Why are so many Catholics anti-Protestant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Nicene Creed in the Catholic Church says 'through the Father and the Son...'
Because the Trinity cannot be split.

I dont think you are comprehending what i am saying; however
If that is true...ask, instead of inferring what you think i am saying..

:)

I know what the Nicene Creed says, and the filioque is not the issue. Christ's eternal nature is the issue. However, I am not going to continue the discussion here, because it is likely to degenerate into pantomime; 'oh yes it is'; 'oh no it isn't'. I don't want to go there.

We have reached impasse. You are under no obligation to believe me; you are under obligation to believe the teachings of your church. Therefore, please talk to your priest.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

I know what the Nicene Creed says, and the filioque is not the issue. Christ's eternal nature is the issue. However, I am not going to continue the discussion here, because it is likely to degenerate into pantomime; 'oh yes it is'; 'oh no it isn't'. I don't want to go there.

We have reached impasse. You are under no obligation to believe me; you are under obligation to believe the teachings of your church. Therefore, please talk to your priest.
I still don't understand the controversy over the "filoque".
In fact, I don't even know what that means! :sorry:

http://www.christianforums.com/t6870602-88/#post43628489

Scholasticism
Filioque
Papal Supremacy
Immaculate Conception

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I still don't understand the controversy over the "filoque".
In fact, I don't even know what that means! :sorry:

http://www.christianforums.com/t6870602-88/#post43628489

Scholasticism
Filioque
Papal Supremacy
Immaculate Conception

Filique has to do with the creed or prayer where one says the Holy Spirit proceeded from the Father. In the Early Church this had "and the Son" added to it. Filioque is Latin for "and the Son".

More can be learned about this when you study the origins of the Creeds of the Church.

Some info: Filioque - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0
J

Jasperst

It is strange to me the bickering in this thread over the scriptures about the Holy Spirit and the debate about attacks on the false churches and Satanic religions in ancient times.

There are some scary things this points to though.....

One is that the Catholic church still has non-Biblical and anti-Christian practices (there are even things that scripture expressly says to NOT do.... among numerous other things, such as worship or pray to false masters such as Mary, dead people, statues)

Another is that the Islamic religion is very rapidly growing and is just as Satanic as ever

A third is that people are arguing and contending in this thread instead of just agreeing that the Holy Spirit is available to us if we ask Jesus Christ to break into our lives and receive baptism in the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ and of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Something most Roman Catholics, and even more people of Eastern Orthodox religion, are unaware of, by the way.

The amount of factioning and false vines and false teachings and confused or witchcraft based bastardizations of the Scripture today is all particularly scary. These churches where they think it is OK for women to teach or that homosexuality is not a sin - this is especially disturbing to me and I avoid these people carefully, lest I get sucked into their deranged circles. I just remind myself daily of my allegiance and don't worry about these trends of people turning away from Truth and hence against one another, even as people do in these threads.

I will add that satan is a father also - of many evil spirits, so father, son, holy ghost? No. The Holy Spirit proceeds from Jesus Christ and in every instance of baptism in the scripture, it is clearly stated as such. Scripture even plainly explains that the ones who are baptized, but not in Jesus Christ's name, do not receive the Holy Spirit. Read it in Acts. If you have been baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, and not in the name of Jesus Christ, then be baptized again so you may receive His Holy Spirit, just as Peter re-baptized those men in Acts who had been baptized, but had not been baptized in the name of Jesus Christ.

No true believer anywhere is under any obligation to believe the teachings of any church and clearly most churches are astray in one aspect or another these days. Many a priest who would seek to explain Truth to you is themselves either having sex with a child behind closed doors, or worshiping false gods like Mary, other dead people, or statues, in their spare time. We are obliged to believe the teachings of Jesus Christ, the Prophets and the Apostles, not any church.
Perhaps we can all agree that Jesus Christ is the Lord and the Word of the Father is plainly laid out in the Bible and it is all 100% true and just leave it out that. I also want to say that if we ask the Father for wisdom, just as James said to do, then we will receive it and will be able to discern Truth and see who or what teachings are lost and anti-Christian

A friend of mine and I agreed today that only a few percent of people in the churches these days are actually able to properly discern Truth and are walking with the Lord Jesus. We discussed this topic after a sister finished teaching. She should not be doing that, as clearly stated by Paul in Ephesians and Timothy, but through witchcraft, people, (especially women), have bastardized and dismissed those scriptures these days, much like satan twisted God's word when he deceived Eve. On that note, we also agreed that finding a Godly wife in the USA now is like looking for a spec of dust in a tornado.

All just minor growing pains I guess, as Jesus said there would be.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NoBama2012

Jan 25, 2011
West Coast, USA
✟1,051.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Nicene Creed in the Catholic Church says 'through the Father and the Son...'
Because the Trinity cannot be split............

And also because of this (and I am quoting here):

"Just as the Father externally sent the Son into the world in time, the Son internally proceeds from the Father in the Trinity. Just as the Spirit is externally sent into the world by the Son as well as the Father (John 15:26, Acts 2:33), he internally proceeds from both Father and Son in the Trinity. This is why the Spirit is referred to as the Spirit of the Son (Gal. 4:6) and not just the Spirit of the Father (Matt. 10:20)."

"The expression "from the Father through the Son" is accepted by many Eastern Orthodox. This, in fact, led to a reunion of the Eastern Orthodox with the Catholic Church in 1439 at the Council of Florence: "The Greek prelates believed that every saint, precisely as a saint, was inspired by the Holy Spirit and therefore could not err in faith. If they expressed themselves differently, their meanings must substantially agree. . . . Once the Greeks accepted that the Latin Fathers had really written Filioque (they could not understand Latin), the issue was settled (May 29). The Greek Fathers necessarily meant the same; the faiths of the two churches were identical; union was not only possible but obligatory (June 3); and on June 8 the Latin cedula [statements of belief] on the procession [of the Spirit] was accepted by the Greek synod" (New Catholic Encyclopedia, 5:972–3). Unfortunately, the union did not last. In the 1450s (just decades before the Protestant Reformation), the Eastern Orthodox left the Church again under pressure from the Muslims, who had just conquered them and who insisted they renounce their union with the Western Church (lest Western Christians come to their aid militarily)"

link > filioque

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
One is that the Catholic church still has non-Biblical and anti-Christian practices (there are even things that scripture expressly says to NOT do.... among numerous other things, such as worship or pray to false masters such as Mary, dead people, statues)

This assertion is nonsense. The RCC does not practice unBiblical or anti-Christian practices, except by interpretation. And interpretation can just as easily declare many charismatic practices as unBiblical. The Bible does not interpret itself, but that does not mean that every interpretation is necessarily equivalent in authority to the Bible itself.

A third is that people are arguing and contending in this thread instead of just agreeing that the Holy Spirit is available to us if we ask Jesus Christ to break into our lives and receive baptism in the Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ and of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

There is no argument. When further clarification was needed on a particular point, I referred someone to his priest. I have no idea how you get contention from that.

And you might care to reconsider the above paragraph; you have salvation dependent on us asking Christ to do something, aka works theology. I think you will find it is the other way round; salvation is by act of God, aka Grace.

Something most Roman Catholics, and even more people of Eastern Orthodox religion, are unaware of, by the way.

At least you got this bit right. Apostolic churches have salvation only by God; first, second and third, not by man. How marvellous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

Show me where i dont believe Christ or the Holy Spirit is eternal.

I said 'come to earth'....that doesnt negate their Eternal Being.
Also, it may be said the 'Tree of Life' is the Holy Spirit....guarded from humanity til the Christ come.

Its certainly logical...since no one ever heard of the Advocate prior to Christ explaining Who He is..and sending Him to fill the world.

Ergo the problem of communication between us was based on assumption and nothing i ever said.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And also because of this (and I am quoting here):

"Just as the Father externally sent the Son into the world in time, the Son internally proceeds from the Father in the Trinity. Just as the Spirit is externally sent into the world by the Son as well as the Father (John 15:26, Acts 2:33), he internally proceeds from both Father and Son in the Trinity. This is why the Spirit is referred to as the Spirit of the Son (Gal. 4:6) and not just the Spirit of the Father (Matt. 10:20)."

"The expression "from the Father through the Son" is accepted by many Eastern Orthodox. This, in fact, led to a reunion of the Eastern Orthodox with the Catholic Church in 1439 at the Council of Florence: "The Greek prelates believed that every saint, precisely as a saint, was inspired by the Holy Spirit and therefore could not err in faith. If they expressed themselves differently, their meanings must substantially agree. . . . Once the Greeks accepted that the Latin Fathers had really written Filioque (they could not understand Latin), the issue was settled (May 29). The Greek Fathers necessarily meant the same; the faiths of the two churches were identical; union was not only possible but obligatory (June 3); and on June 8 the Latin cedula [statements of belief] on the procession [of the Spirit] was accepted by the Greek synod" (New Catholic Encyclopedia, 5:972–3). Unfortunately, the union did not last. In the 1450s (just decades before the Protestant Reformation), the Eastern Orthodox left the Church again under pressure from the Muslims, who had just conquered them and who insisted they renounce their union with the Western Church (lest Western Christians come to their aid militarily)"

link > filioque

We did help them - though - prior to getting back together.
Which may have been the bees nest of the Muslims problem in seeing that they had aid.
Shame they didnt trust.

I read also some of the lay were against the reunion, then again, i got that from the Eastern perspective. Perhaps they were against it if it meant their lives?

The council was very important, and somehow it got all messed up again. Perhaps to save face and save themselves the East allowed the Muslims to cause a derailment.

I wish the whole 'it's heresy' stuff would go away because each time it came up - the East did side with Rome in the past whether by great Saints or council.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
Ergo the problem of communication between us was based on assumption and nothing i ever said.
the Holy Spirit....guarded from humanity til the Christ come.

Its certainly logical...since no one ever heard of the Advocate prior to Christ explaining Who He is..and sending Him to fill the world.

I decline to engage again. Talk to your priest.

:wave:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I know my faith...and i hope you soon stop assuming i am in error...or even assuming you know what i am saying, juding by your responses that you evidently have a difficult time with my replies.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know my faith...and i hope you soon stop assuming i am in error...or even assuming you know what i am saying, juding by your responses that you evidently have a difficult time with my replies.

If you need a witness I am can vouche for your knowledge. Though I may not be credible to some as well (maybe even less so). C'est la vie. :cool:

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by WarriorAngel I know my faith...and i hope you soon stop assuming i am in error...or even assuming you know what i am saying, juding by your responses that you evidently have a difficult time with my replies.
If you need a witness I am can vouche for your knowledge. Though I may not be credible to some as well (maybe even less so). C'est la vie. :cool:
You seem credible to me bro. :thumbsup:

The Testimony of Two or Three Witnesses: We Can Trust the Factuality of the Gospel, by Bob and Gretchen Passantino
The Testimony of Two or Three Witnesses:
We Can Trust the Factuality of the Gospel

Over the years we have observed this biblical principle in both the Old Testament and the New Testament. We have come to call this the principle of "the testimony of two or more witnesses."

One witness is not enough to convict a man accused of any crime or offense he may have committed. A matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Again, the Holy Spirit - was the word put into prophets mouths only.
It was due to Christ that He came into the world...

For Christ said if He did not go, He could not yet send the Holy Spirit...for the whole world.

I deny nothing of the Trinity.
Just bringing this back out...
Because i am accused of saying [not sure really] something i am doubtful i said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟439,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It is a profile tweak we can do when it is working. :cool:

It hasnt been working for over a year..
BUT i finally was able to change my wall in my profile. lol
Doubt i can do it again.....:p

I have been wanting to change the color of my texts too...kind of sick of blue. :doh:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
how come your name is blue and no one else's is?
cuz I iz LeEt :thumbsup:

Blue Letter Bible - Search Results for KJV

Young) Ezekiel 27:24 They [are] thy merchants for perfect things, For wrappings of blue, and embroidery, And for treasuries of rich apparel, With cords bound and girded, for thy merchandise,

leet.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...=en&sa=X&tbs=isch:1&ei=RolITaqNNYL58AbG05TIBg

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It hasnt been working for over a year..
BUT i finally was able to change my wall in my profile. lol
Doubt i can do it again.....:p

I have been wanting to change the color of my texts too...kind of sick of blue. :doh:

I saw LLoJ asking about it on the chatbox awhile back and gave it a try and "fail". Oh well... guess it is not important so no need to get upset over it. :cool:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I saw LLoJ asking about it on the chatbox awhile back and gave it a try and "fail". Oh well... guess it is not important so no need to get upset over it. :cool:
Sorry about that bro :sorry:

Upvote 0
J

Jasperst

Perhaps a spirit of antiChrist is upon you.

Firstly, a woman does not teach

Next, a believer is under no obligation whatsoever to submit to a priest or seek Truth from one, and moreover, a woman does not instruct people to do so, as women are not to teach. No where in scripture, neither in the convictions of the Holy Spirit, will you find this.

Thirdly, as a couple of examples in regards to Catholicism, a believer calls no one Father except for the Father God in heaven. Catholics actually disobey this Holy command of God, plainly stated in God's word in the Holy scriptures, each time they look to and call a priest as "Father". This is Satanic. Many millions of Catholics also believe we will be condemned if we do not pray the Hail Mary regularly, and the Roman Catholic church propagates literature saying so. This is purely Satanic.

Of course, many who identify as "Roman Catholic" are also saved followers Jesus Christ who are aware of some or all of these discrepancies and choose to ignore and overlook them for the sake of the fellowship or of serving the Lord in the context of Catholic ministry.

While it is true that no one can come to the Father except He chooses them, a person must also at some point consciously choose to follow Jesus or choose to seek Him, or choose or pray to draw nearer to Him, etc. However, these semantics are unimportant as you are a woman and do not need to concern about propagating revelation or teaching theology, as scripture is clear in stating. The idea and position that women should be teaching is an example of the highest form of witchcraft, similar to the contemporary idea that homosexuality is not sin - both ideas are working their way into both Catholic and protestant churches now, and is a sign of the factionalism and falling away promised in end times in preparation for the return of the Lord. Scripture has to be thrown out and/or twisted in order to reach that conclusion. The institutions of Catholicism and Protestantism are themselves institutions highly influenced by the world, the cultures, and rife with factionalism and false teachings. This, which may seem scary at first as we see the modern "church" becoming corrupted and torn apart by the anti-Christ, is in fact encouraging to we who believe, as it is the fulfillment of God's promises in prophesy, and indicates that Jesus may soon return.

The church is the believers who have had the revelation that Jesus is the Christ and have received the Spirit of God, as described in God's word in the books of Matthew and John. Scripture says pagans will be saved before many who profess faith. The scripture says that in end times, many will be deceived, and we can see whole congregations of totally deceived people now. The scripture says Christians will turn on Christians, and we can see what happens now when a believer speaks Truth in one of these deceived congregations. Scripture says that He who stands firm to the end will be saved.

I pray that each one who believes prays to God that He may help us to draw near to Him; to Know Him; to know what it means and feels like to Love Him; to walk with Him like Enoch; to understand His perfect will, and to help us with our unbelief and our sin, and to send His Spirit of wisdom and revelation, that we may not be deceived or led astray.

We can not look to a priest or any particular congregation or faction for this. Lord, we repent of looking to a church, a priest, a pastor, or a church membership, or a spouse or family members, or ourselves, etc... as God. Only you, God will provide our rescue and redemption and only your Spirit in us can offer revelation, wisdom, and discernment. Lord, please protect the saints; please lift our scales; please open our ears; please heal our deafness and blindness; please keep us close. Please help us to seek no refuge in this world of despair, but to seek our Hope only in you. Lord, help us to keep our prayer life honest and strong. Lord help us to live with zeal and to offer our very lives as living sacrifices to you. Lord, we are weak and frail and faulty, we can not do it, or anything of any value, with out you. Above all Lord, please forgive our failure to fear and Love you and please help us to fear and to Love you, as we in our unbelief and sin are unable.

This assertion is nonsense. The RCC does not practice unBiblical or anti-Christian practices, except by interpretation. And interpretation can just as easily declare many charismatic practices as unBiblical. The Bible does not interpret itself, but that does not mean that every interpretation is necessarily equivalent in authority to the Bible itself.

There is no argument. When further clarification was needed on a particular point, I referred someone to his priest. I have no idea how you get contention from that.

And you might care to reconsider the above paragraph; you have salvation dependent on us asking Christ to do something, aka works theology. I think you will find it is the other way round; salvation is by act of God, aka Grace.

At least you got this bit right. Apostolic churches have salvation only by God; first, second and third, not by man. How marvellous.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.