Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And I already told you... Men are more prone to violence.

That is literally it. Morals go down, male violence goes up.
OK, so how do we solve the problem?

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK, so how do we solve the problem?

There is no solution outside God.

And you paint men as the problem where it's actually sin where BOTH men and women are destroying this earth. So you should really delete this thread.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Your thread title is "why are most shooters men",

Because most mass shooters are men.

the rest of the op is a narrative designed to feed into hate for men

How is asking why is this happening and how do we deal with it creating hatred for men? Please explain.

and secondly weaponized against the 2nd amendment ultimately.

How since I specifically said in the OP that we would not discuss gun control in this thread?

I used abortion to debunk your one sided attack on men, but also mentioned other examples.

But I have not made a “one sided attack on men”. In fact I asked how we solve this problem.

I am perfectly aware abortion is not the main topic, but when you claim most shooters are men, you're also claiming at the same time most murderers are men.

No, that is a different discussion,and I said no such thing. The thread is specifically about mass shootings.

Mass shootings is not your topic, the gender of shooters is.

No the thread is about mass shootings, the vast majority of which are committed by men, and what can we do about the problem.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no solution outside God.

And you paint men as the problem where it's actually sin where BOTH men and women are destroying this earth. So you should really delete this thread.
Women are not the ones doing most of these mass shootings. The thread is aptly named. Destroying the Earth is a whole different topic.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Women are not the ones doing most of these mass shootings. The thread is aptly named. Destroying the Earth is a whole different topic.

A better title would be, "Why are there so many mass shootings and how can we stop them?"

Your title sounds like the modern narrative that all men are bad. (As evidenced by some of the feminists posting in this thread)

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A better title would be, "Why are there so many mass shootings and how can we stop them?"

Your title sounds like the modern narrative that all men are bad. (As evidenced by some of the feminists posting in this thread)

No, the thread is appropriately titled as the vast majority of these shootings are being done by men.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, the thread is appropriately titled as the vast majority of these shootings are being done by men.

No because it is pointing at men.

How would the public reception be if I made a thread with, "How can we stop women from doing x thing?"

It would be considered a very offensive title.

I'm sorry you don't see that.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No because it is pointing at men.

How would the public reception be if I made a thread with, "How can we stop women from doing x thing?"

It would be considered a very offensive title.

I'm sorry you don't see that.
If it's an obviously objectionable thing almost exclusively done by women, I won't be complaining about it.

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If it's an obviously objectionable thing almost exclusively done by women, I won't be complaining about it.

Lets put it in perspective... What percentage of men go on a killing spree? 1%? .01%?

.0001%?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lets put it in perspective... What percentage of men go on a killing spree? 1%? .01%?

.0001%?

But we are talking about mass shootings. I think an earlier post said that three women had participated in mass shootings. All the rest were done by men. If we are going to solve the problem we need to figure out why men are doing it and how to best deal with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

.0001%?
The title isn't "why do most men go on killing sprees?"

It's "Why are most shooters [people who go on killing sprees" men?

Why is this so upsetting? If there is something evil and horrible that happens regularly that is done ALMOST exclusively by women...why not have a discussion about it?

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But we are talking about mass shootings. I think an earlier post said that three women had participated in mass shootings. All the rest were done by men. If we are going to solve the problem we need to figure out why men are doing it and how to best deal with it.

Fine. Either way you already have the answer which should've been obvious in the first place. It's not a mysterious thing to know that men are more prone to physical violence. I mean it's just a thread that is intentionally attempting to stir controversy and I think you know that.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because most mass shooters are men.

Most wars in the history of mankind were also primarily fought by men...

How is asking why is this happening and how do we deal with it creating hatred for men? Please explain.

Your question does not take into account all of your context, like;

"The one thing that connects all these shootings is that the killer was male. In fact, men have been responsible for almost all mass shootings."​

"What are we teaching (or not teaching) our sons that we are apparently teaching (or not teaching) our daughters?"
I suspect there are many many micro reasons and different reasons they might point to, but ultimately it is a lack of restraint of sinful nature being acted upon.

How since I specifically said in the OP that we would not discuss gun control in this thread?

And yet bringing it up in mentioning it is offering temptation for people to respond in a certain way...

But I have not made a “one sided attack on men”. In fact I asked how we solve this problem.

Abolishing the 2nd Amendment would not solve the problem. To solve the problem means getting to the heart of the problem. Maybe the problem is fed in public schools? Maybe a combination of at home and in school? Maybe a combination of those along with other issues? Spiritual and psychological? Could be a combination of problems which when bottled up, will only remain bottled for so long before release? Some people are more patient than others, some people have more self-control than others, but everyone has their personal limits.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Fine. Either way you already have the answer which should've been obvious in the first place. It's not a mysterious thing to know that men are more prone to physical violence. I mean it's just a thread that is intentionally attempting to stir controversy and I think you know that.
I don't know that men are more inclined to violence. Women can get up to all kinds of violence. Even if men are more inclined to it, they aren't THAT much more inclined to it. But as you said, the VAST majority of people / men never go on a killing spree.

So, why are ALMOST all who do killing sprees men?

My guess is because men are emotionally injured in our world at least as severely as women, in general - but are more oe less forbidden to deal with those injuries except with fantasies of violence.

• Agree
Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Teach mothers to love their children, to show affection for them? All men have mothers.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Teach mothers to love their children, to show affection for them? All men have mothers.
Thank you. These are the sorts of responses I was after—positive responses that can deal with the problem. Instead I get criticism that the thread is anti-male and anti-2nd Amendment.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is the problem. No one can know how upset any party will be, you have to wait and see.
I love both my daughter and this young man. If you knew my daughter, you would know she is very blunt and direct and quite capable of handling everything fine. I would shake any young mans hand who can take on this fire brand and I have told my daughter this, and funnily her friends would agree with me.

The problem here is simply not just being open, and learning love is given freely and accepted freely. Anything less is not love. It is better to learn to declare ones feelings and have them shot down than to think it is meaningful if never expressed. Families are about this discussion, and the disagreements which are later resolved. Once you hide the emotional story things go extreme and emotions unchecked and unbalanced lead to these mass killings. It is why repressed emotions are the worst strategy anyone can take, because they always burst out in the end.
That all makes sense, thank you for sharing.

I would just suggest that since you used the story as an example, you might want to consider how it could come across and why you stated you needed to be considerate of the man’s feelings (a good thing,) yet seemed to present the womens’ feelings as overreactions. The reason I am suggesting this is that we have a history of men not standing up to other men when they are disrespectful to women, usually with the excuse that they have to preserve a relationship with the other guy. And that is problematic because the thing that is the most effective at stopping sexual harassment and sexual assault is peer pressure from other men. Perhaps your situation is not remotely a situation where you should or need to intervene, but i what I got from your post was different.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
The Us had additional mass shootings over the past few days. Three innocent people were shot and killed in State College, Pennsylvania; a forth remains in the hospital. That shooter later killed himself. Five women were gunned down in a Florida bank; that shooter is in police custody. The most recent in Louisiana resulted in five deaths; that shooter is still at large.

The one thing that connects all these shootings is that the killer was male. In fact, men have been responsible for almost all mass shootings.

What is wrong here? What are we teaching (or not teaching) our sons that we are apparently teaching (or not teaching) our daughters? More importantly, how do we stop this?

At least two of these shootings involved girlfriends/ex-girlfriends. Again, what are we teaching our young men that apparently makes them think that they have an ownership interest in their girlfriend/ex-girlfriend?

I would ask why we make guns, particularly semi-automatic guns, so readily available in our nation but I know where those discussions go, so please keep away from that issue.
What has guns to do with the question of Why men do certain things more than women do?

But since you switch the focus of your question to from men to guns, I will mention one thing about guns. It was recognized by the founders to be the one thing to protect the public from an oppressive government. If you think that is not possible here in the US you haven't been paying attention. Historically, one of the first things dictators and other regimes do to control the public is to disarm them. I wouldn't be too quick to go that route, when (sorry to say) there are much more severe problems to deal with than the sticky question of disarming those who need guns.

Upvote 0

Royals IS

May 20, 2017
Western Michigan
✟28,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think its got less to do with them trying to “control women” and more so with psychology of one’s self believing that they have been wronged and the only way to make it all right is by taking it out on the world.

The typical stereotype of a mass shooter is a white male, usually a loner, and having social issues. Social skills, bullying etc.

Another reason is the infamy aspect, seeing yourself on the news nationwide, having your 15 minutes of fame. One shooter named Robert Hawkins had written in his suicide note “Im going out in style” as well as “I’m gonna be f**king famous”

Also if I didn’t know any better I would say this thread is a divide and conquer post, I wouldn’t be surprised if OP is a radical feminist trying to pit Men vs. Women.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What is wrong here? What are we teaching (or not teaching) our sons that we are apparently teaching (or not teaching) our daughters?

OK it's late and I have no one to talk to so I'll post. There are approximately 12 mass shootings in 2013. At that time 315,000,000 people lived in the US. Therefore the percentage of perpetrators committing mass shootings was: 0.0000004%.

Now I am not saying that the perpetrators weren't taught correctly. Because perhaps they were taught correctly. And just committed the crimes anyways. Desiring to do evil or something.

But I think that the active shooter statistics might indicate that we're actually doing a pretty good job of teaching our sons. Arguments? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0