• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Then I would suggest trying to find a new physiotherapist, and also find another psychiatrist to get you a second opinion on those medications that you’re taking. Stopping those pills (if you are actually taking them) could be dangerous, so please do so under the supervision of a doctor.
The pill given by the psychiatrist cannot be discontinued
Because I feel better with that pill.

Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟203,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The pill given by the psychiatrist cannot be discontinued
Because I feel better with that pill.
That’s okay. Just try to remember that, in the eyes of Jesus you are fearfully and wonderfully made. You do not deserve to be abused by physiotherapists, and you deserve to be helped and treated by them.

Do not listen to the lies these bad physiotherapists have told you, if any. You are not deficient and you deserve to be listened to and treated with respect.

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No need now because I went to a psychiatrist but went to a doctor and prescribe medicines and pills.
Are you able to see a psychologist? Talking therapies can be very helpful for some people. Medication is not always the answer. I’m sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I will pray for you.

• Friendly
Reactions: Siddhi Koli
Upvote 0

Siddhi Koli

Sep 25, 2022
Navi Mumbai
✟50,832.00
Country
India
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Are you able to see a psychologist? Talking therapies can be very helpful for some people. Medication is not always the answer. I’m sorry to hear you are feeling this way. I will pray for you.
No need now. Thanks.
Who will take me to a psychologist?:wave:

Upvote 0

Sunflower39

Anglican
Aug 23, 2023
UK
✟22,287.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
tries to help people handle their mental health issue's' ... not having a go at them, its just our thoughts as in our reasoning must come from somewhere... and i have not found any literature within their feild which speaks this ... cause and effect thing ...
Sometimes our distress is linked to unresolved trauma in our lives and past events that stem right from childhood. A psychologist helps us to identify the causes of our distress, potential triggers and find coping mechanisms to help us deal better with our distress. They use different talking therapies, particularly cognitive behavioural therapy. A lot of people find this helpful and research indicates that people find it just as useful as medication is and a lot of people people see a psychologist for therapy alongside taking medication too. They also look at current social factors in a persons life that might be affecting them. They provide a more holistic approach than a psychiatrist who focuses mainly on the biomedical perspective of mental health such as diagnosis and medication. I have studied this at degree level and know what I’m talking about. I was just trying to suggest alternative forms of help for the original poster. It’s not for everyone, I get that but I was just trying to be helpful.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2020
London
✟107,044.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sometimes our distress is linked to unresolved trauma in our lives and past events that stem right from childhood. A psychologist helps us to identify the causes of our distress, potential triggers and find coping mechanisms to help us deal better with our distress. They use different talking therapies, particularly cognitive behavioural therapy. A lot of people find this helpful and research indicates that people find it just as useful as medication is and a lot of people people see a psychologist for therapy alongside taking medication too. They also look at current social factors in a persons life that might be affecting them. They provide a more holistic approach than a psychiatrist who focuses mainly on the biomedical perspective of mental health such as diagnosis and medication. I have studied this at degree level and know what I’m talking about. I was just trying to suggest alternative forms of help for the original poster. It’s not for everyone, I get that but I was just trying to be helpful.

Dont get me wrong i am not saying psychologist do not provide a valid service, its just that psychology being the study of the relationship of brain function and behavior of which thought, decision and emotion are part of... and yet the study of psychology does not know let alone understand from where thoughts come from and therefor as to how these thoughts in relation to where they come from hold sway over our will and emotions ... now having said this it also is by no means a dig at the profesion for not knowing understanding the bible is the only book which explains this in great detail should one be willing to let it interpret itself ...

i have been facinated and been pondering psychology as in human behaviour and therefor the soul/mind all my life ... i was sent to many a psychologist during my childhood and teens for this very reason as i discovered early we have two minds in us, but it has only been in the past dozen years i have been able to describe this with words ....

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟23,078.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
No need now. My mother took me to a psychiatrist. I didn't say anything, I kept silent. Then went to another doctor who gave me sleeping pills. My back hurts sitting on a wheelchair.

I went to church.

I know and believe that Jesus the son of God healed some people but why am I not healed, some church is a hypocrite, who will pick me up and take me That means the family will not be able to pick me up.and I want salvation so I am sad and depressed.There is good news why the Holy Spirit appeared, He has something to tell me.

I don't judge the church but the Lord will do it on the last day but I found that tabor ashram online and gave them 100 rupees to heal me but the pastor was just talking about the bible:preach: and can't do anything. I was shocked
I was sad

Just because you're not healed don't mean you are a hypocrite or don't have faith. Please don't let anyone tell you that. The Apostle Paul had a thorn in the flesh he prayed to have removed and here's what he said :

1 Corinthians 12:7-10,
And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

2 Timothy 4:20,
Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus have I left at Miletum sick

1 Timothy 5:23,
Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach’s sake and thine often infirmities

And Timothy was a disciple of Paul, so he was being raised up to lead a church, and it says he had often infirmities.

Go strait to Jesus, pray the Father in Jesus name, seek Him and Him alone. Don't let what people tell you negatively cause distress, because the LORD comforts those who are cast down, He lifts them up: He can bring joy to the heart in the midst of trial.

Upvote 0