USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Either that, or you are. Or those you listen to are. But my guess is that you don't listen to anyone else but yourself.

Shouldn't just pull out small lines to quote without including what the subject was about. Doing that shows lack of trustfulness.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Shouldn't just pull out small lines to quote without including what the subject was about. Doing that shows lack of trustfulness.

Okay.

Wrong. Christ's chosen Apostles, along with the OT prophets, represented the early 'foundation' of Christ's Church; that per Apostle Paul here...

Eph 2:19-20
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;

KJV

Why would Apostle Paul say that about Lord Jesus' chosen 12 Apostles? Because of this...

1 Cor 12:27-28
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
KJV

That's not about some later apostolic idea after Antioch when the label Christian was first used per Acts 11, that's about Christ's chosen 12 Apostles He chose in the beginning. In John 17, Jesus declares His Apostles with Him at the first that they were 'sent' into the world, that they originally belonged to The Father and The Father gave them to Jesus!

Christians? The Apostles represented the early foundation... of Christ's Church, and per Acts 11 they were active with Antioch too.

You cannot use that, since Paul showed the place the Apostles had in Christ's Church in the beginning. You should read that Ephesians 2:19-20 and 1 Cor.12:27-28 Scripture over and over until you understand it. Then study John 17.

John wrote that to believers on Christ, not non-believers. Those you listen to and heed can say it wasn't all they want, but they show they are going against that 1 John 1 Chapter.

One of the ways the hirelings tries to get around a Scripture's Message is by being 'selective' with pulling out verses, and then applying what they want the verse to mean, which is all you did.

Here's the rest... of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say:

1 John 1:4-10
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

That whose joy may be full? That's not what a believer says to a non-Christian. It's what brethren leaders (like Apostle John) say to other believing brethren (2 Corinthians 1:24; Philippians 1:25; 2 John 12).

5 This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

And the Message to those from John: If WHO says they have fellowship with Him, but walk in darkness and do not the truth??? Would the non-believer say they have fellowship with Christ??? No, of course not! But the 'believer' would say that. This is so simple that John is speaking to believers on Christ Jesus.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
KJV

That obviously is a Message to brethren in Christ Jesus, not the unbelieving. It is utter ignorance to think otherwise.

Either that, or you are. Or those you listen to are. But my guess is that you don't listen to anyone else but yourself.

Better?

• Agree
Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Okay.

Better?

You must enjoy God's rebuke, because you're not really mocking me with what I showed about 1 John 1.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wrong. Christ's chosen Apostles, along with the OT prophets, represented the early 'foundation' of Christ's Church; that per Apostle Paul here...

Eph 2:19-20
19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone;

KJV

Why would Apostle Paul say that about Lord Jesus' chosen 12 Apostles? Because of this...

1 Cor 12:27-28
27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

28 And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.
KJV

That's not about some later apostolic idea after Antioch when the label Christian was first used per Acts 11, that's about Christ's chosen 12 Apostles He chose in the beginning. In John 17, Jesus declares His Apostles with Him at the first that they were 'sent' into the world, that they originally belonged to The Father and The Father gave them to Jesus!

Christians? The Apostles represented the early foundation... of Christ's Church, and per Acts 11 they were active with Antioch too.

You cannot use that, since Paul showed the place the Apostles had in Christ's Church in the beginning. You should read that Ephesians 2:19-20 and 1 Cor.12:27-28 Scripture over and over until you understand it. Then study John 17.

John wrote that to believers on Christ, not non-believers. Those you listen to and heed can say it wasn't all they want, but they show they are going against that 1 John 1 Chapter.

One of the ways the hirelings tries to get around a Scripture's Message is by being 'selective' with pulling out verses, and then applying what they want the verse to mean, which is all you did.

Here's the rest... of the story, as Paul Harvey used to say:

1 John 1:4-10
4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

That whose joy may be full? That's not what a believer says to a non-Christian. It's what brethren leaders (like Apostle John) say to other believing brethren (2 Corinthians 1:24; Philippians 1:25; 2 John 12).

5 This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all.
6 If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

And the Message to those from John: If WHO says they have fellowship with Him, but walk in darkness and do not the truth??? Would the non-believer say they have fellowship with Christ??? No, of course not! But the 'believer' would say that. This is so simple that John is speaking to believers on Christ Jesus.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
KJV

That obviously is a Message to brethren in Christ Jesus, not the unbelieving. It is utter ignorance to think otherwise.

Your position is one that I totally disagree with. I suggest that you prayerfully read the Bible and understand what it actually says, not what you want it to say. Can you spell "eisegesis"?

• Winner
Reactions: Ceallaigh
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟607,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You must enjoy God's rebuke, because you're not really mocking me with what I showed about 1 John 1.

I replied to what you yourself by yourself said, which I underlined.

Are you resorting the "you're not speaking against me, you're speaking against God" routine? I know someone who takes that a step further and accuses others of blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

He has very interesting personal interpretations of what the Bible says. Which he says comes right from the HS, so speaking against what he writes is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

This is him in case you think I'm making that up https://groups.google.com/g/sci.med.cardiology/c/4tIJn_I167w

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟778,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
ADMIN HAT ON

This thread is permanently closed. Please refrain from calling other members ignorant, liars, goading with scripture and generally being rude. We are all Christians in this forum - let's act like it. We can disagree while also being kind.

ADMIN HAT OFF

• Winner
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.