Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God told the Hebrews not to eat any animal without a split hoof and chews a cud IIRC. I am not Hebrew.

Peter’s Vision
(Leviticus 11:1–47; Deuteronomy 14:1–21)

9The next day at about the sixth hour,c as the men were approaching the city on their journey, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, but while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven open and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals and reptiles of the earth, as well as birds of the air. 13Then a voice said to him: “Get up, Peter, kill and eat!” 14“No, Lord!” Peter answered. “I have never eaten anything impured or unclean.” 15The voice spoke to him a second time: “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.” 16This happened three times, and all at once the sheet was taken back up into heaven.
Acts 10:9-16
Firstly, He didn't say that to the Hebrews, but to the Hebrew Israelites--not all Hebrews are Israelite, but all Israelites are Hebrew.

Secondly, what you've posted as evidence, is only cited in part and in contradiction to the actual events, for the vision was not about food, but people, as Peter himself says only a few verses later. (Your interpretation by partial citation, has been debunked on this thread, exhaustively.)

Thirdly, salvation is of the Jews, who, of course, are Israelite, and, of course, are Hebrew:

"For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written. For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision. Therefore if the uncircumcision keep the righteousness of the law, shall not his uncircumcision be counted for circumcision? And shall not uncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfil the law, judge thee, who by the letter and circumcision dost transgress the law? For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: but he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." --Romans 2:24-29

Perhaps it's time to abandon levity concerning things that are heavy:

"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews." --John 4:22

I hope you take the time to understand.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you mean "did". They are categorized as "mosaic" laws for reason, did you really not know that?
I mean specifically what I said. (I can't imagine why you would immediately attempt to alter such a simple statement...)

Yes, I know that they are referred to--not categorized--as the law of Moses; and, unlike you, I know the reason: it is because they are the laws of God given through Moses for Israel to the world.

Did you not know, that God also gave laws to Adam, and Noah, and Abraham?

We don't refer to these as the laws of Adam, nor the laws of Noah, nor even the laws of Abraham, but the laws of God; for none are of Adam, nor Noah, nor Abraham, but God's, solely.

Did you not know that?

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

PS: I don't think it would be reasonable to require more than that, for both books are quite extensive, and in my opinion, either one, by itself, should suffice; but for the abundance of caution, I thought it best to mention both.

Enjoy!

Happy Reading!

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The books of Leviticus and Deuteronomy.

PS: I don't think it would be reasonable to require more than that, for both books are quite extensive, and in my opinion, either one, by itself, should suffice; but for the abundance of caution, I thought it best to mention both.

Enjoy!

Happy Reading!

You are now evading showing me exactly where that is stated. If you were wrong, just say so, and that will be it, otherwise, and again, show me.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are now evading showing me exactly where that is stated. If you were wrong, just say so, and that will be it, otherwise, and again, show me.
Your refusal to read those books is not equal to me being wrong about anything--your allegation strikes me as insane!

Since you refuse to read those books, that are found in any bible, I will here post from a third, in the hope of perhaps opening your eyes to what is overabundantly clear and ubiquitous, throughout most of the scriptures:

And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." --Numbers 15:27-31

The above commands are embodied in a simple statement through James, by the Holy Ghost:

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." --James 4:17

I strongly recommend you read Leviticus and Deuteronomy also, for yourself, along with Numbers; and that you cease from demanding that other's do it for you. Above that, I recommend you first start at the gospel of Mark, and imitate Christ, the King of the Jews, Who is the standard for all examples.

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Your refusal to read those books is not equal to me being wrong about anything--your allegation strikes me as insane!

Since you refuse to read those books, that are found in any bible, I will here post from a third, in the hope of perhaps opening your eyes to what is overabundantly clear and ubiquitous, throughout most of the scriptures:

And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." --Numbers 15:27-31

The above commands are embodied in a simple statement through James, by the Holy Ghost:

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." --James 4:17

I strongly recommend you read Leviticus and Deuteronomy also, for yourself, along with Numbers; and that you cease from demanding that other's do it for you. Above that, I recommend you first start at the gospel of Mark, and imitate Christ, the King of the Jews, Who is the standard for all examples.

Out of curiosity, do you cut the corners of your hair?

Upvote 0

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
My goodness! I am amazed at your ignorance of animal biology. Pigs, like all other animals except humans, do not have sweat glands in their hides and when they get hot they seek ways of cooling off, including taking a dip in the nearest water source. Cattle also do it and have no compunction about peeing or pooping in the pond. Wild pigs, aka boars, are quite clean and gravitate toward acorns as their preferred food source. As a result, they are quite delicious.

Interestingly, God did not condemn pigs as unclean because of their personal hygiene or dietary habits (they are vegetarians, but do not chew the cud). They are condemned because of their foot structure and the fact that they lack the four stomachs of the cow. I have yet to see any anti-pork person present any "scientific" argument as to why eating an animal with cloven hooves like a pig or which lacks the four stomachs of a cow is dangerous for human consumption.

You do realize it's common knowledge that a pig wallows in the mud to keep cool. Pigs wallow in mud, which contains their own waste. Ever driven by a pig farm? You smell it long before you see it.

Hooves and stomachs (or lack thereof) don't make an animal unclean, it's their eating habits, which begets parasites. You can keep a pig isolated and reduce its parasitic infection greatly, but not eliminate it completely, as current data shows.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Of course I sin (I John 1) and I confess my sin and am forgiven. Without grace that would be utterly impossible.

So you DO break laws (sin is the transgression of the law) and that is why you need grace...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You do realize it's common knowledge that a pig wallows in the mud to keep cool. Pigs wallow in mud, which contains their own waste. Ever driven by a pig farm? You smell it long before you see it.

Hooves and stomachs (or lack thereof) don't make an animal unclean, it's their eating habits, which begets parasites.

Assuming that is true, why did God reject pigs because of their hooves and lack of cud chewing? There is no mention whatsoever about wallowing or the diet of the pigs as a reason for rejection. Those are your personal reasons, not God's.

Wild boars certainly are not any dirtier than any other wild animal (i.e. they don't wallow in mud). Elephants, however, do wallow in mud. Interestingly, elephants are not cited as unclean, nor are any ungulates and birds such as peacocks (also really tasty).

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I did see it.

It suffers from the same logic I first responded to, save only that you're now equating pork itself with rebellion in your argument...

My response, therefore, remains the same, word for word.

--I cannot realize anything for you: realization can only come from you, thus, I cannot continue with you, until, for yourself, you do realize, that NOTHING entering a man can make him unclean, save that which comes out of a man, namely, in this case, rebellion. --Realize, if God says don't, but you do, then you've made yourself unclean: this is applicable to EVERYTHING.
Well, it sounds similar to me as saying that guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

If eating pork is always rebellion against God, and rebellion makes a person unclean, then pork is, in practice, something that can come into your body from the outside and make you unclean.

I remember seeing a cartoon from The New Yorker one time. Two men are standing looking at a crumpled body on the ground, its arms still inserted into some man-made wings with bits of melted wax dripping from them.
One man says to the other, "Well, technically, he flew too close to the ground."

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟370,327.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well, it sounds similar to me as saying that guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

If eating pork is always rebellion against God, and rebellion makes a person unclean, then pork is, in practice, something that can come into your body from the outside and make you unclean.

I remember seeing a cartoon from The New Yorker one time. Two men are standing looking at a crumpled body on the ground, its arms still inserted into some man-made wings with bits of melted wax dripping from them.
One man says to the other, "Well, technically, he flew too close to the ground."

This reminds me of my mother's legal cause of death. My mother was 91 and simply died of old age, as we used to say. However, that is quite insufficient for death certificates. Her cause of death was "failure to thrive". My brother, who is a funeral director, insisted that I send him a copy of the death certificate.

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freth

Site Supporter
Jul 11, 2020
Midwest, USA
✟381,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Assuming that is true, why did God reject pigs because of their hooves and lack of cud chewing? There is no mention whatsoever about wallowing or the diet of the pigs as a reason for rejection. Those are your personal reasons, not God's.

Wild boars certainly are not any dirtier than any other wild animal (i.e. they don't wallow in mud). Elephants, however, do wallow in mud. Interestingly, elephants are not cited as unclean, nor are any ungulates and birds such as peacocks (also really tasty).

A simple search proves that eating habits infect pigs. Hygiene is also a factor.

• Don't feed uncooked waste products, table scraps or animal carcasses to pigs. This is particularly important in the case of carcasses from hunted or trapped wildlife.
  • Eliminate or minimize exposure of pigs to live wildlife. In particular, create barriers which are effective in separating pigs from skunks, raccoons and other small mammals.
  • Implement and maintain an effective rodent control program. Bio security, maintaining perimeters, baiting and trapping are all part of rodent control.
  • Maintain good hygiene. Remove dead pigs as soon as they are found. Keep barns free from clutter to reduce havens for rodents and store feed securely to prevent rodent access.

• Pigs can pick up trichinella parasites in a limited number of ways. The principal risk factors include feeding raw waste products or animal remains,and exposure to infected rodents or wildlife. The next potential transmission risk is rodents –particularly rats. Rodents can pick up infection from landfills, carrion or even dead pigs. When rat populations are in close contact with pigs it is possible that either live or dead rats will be caught and eaten. If the rat happens to be infected, then trichinae infection will occur. Rodents can present a risk in both indoor and pasture-based systems. It might even be possible that a poorly-run indoor unit has a greater rodent problem than a well-run pastured system simply because of the possibility of a greater number of havens for rodents in an indoor system.The third potential risk is exposure to infected wildlife. Pigs which have free access to foraging areas outdoors could potentially encounter wild animal carcasses, such as raccoons, skunks and opossums, which have been shown to have high prevalence rates for trichinae. This is not a risk factor for well-managed indoor units and is the only possible extra risk for pastured hogs. This does assume that the pastured operation includes areas of land where small dead mammals might be found by hogs.
And I rest my case.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Oh, this is a supposition. Lol, And how unreasonable is it to expect me to not only read two books of the bible for one simple answer, but to expect me to read the same far fetched conclusion into what I read.

So, IOW, you got nothing to back up your claim.

Death? Hilarious, and very untruthful of you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

God didn't reject pigs! Animals that qualify as unclean, do so, not by being dirty, but by the criteria God prescribed:

The physical cleanliness of the animal has nothing to do with whether or not it qualifies as unclean. --c'mon folks, only the word of God can determine whether something is clean or unclean, and He's never talking about dirt here.

Moreover, elephants do qualify as unclean...

--IS ANYONE ACTUALLY READING THE BOOK OF LEVITICUS?!!

C'mon, people!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.