fulton
✟15,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
It clearly states in Deuteronomy 14:8 that we’re not to eat pork. In fact, Deuteronomy and Leviticus clearly state a lot of things that we don’t adhere to.

13:6 through18: We’re instructed to kill without mercy -even your own family members- anyone who tries to convince you to worship other gods.

17:2 through 13: Kill anyone who does evil-such as worshipping the stars- and violates the covenant. And if you’re not sure if the party is guilty, take it to court and if the Judge finds the party guilty and you refuse take part in stoning the defendant to death, then you should be killed too.

21:18: Kill your own son if he is rebellious.

Thou shalt not kill, but Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Exodus is full of examples like this where we are to kill people for sinning. What about “as we forgive those who trespass against us”? I seem to have made executing people the theme here, but there are instructions/laws on other topics as well that we don’t follow, I’m assuming because they just don’t seem consistent with our faith.

So why is it OK to have a pork Bratwurst at the church fundraising event these days when God clearly forbids it?

You could argue that things were different back then and don’t apply today. But that would nullify the Ten Commandments. These laws I’m referring to were issued on the same day. They just didn’t make the top ten list.

• Prayers
Reactions: DragonFox91

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟214,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
A lot of the Law is designed to separate Israel from other nations. If you're thinking it's telling everyone how to live sinless, or it's all designed to be some moral enlightenment, that's not what it is. It's designed to help get the Israelite's focusing on the things that are right, which is worshipping God.

That's one of the reasons the Old Covenant is no more: now Jesus is the focus, not the Law. Jesus gets us focusing on God.

The killing in the OT is justified when God commands it. It helps serve a purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
And He said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)
— Mark 7:18-19

Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello HBAT sir, would love to share with you this from Mark Chapter 7.

1 The Pharisees and some of the teachers of the law who had come from Jerusalem gathered around Jesus

2 and saw some of his disciples eating food with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.

3 (The Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they give their hands a ceremonial washing, holding to the tradition of the elders.

4 When they come from the marketplace they do not eat unless they wash. And they observe many other traditions, such as the washing of cups, pitchers and kettles.)

5 So the Pharisees and teachers of the law asked Jesus, “Why don’t your disciples live according to the tradition of the elders instead of eating their food with defiled hands?”

6 He replied, “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written:

“‘These people honor me with their lips,
but their hearts are far from me.
7 They worship me in vain;
their teachings are merely human rules.’

8 You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions.”

9 And he continued, “You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe your own traditions!

10 For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and mother,’ and, ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’

11 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is Corban (that is, devoted to God)—

12 then you no longer let them do anything for their father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that.”

14 Again Jesus called the crowd to him and said, “Listen to me, everyone, and understand this. 15 Nothing outside a person can defile them by going into them. Rather, it is what comes out of a person that defiles them.” [16]

17 After he had left the crowd and entered the house, his disciples asked him about this parable. 18 “Are you so dull?” he asked. “Don’t you see that nothing that enters a person from the outside can defile them? 19 For it doesn’t go into their heart but into their stomach, and then out of the body.” (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)

20 He went on: “What comes out of a person is what defiles them. 21 For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come—sexual immorality, theft, murder, 22 adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. 23 All these evils come from inside and defile a person.”

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It clearly states in Deuteronomy 14:8 that we’re not to eat pork. In fact, Deuteronomy and Leviticus clearly state a lot of things that we don’t adhere to.

13:6 through18: We’re instructed to kill without mercy -even your own family members- anyone who tries to convince you to worship other gods.

17:2 through 13: Kill anyone who does evil-such as worshipping the stars- and violates the covenant. And if you’re not sure if the party is guilty, take it to court and if the Judge finds the party guilty and you refuse take part in stoning the defendant to death, then you should be killed too.

21:18: Kill your own son if he is rebellious.

Thou shalt not kill, but Deuteronomy, Leviticus, and Exodus is full of examples like this where we are to kill people for sinning. What about “as we forgive those who trespass against us”? I seem to have made executing people the theme here, but there are instructions/laws on other topics as well that we don’t follow, I’m assuming because they just don’t seem consistent with our faith.

So why is it OK to have a pork Bratwurst at the church fundraising event these days when God clearly forbids it?

You could argue that things were different back then and don’t apply today. But that would nullify the Ten Commandments. These laws I’m referring to were issued on the same day. They just didn’t make the top ten list.
God knows what is best for us since He is our Creator. There is science that supports why the clean foods are healthy vs the ones we shouldn’t eat. God actually intended for us to only eat nuts, fruits and vegetables until sin.

Here is a video on this topic if you want some good information.

Program Archives | Revelation Now

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
And He said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.)
— Mark 7:18-19
So Jesus wants us to eat Bats, which is how Covid started? Bats are on the unclean list in the Bible. No father tells us you can eat anything you want and its okay. Have a gallon of ice cream before breakfast as long as you pray before. That is not what this verse means.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,005,174.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
No, I am working on it. I only eat the clean meats though. Many members of our church are vegan though.

That's still better than I could ever do. I have no want for being vegan, but I couldn't do it anyway because I am a frequent blood donor.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟478,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's still better than I could ever do. I have no want for being vegan, but I couldn't do it anyway because I am a frequent blood donor.
A lot of members at our church say they feel a million times better after they stopped eating clean meats and went vegan. It definitely weighs on my soul, mainly because so many animals we eat are treated so poorly. I can't wait until this is no longer an option and nothing will die.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So Jesus wants us to eat Bats, which is how Covid started? Bats are on the unclean list in the Bible. No father tells us you can eat anything you want and its okay. Have a gallon of ice cream before breakfast as long as you pray before. This is not what this verse means.

Imge, I agree with you it is a good thing to watch out for what you eat. To be health conscientious will help with the chance of living longer.

God can give us discernment with that, also the spirit that allows us to have self-control for the most part.

I use to just about eat unhealthy every day, ice cream, soda all the time, never brush my teeth ya ya.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hanging by a Thread

Jan 31, 2021
fulton
✟15,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
A lot of the Law is designed to separate Israel from other nations. If you're thinking it's telling everyone how to live sinless, or it's all designed to be some moral enlightenment, that's not what it is. It's designed to help get the Israelite's focusing on the things that are right, which is worshipping God.
Sez who?

That's one of the reasons the Old Covenant is no more: now Jesus is the focus, not the Law. Jesus gets us focusing on God.
So the ten commandments are no more?

• Agree
Reactions: 1an
Upvote 0

mlepfitjw

May you be blessed!
Jun 23, 2020
Alabama
✟44,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What is your favorite type of meat? Mikha'el?

I hardly eat meat but sometimes if the work place offers it at lunch time. My food that have been eating on every day involves, eggs, bread, potato for breakfast, fruit in the afternoon ( banana, orange, grapes, strawberries ), and like I said maybe mashed potatoes, fries, some type of meat at lunch time. Then snack on vanilla wayfarers, or animal crackers until bed or make a plate of breakfast again.

:p

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So Jesus wants us to eat Bats, which is how Covid started? Bats are on the unclean list in the Bible. No father tells us you can eat anything you want and its okay. Have a gallon of ice cream before breakfast as long as you pray before. This is not what this verse means.
That’s a bit of a stretch from what was posted.

• Haha
Reactions: mlepfitjw
Upvote 0

Hanging by a Thread

Jan 31, 2021
fulton
✟15,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The question remains. If you know it's forbidden in Scripture, why are you doing it anyway?
I guess for the same reason I don't go around killing people who don't worship the same God as me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.