Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Us had additional mass shootings over the past few days. Three innocent people were shot and killed in State College, Pennsylvania; a forth remains in the hospital. That shooter later killed himself. Five women were gunned down in a Florida bank; that shooter is in police custody. The most recent in Louisiana resulted in five deaths; that shooter is still at large.

The one thing that connects all these shootings is that the killer was male. In fact, men have been responsible for almost all mass shootings.

What is wrong here? What are we teaching (or not teaching) our sons that we are apparently teaching (or not teaching) our daughters? More importantly, how do we stop this?

At least two of these shootings involved girlfriends/ex-girlfriends. Again, what are we teaching our young men that apparently makes them think that they have an ownership interest in their girlfriend/ex-girlfriend?

I would ask why we make guns, particularly semi-automatic guns, so readily available in our nation but I know where those discussions go, so please keep away from that issue.

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The one thing that connects all these shootings is that the killer was male. In fact, men have been responsible for almost all mass shootings.

You might also ask, why do men commit suicide four times as often as women?

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟61,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Only 7% of the people in prison are female, so it goes beyond just shootings. BOP Statistics: Inmate Gender I saw one study that tried to answer why women commit less crimes and it suggested because heart rates are different. Hopefully, research has gotten better answers than that to this interesting topic.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only 7% of the people in prison are female, so it goes beyond just shootings. BOP Statistics: Inmate Gender
The feminists of the 1980s and 90s liked to drag out those type stats to prove they needed to find a way to reproduce without men and then kill off all male humans.

To the OP: You need a current news link in your OP.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The one thing that connects all these shootings is that the killer was male.

That may be incorrect. I think you would have to be FBI to know what connects these shootings, not a vague generalized stereotype of gender. But to answer your OP, perhaps less violence and hate in their raising. Media probably plays a role in that, ever seen the movie "wanted", it portrays killing as an assassin as a good thing. So maybe less intelligent people think they have an audience that cheers them on when they shoot people. We do find bullying plays a role in school shootings, so then perhaps bullying is applied in their raising by parents or siblings? Just some things to think about.

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Only 7% of the people in prison are female, so it goes beyond just shootings. BOP Statistics: Inmate Gender I saw one study that tried to answer why women commit less crimes and it suggested because heart rates are different. Hopefully, research has gotten better answers than that to this interesting topic.

Part of those figures is that, for the same crime, women are much less likely to be sent to jail. For arrests, 27% are female.

The nature of crime also varies. Men are more likely to commit murder (and more likely to be the victim). For embezzlement, it's basically 50-50.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What? Some of those shooters are women?

Well there are plenty of men out there, in fact the majority of men, don't shoot anyone. So I think the Feds would differ in that opinion. It's a small percentage of the overall male population that actually shoot people to death. I think perhaps it's psychology that links them, not the fact that they're male. The psychology of men is a very different dynamic than women, and perhaps that's where the link is? Just something to think about instead of suggesting males are dangerous by nature.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Male hormones increase heart rate. I think female hormones might drop heart rates.
Edit: It may stabilize heart rates. But I only found one source on that.

• Informative
Reactions: devin553344
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Despair is also a factor. Many of those shooters are not intending or expecting to survive.

Yeah I find that soooooo true. We have homeless people in our neighborhood, and their near death all the time, last night at around midnight one was outside my door screaming hellfire and bloody murder curses at someone, like they were going to kill them. I think that's why Obama pushed mental health care and intervention a lot. Perhaps that's what the feds find that links these crimes. There has been other political motivation to push health care and intervention. It's just wise I think.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

James Chairs4U

Jan 10, 2019
Madison
✟13,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Us had additional mass shootings over the past few days. Three innocent people were shot and killed in State College, Pennsylvania; a forth remains in the hospital. That shooter later killed himself. Five women were gunned down in a Florida bank; that shooter is in police custody. The most recent in Louisiana resulted in five deaths; that shooter is still at large.

What is wrong here? What are we teaching (or not teaching) our sons that we are apparently teaching (or not teaching) our daughters? More importantly, how do we stop this?

At least two of these shootings involved girlfriends/ex-girlfriends. Again, what are we teaching our young men that apparently makes them think that they have an ownership interest in their girlfriend/ex-girlfriend?

I would ask why we make guns, particularly semi-automatic guns, so readily available in our nation but I know where those discussions go, so please keep away from that issue.

Hello, I agree with the question What is wrong here? There is no empathy no one cares about the other person other then putting them down, that's easy to do, not too many people willing to struggle in doing the right thing by helping others rather then shooting them.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that's why Obama pushed mental health care and intervention a lot.

Mental health issues are a big factor. True, one does not want a mentally ill person walking around with a gun, but one also does not want a mentally ill person walking around without treatment.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Female hormones promote social bonding. Not so with males.

Upvote 0