Why are so many Catholics anti-Protestant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricius79

Called to Jesus Through Mary
Sep 10, 2009
✟21,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
, a believer calls no one Father except for the Father God in heaven. Catholics actually disobey this Holy command of God, plainly stated in God's word in the Holy scriptures, each time they look to and call a priest as "Father". This is Satanic. Many millions of Catholics also believe we will be condemned if we do not pray the Hail Mary regularly, and the Roman Catholic church propagates literature saying so. This is purely Satanic.

then why did the Apostles call men--such as the Jewish leaders--"fathers" and call themselves "fathers" of their congregations?

as to anti-Protestantism, I think that both Catholics and Protestants are sinners which leads to insensitive and judgmental attitudes which exacerbate the doctrinal disagreements

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Perhaps a spirit of antiChrist is upon you.

Firstly, a woman does not teach

Next, a believer is under no obligation whatsoever to submit to a priest or seek Truth from one, and moreover, a woman does not instruct people to do so, as women are not to teach. No where in scripture, neither in the convictions of the Holy Spirit, will you find this.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. :)

Almost 2000 years of Christianity diagrees with you.

Thirdly, as a couple of examples in regards to Catholicism, a believer calls no one Father except for the Father God in heaven. Catholics actually disobey this Holy command of God, plainly stated in God's word in the Holy scriptures, each time they look to and call a priest as "Father". This is Satanic. Many millions of Catholics also believe we will be condemned if we do not pray the Hail Mary regularly, and the Roman Catholic church propagates literature saying so. This is purely Satanic.

Thank you for letting me know my beliefs satanic. I appreciate being better informed . . . my goodness. . . how could I have been so blind?

Oh wait .. . Paul must have been blind too to this "satanic" idea. . . and oh my goodness! Were the scriptures themselves messed with by "satanic" forces? I ask because the scriptures tell us that Paul was called father by the Corinthians and he told them he was their father!
1 Corinthians
Chapter 415 Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel. 16 Therefore, I urge you, be imitators of me.
Do where did this come from if it is satanic to call someone "father" ? Did these verses of scripture come from satan?? !!!!

I mean, if it is satanic to call someone Father, yet Paul calls himself their Father, then tells them, and us, to imitate him, which would of course include them calling him, and others like him, Father - (that dreaded "satanic" word!) - one has to honestly ask:
is this scripture from satan?? !! :eek:

If it's from God, then God is telling us through scripture it is perfectly acceptable to call someone father.

So who is the author of these verses? God or satan?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

Martingale

One is that the Catholic church still has non-Biblical and anti-Christian practices (there are even things that scripture expressly says to NOT do.... among numerous other things, such as worship or pray to false masters such as Mary, dead people, statues)....

given the level of intentional misrepresentations and strawmen such as the above, its not surprising that christians are their worst enemies.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Not according to my denomination. :) Actually, not even according to Presbyterians. I know of several Presbyterian woman ministers.

moreover, a woman does not instruct people to do so, as women are not to teach. No where in scripture, neither in the convictions of the Holy Spirit, will you find this.
Again, Presbyterians disagree because there are woman Presbyterian ministers. I can link you to how Methodists decided scriptures allowed women to teach if you want.

a believer calls no one Father except for the Father God in heaven.
Really? No one calls their male biological parent "Father"? Since when? There is no such "Holy command of God" in scriptures I am aware of. Please post the verse. Jesus did teach us to pray "Abba" in the Lord's prayer, but that isn't "father". It's "da-da" or "daddy". How a young child addresses his/her father in Aramaic.

Catholics actually disobey this Holy command of God, plainly stated in God's word in the Holy scriptures, each time they look to and call a priest as "Father". This is Satanic.
Oh good grief! It's not even a little bit satanic.

Many millions of Catholics also believe we will be condemned if we do not pray the Hail Mary regularly, and the Roman Catholic church propagates literature saying so. This is purely Satanic.
to be "satanic" something must refer to Satan. Mary is certainly not Satan. To quote Inego Montoya from Princess Bride "I do not think this word means what you think it means."

Of course, many who identify as "Roman Catholic" are also saved followers Jesus Christ who are aware of some or all of these discrepancies and choose to ignore and overlook them for the sake of the fellowship or of serving the Lord in the context of Catholic ministry.
How can they be saved if they are doing "satanic" things? You are internally consistent here.

The idea and position that women should be teaching is an example of the highest form of witchcraft,
Witchcraft? Now I know the word does not mean what you think it means. So the Presbyterian Church practices witchcraft. Why are you in it?

Scripture says pagans will be saved before many who profess faith.
:confused: I thought "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." How can pagans who don't profess Jesus come to the Father? :)

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I am new to the forum so pardon me if I missed this info in some of the numerous posts on this topic. Seems I recall the RC convened the council of trent (damage control viv a vis the reformation) and forbid RC's to have fellowship with protestants.

You can check your recollection here: CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Council of Trent

It would appear that later considerations overthrew any possible ban on fellowship with Protestants. Several Popes have had fellowship with a great number of Protestants. :)

Upvote 0

InSearchOfCompassion

Newb Mode [on] off
Jun 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
✟7,693.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can I just ask both Catholics and Protestants. Is it a salvation issue? To Catholics believe me not to be saved? And should I as a protestant believe Catholics not to be saved?

I have many catholic friends and they help my walk in faith and I help theirs. But we are all fairly young, and I don't know much about denominations, and I'm not sure they do ever.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Can I just ask both Catholics and Protestants. Is it a salvation issue? To Catholics believe me not to be saved? And should I as a protestant believe Catholics not to be saved?

I have many catholic friends and they help my walk in faith and I help theirs. But we are all fairly young, and I don't know much about denominations, and I'm not sure they do ever.

Only God knows to whom He shall have mercy on.
No one can say who is saved and we wont know til the time comes.

Catholics believe in invincible ignorance. Which is to say if someone does not know about the faith [and its a deep discussion in and of itself] and so many years passed since the reform, that protestants are most likely saved. Though we dont know.
No one is able to Judge but God.

The Catholic Church has been established by Christ to offer the sacraments which are instruments for grace.
IE - the sacraments greatly help as they are an outward sign instituted by Christ to give grace ...

Night. :sleep:

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Can I just ask both Catholics and Protestants. Is it a salvation issue? To Catholics believe me not to be saved?
You'll get varied answers here at the forum.
If you're seriously interested what the RCC thinks you'd want to
do the research yourself. I was raised RCC and yeah, they're sort
of taught that their church has the fullness of truth and the rest of
us mere mortals are not as enlightened.. I disagree :D
And should I as a protestant believe Catholics not to be saved?
I think that you as a Christian should pray for everyone and let God work
that out lol.
Denominations are not biblical.

There's one church..
but this is kind of a sore spot because most Christians
belong to a sect and rather than repenting, they deny
that factions are not endorsed by God.

IMO.. always check with Scripture when someone
gives you their opinion. I would be so sad if I taught
you something that was unbiblical.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So tho opinions vary, and heresy is corrupt and anathema to those who do things outside of the scope of the teachings and the excommunications et al mentioned in scriptures mean absolutely nothing - because despite heresy, anathema, and excommunication - we really are one Church?

How can we pit God against Himself?

He never once said all forms of doctrines would be welcomed, this makes Him a God of confusion and unfaithful to the teachings He sent the Apostles out to teach.

I see no where that all beliefs are welcomed, could you show me this Sun?

What you are proposing go against scriptures:

Romans 16:17

Now I beseech you, brethren, to mark them who make dissensions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them.
[*Excommunication]

2 Timothy 4:15

Whom do thou also avoid, for he hath greatly withstood our words.

Titus 3:10

A man that is a heretic, after the first and second admonition, avoid:

You cannot possibly contradict scriptures with scriptures.

The breaking off from the original is a concern to the Church who is the abode of all graces for the humanity on earth via her teachings espoused from Christ and His sacraments.

WE know where Christ is, we know not where He is not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps a spirit of antiChrist is upon you.

This needs to be tweeked per what you mean.
Women are teachers, who is your own mother but a woman and a woman who first taught you.
Also women are teachers - and teach children all the time...as has been their ordained job. And men too - and religion. Just not in the position of the ordained.

Now, if you mean woman do not preach in the Church - i agree.

You need to make the distinctions.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

He never once said all forms of doctrines would be welcomed, this makes Him a God of confusion and unfaithful to the teachings He sent the Apostles out to teach.

I see no where that all beliefs are welcomed, could you show me this Sun?

TBH, i never said all beliefs are welcome.
I said that there is ONE church.
A house divided against itself cannot stand...
Perhaps you didnt' read my post.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Firstly, a woman does not teach.

This one does. Get over it.

For one thing, if you care to check your Bible, you have the context wrong. We are not in church, and I am not standing in a pulpit. There is nothing in the Bible to prevent me commenting on a message board and pointing out to you that the Gospel you are proclaiming is a tad different from that which is contained in Scripture.

If you still prefer to ignore what I say, then feel free. It really doesn't bother me one bit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed

I can't really answer for Roman Catholics, but as far as I understand it, both Orthodoxy and Roman Catholicism regards their own church as having the closest to the fullness of truth, but do not thereby condemn any other church as being necessarily outside the faith. Unless there is some glaring inconsistency with the Nicene Creed, I think the view is that other churches may also contain some truth, although never as much as the apostolics. The degree of truth is left to the Lord to determine, and is not judged by Rome or Orthodoxy itself.

Meanwhile, none of us enter eternity because of the completeness of our theological understanding. If we enter at all, it is because of our love, our belief, our faith and our lives as Christians, walking beside the Lord.

If you have Christian friends and they help you with your walk of faith, and you help them, then that is all that matters. :wave:

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
The breaking off from the original is a concern to the Church who is the abode of all graces for the humanity on earth via her teachings espoused from Christ and His sacraments.
The main problem with this modest little pov is that the Orthodox church could use the exact same argument against Rome, and say that the breaking off from the original dates from long before the Reformation, and that it is Rome who is in schism.

In which case, 'we are right because we were here first, and because we say so' does not really equate to much of an argument. A far more valid argument would be, 'we are right because we are able to demonstrate through Grace real purity of life, and a real reflection of Christ in the world.' In some cases this is indeed true of the Roman Catholic church, for example in the area of education, where it provides schools all over the world to people who would otherwise not be able to educate their children.

However, in some cases sadly it is far from true, for example in relation to teachings about AIDS in recent years, which in my opinion has verged on evil, resulting in the sacrifice of many thousands, perhaps tens of thousands, of lives for the sake of dogma. There is no excuse for this whatever; it is simply wrong. Where it is far from true, is where non Romans can see that there is something lacking. Sometimes what is lacking cannot be found anywhere; no denomination is perfect. Sometimes it can be found in other denominations, and found in a context and degree that frankly puts Rome to shame.

Rome itself has had to admit this, at least in part, and move from an initially very staunch position where all other churches were necessarily anathema, to one where they have to be accepted as containing at least some truth. God does not change, but the Roman Catholic church does. It changes very slowly, admittedly, but it does happen. And it is going to have to change some more.

WE know where Christ is, we know not where He is not.

How remarkably modest of you, once again. Good luck with that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I guess when one says breaking off from the church I need to ask what one really means. Breaking off from Christ ? Or breaking off from a body of people?
does not the NT describe the Church as the Body of Christ?
what makes you think you can seperate the two?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
does not the NT describe the Church as the Body of Christ?
what makes you think you can seperate the two?
I would think it does. What makes you ask that?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I guess when one says breaking off from the church I need to ask what one really means. Breaking off from Christ ? Or breaking off from a body of people?
Would that imply "schism"?

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by JacktheCatholic
There are people that were exposed to the fullness of the teachings of the Catholic Church and were as you say 'enlightened'. In cases where there is no ignorance and one acts contrary to Christ then they are culpable for the denial of Christ when they turn away.

[bible]john 6:66[/bible]

Sometimes ignorance is a good thing.
:D
But most times it isn't
sorry, they were not really believers in the first place.

John 6:64Yet there are some of you who do not believe." For Jesus had known from the beginning which of them did not believe and who would betray him.

these were the "followers" that were chasing Jesus because they wanted nothing more than food.

John 6:26Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill.
That works for me also..........

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.