• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry to hear that happened.
it is very difficult when God does not heal us. I used to pray at night as a child for God to heal me but would wake each morning and I was not healed. I am not sure why God heals some people in this life and does not heal others, but I know God loves you very much, and that He has great compassion for what you are going through. He will never leave you nor forsake you. He will give you His grace to help you each day, His mercies are new every morning for you.
Are you able to tell the doctor about the pain in your back? maybe there is something that can be done to help with this?
I said a prayer for you.
Now I don't need to go to the doctor. I sleep comfortably on the bed. at night

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Life has trials as you know. Problems that annoy us. Jesus told us there would be trials, and tribulations, that we all have to go through in life. He is teaching us patience and while we are learning he wants us to learn joy in trials and pleasure in affliction. Keep your sense of humor. Read your Bible. It is A number one defense against depression. We all have something to fight. Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might’, fight you depression and win to feel better every day. Don’t be a victim of it, keep trying, keep praying. The Lord will help you overcome because He has already overcome the world.

Upvote 0

light4

Sep 13, 2023
Harare
✟8,722.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. Siddhi
I'm sorry to hear about the challenģes you are going through. For depression I would recommend that you look for a youtube video with an interview of Niel Nedley on depression. Just google 'Niel Nedley depression' and watch the related videos that come up. Dr Nedly is a medical doctor who came out in the news because he runs a 10 day depression recovery program and nearly 100% of his patients recover from depression and almost none relapse.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sitting on a wheel chair hurts my back .
1f9d1-1f9bd.png
how did it happen that you saw the holy spirit ...

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Repentance
how did it happen that you saw the holy spirit ...
I felt remorse and a bit of joy.Everyone wants to tell the truth. But it doesn't happen.That the Holy Spirit appeared, I only became a Christian

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,144.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Repentance

I felt remorse and a bit of joy.Everyone wants to tell the truth. But it doesn't happen.That the Holy Spirit appeared, I only became a Christian
to repent is to turn back ... and it is God having scattered us abroad who calls us back in to where we came out from ... the word/son that departed His mouth is us ... Jesus our brother being the pattern son who by example shows us the way back ...

you have truly beautiful eyes Siddhi, do you know what Jesus meant when he said "keep your eye single"

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,013,150.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Any church that asks for money to heal etc is not from God.

My advice is to get properly baptised by finding the right Christian church.

Read scripture. Pray and try and find a 'real' priest to help guide you.

Anxiety, depression. I have suffered these for over 20 years!

Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Any church that asks for money to heal etc is not from God.

My advice is to get properly baptised by finding the right Christian church.

Read scripture. Pray and try and find a 'real' priest to help guide you.

Anxiety, depression. I have suffered these for over 20 years!
Yes️✝️

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi. Siddhi
I'm sorry to hear about the challenģes you are going through. For depression I would recommend that you look for a youtube video with an interview of Niel Nedley on depression. Just google 'Niel Nedley depression' and watch the related videos that come up. Dr Nedly is a medical doctor who came out in the news because he runs a 10 day depression recovery program and nearly 100% of his patients recover from depression and almost none relapse.
No need now because I went to a psychiatrist but went to a doctor and prescribe medicines and pills.

Upvote 0

light4

Sep 13, 2023
Harare
✟8,722.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No need now because I went to a psychiatrist but went to a doctor and prescribe medicines and pills.
The course from Niel Nedley helps people to reduce the amount of medication they take and some recover and dont have to take medication any more.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I am praying that the Lord brings you a better wheelchair with more back and rear support. Depending on your condition, you may be able to do some exercises to relieve the pain.

For example, if you're lying in bed, roll over onto your belly and slowly push your front half up with your arms until you are resting on your elbows. If that doesn't hurt, push all the way up slowly until your chest is 90 degrees to the floor. You may also try moving your body forward in the chair and extending your back backwards towards the seat without moving your rear. Look up at the ceiling and put your hands on your waist. This will helpfully provide some relief for your atrophied and overworked back muscles.

If either of those exercises hurt, stop them and seek medical attention. I pray that the Lord would guide you to a good doctor that your family can afford who understands your condition and can provide proper treatment.

Another option is to make or acquire a back pillow. These are round pillows, made of foam, that you can strap to the back of the chair to help support your back. A back brace could be helpful for you as well.

-------------------------------------------------------

As for your depression, I think it is because you look around you and you see no way forward, no way to live on. The fact that you are sitting in a wheelchair has closed a lot of doors for you. You feel that you have no options. Well, options can be a burden. You're down to two paths. First is the path of getting yourself to a doctor. It doesn't seem like you know why you can't walk. Perhaps if you were taken to a doctor, they could help you.

The second path is learning to live on your own as you are. You will likely have to do both. If you need money to pay for the doctor, you will likely have to earn it. It is good that you are reaching out for knowledge here, that is a good first step.

What happens when you get up and try to walk?

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I will fall down and have no support. I go to the bathroom and toilet alone.:(
Can you feel your legs or move them otherwise, when you are sitting or lying in bed?

If so, this problem is likely very solvable with standard therapy and medical attention.

Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can you feel your legs or move them otherwise, when you are sitting or lying in bed?

If so, this problem is likely very solvable with standard therapy and medical attention.
in past Physiotherapy people are killing me abuse me.

Went to psychiatrist and doctor gave me 3 pills.

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
in past Physiotherapy people are killing me abuse me.

Went to psychiatrist and doctor gave me 3 pills.
Either of those things may explain your depression. Is there any hope for getting a different physiotherapist who listens to you and treats you more kindly? Abuse can make anyone feel worthless.

Medications can also cause depression as well.

Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Either of those things may explain your depression. Is there any hope for getting a different physiotherapist who listens to you and treats you more kindly? Abuse can make anyone feel worthless.

Medications can also cause depression as well.
yes:)

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Then I would suggest trying to find a new physiotherapist, and also find another psychiatrist to get you a second opinion on those medications that you’re taking. Stopping those pills (if you are actually taking them) could be dangerous, so please do so under the supervision of a doctor.

Upvote 0