Why are so many Catholics anti-Protestant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7001922&page=20
Why are Protestants so Anti-Catholic? (2)

Hi. Since there was a thread concerning Protestants being anti-Catholic, I thought to myself, why not make one on why a lot of Catholics are anti-Protestants/non-Catholic.
The reason I am making this thread is it appears I was actually shunned by a few Catholics on the OBOB because of either Scripture I put up and/or the fact that I was an ex-Catholic, and wonder how extreme the feelings are for Catholics concerning non-Catholics? Thoughts? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, if a family member left you for the ways which you belief to be chaos, you wouldn't exactly have good conversations at the family reunion now, would you?
My brothers and I don't see eye to eye on anything but we get along great on the rare occassions we see eachother.

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:) Have you tried to get along with our Catholic Christian brethren on the OBOB Board yet? I love them all!!! Peace
Hi LLOJ,
hang out in WWMC and get along with all walks of life. I love Protestants, for I was once one myself :wave:

Peace!

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hi Rhamiel. I understand. I was once a confused Catholic myself but the TRUTH set me free:bow:
The RC denomination just has too many layers of mysteries upon mysteries that even the Catechism can't even help "uncover".

I won't be going to OBOB anytime in the near, or possibly even the far future, as you and the Catholics can work out your own Confusion. Peace. :groupray:

Luke 3:6 And shall-be-seeing All Flesh the Salvation of the God/YHWH.'
Hey, you're welcome in TAW. :)

And if you want to debate, than we have a subforum for it! ;)

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
:hug: I don't really like debating as much as just discussing the Scriptures.
I brought up Scriptures on the OBOB board and you would have thought I was quoting from the Book of Satan!!!! Egads! :D
Ah.

It could have been the way you were quoting them. I usually don't go there, so I can't say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, if a family member left you for the ways which you belief to be chaos, you wouldn't exactly have good conversations at the family reunion now, would you?
problem is, none of us (with the exception of former Catholics) are the famiily members who "left."

It's more than that. There is bad blood both ways... and I think it has more to it than the reformation hundreds of years ago.

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
:hug: I don't really like debating as much as just discussing the Scriptures.
I brought up Scriptures on the OBOB board and you would have thought I was quoting from the Book of Satan!!!! Egads! :D

That would be very odd as it was the Catholic Church that gave you the bible you so love to beat Catholics over the head with.<<staff edit>>

Hi Rhamiel. I understand. I was once a confused Catholic myself but the TRUTH set me free
The RC denomination just has too many layers of mysteries upon mysteries that even the Catechism can't even help "uncover".

I won't be going to OBOB anytime in the near, or possibly even the far future, as you and the Catholics can work out your own Confusion. Peace.

Luke 3:6 And shall-be-seeing All Flesh the Salvation of the God/YHWH.'

Case in point! Fortunately, the TRUTH is in the Catholic faith. I'm sorry you're so confused about that. Here's a hug for you....:hug:

Upvote 0

Uphill Battle

Apr 25, 2005
✟23,416.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
That would be very odd as it was the Catholic Church that gave you the bible you so love to beat Catholics over the head with. Perhaps it's just that you tend to be rude and arrogant.

Case in point! Fortunately, the TRUTH is in the Catholic faith. I'm sorry you're so confused about that. Here's a hug for you....:hug:
Frankly, Veritas, it's a case of the Pot calling the kettle black. You chastise LLOJ for saying something like "confused Catholic" and "the truth set me free" but have you seen the types of monikers that RCC's apply to Protestants?

It goes both ways, I'm afraid.

Reactions: Diane_Windsor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi. Since there was a thread concerning Protestants being anti-Catholic, I thought to myself, why not make one on why a lot of Catholics are anti-Protestants/non-Catholic.
The reason I am making this thread is it appears I was actually shunned by a few Catholics on the OBOB because of either Scripture I put up and/or the fact that I was an ex-Catholic, and wonder how extreme the feelings are for Catholics concerning non-Catholics? Thoughts? Thanks.

Personally I love all Christians. :)

I just wish they would find the fullness of the Truth concerning our salvation and Christ. This can only be had in the Catholic Church.

So I am looking out for my fellow Christians and try to do it in a charitable way.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
LLoJ, you are not being shunned because you used to be Catholic, but because as a non-catholic, you are not welcome to debate or teach. People go to OBOB for the advise and opinions from Catholics and I do not want you to confuse them

Pretty much.

The congregational rules do not allow for other religions to come and 'teach and debate' the congregation.

Ah.

It could have been the way you were quoting them. I usually don't go there, so I can't say.
:thumbsup: Precisely.

Be honest LLOJ. You would not have started this, if you would have minded the log in your eye first. ;)

You shouldnt oversimplify something that was made complicated.

AND this post...
Hi Rhamiel. I understand. I was once a confused Catholic myself but the TRUTH set me free:bow:

IS most telling.
For instance...you came in to teach us because you think we are lost...and we have no truth.

Just saying....

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.