SamsungUser

Jul 7, 2016
UK
✟15,228.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hi. Since 6th june i am having on and off insomnia. I dont think i have done something wrong against God now. Since april i started to have strong faitj and to believe and read the bible and pray.
But since june 6th i am having insomnia.. i didnt sleep last night at all. Is God punishing me for something. I have repented for all my sins..

I am scared of dying and what scares me mostly is that i am afraid what if Jesus says me. I dont know you away from me you evildoer

Last edited:
Reactions: DavetheSlave

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
*Hugs* I've been afflicted with insomnia for years, and I know how frustrating and distressing it is to desperately yearn for sleep and not be able drift into it. Mine is primarily due to endocrine disorders I have and the way the medications I must take affect me. I do not believe God is punishing either of us. A friend recommended an alternative to the old "counting sleep" method of trying to keep your mind occupied on something that isn't stimulating when you're wanting it to wind down and sleep. She said to envision wrapping up each of your troubles and worries and handing them to God.

Did your struggles with sleeplessness coincide with any changes to your daily schedule, such as starting summer holidays?
It's common for teens to get their sleep routines out of whack during the summer when they don't have the same wakeup hours. Heat can also be a factor. If your bedroom has been warm that could be making it harder for you to sleep.

Here are a few suggestions of things that helped me:

- Keeping to a routine. Even if you cannot go to bed at a decent hour, try to wake up at the same time every morning so that your body has a steady circadian rhythm. I'll sleep with drapes partially open so sunlight will slip in and help to wake me in a natural way if I've gone to bed late. It's also helpful to me if I have other habits, like getting my things ready for the next day in advance, and winding down through reading a book. I will get online sometimes when I can't sleep, but it's probably the worst thing you can because it is too engaging.

- Keep your room cool and reasonably clutter free. A fan can help both to cool things down and to provide white noise to block out other sounds.

- Exercise daily, but not too close to bedtime. If you're not already doing so try working out and see if that helps. I go for a run every morning to help me wake up and get some sunlight on my skin. Your eyes absorb the light and the pineal gland in your brain which regulates melatonin is stimulated by it.

- Over the counter, non-habit forming sleep aids like Unisom and Simply Sleep have been helpful for me.

I hope you can get some quality, peaceful sleep soon.

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i didnt sleep last night at all. Is God punishing me for something. I have repented for all my sins..

I am scared of dying and what scares me mostly is that i am afraid what if Jesus says me. I dont know you away from me you evildoer
God is not punishing you! If you repented, then He forgave you. I don't know how you conceive God, however He is generally portrayed as a father and creator. Punishing one of his children with insomnia without any reasons, it is very likely not a godly behaviour. As Ella said, look rather in your everyday life something that blocked. Stress is very often the main reason for such troubles. Go to a doctor if you need it, he could help you if it is serious.

When it comes to death. Let's be philosophical. We don't really know what comes next : and what? If there is nothing, then we will not even realize it. It would not be painful or anything. If it is Heaven, then I cannot see how we can complain :p Growing up is accepting your mortality and that you cannot control anything. Choose a goal, an ambition for your life and try to fulfill it. Rather than fearing death, blossom yourself in life and be curious of anything. There is so much to see and discover here!

Upvote 0

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Insomnia is awful. I'm sorry you're going through that. I think @thehehe and @Stanfordella have given excellent advice. I don't have anything to add but I'll pray for you to be able to get some sleep.

Upvote 0

DavetheSlave

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2016
Idaho USA
✟46,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have suffered from chronic insomnia for over twenty years. You are not alone--hang in there. Be assured that millions of people have trouble sleeping (explaining the prevalence of sleep-aid ads). Many times I have felt abandoned by God in wakeful nights. I now know it wasn't so. Tests and trials befall us all.
First : have you seen a doctor for this? Please do so as soon as possible. Some health conditions (many easily remedied) can cause sleep disturbance. Don't try to suffer it out ( sleep deprivation is used to torture people, it's that debilitating, and the effect is cumulative). It could be that your rhythm is off, and may need a little bump to get back on. I discovered I was hypothyroid and bipolar. I now take medication and sleep like a baby. I still have bad nights, but they're the exception. Please get some help immediately.
I have a soft spot for people who can't sleep. Ive lost plenty of it myself.

Upvote 0