Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:( I was told that my grandmother had an abortion in the 1920s.
That's sad. The reality is that abortion not only kills a person, but also a potential generation that is to come through that person having children... Hope she found healing turning to God for mercy.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No... Yet it should be penalize to some extent. I disagree with the idea of fully attacking abortion. Yes it is murder, but it is a by product of lust. These are not virgin marys we are dealing with. There is a father on earth that couldn't keep his pants on when he saw the lady.

Let's imagine a world without abortion. We have saved no lives. Imagine a prostitute with 2-3 kids and another one on the way. Imagine the neglect that goes on because "I have clients to attend to." Yes now they have a shot at life before being shot down, but the day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth. We need to attack premarital sex. Not gaze on the destruction it brings.

These thoughtless mothers and fathers are the problem. Fathers will never experience their crowns of joy. Or mothers joy of raising their young. On top of this there is health concerns over abortion for the mother.

You can attack the symptom all you want Willing-Heart. Not going to stop it. I suggest keeping a mind on their perspective. Lost Harlots that need Christ as their savoir.

I am not here advocating to attack the symptom. I am advocating to save the life of unborn babies who are being slaughtered in their millions in their mother's womb. "It may be true that morality cannot be legislated, but behaviour can be regulated. It may be true that the law cannot change the heart, but it can restrain the heartless." -MLK

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Are you differentiating between medically necessary pregnancy terminations and elective abortions?
How many are performed for medical reasons?
Probably 1 to 2% at the most.
But, they keep bringing it up
as if it's a high figure.
M

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Murder is the illegal killing of a human being with malice aforethought. In the US abortion does not meet the definition.

According to God's law, abortion is murder. In Scripture (Exodus 20:13), the six commandment – "Murder not" is specifically directed to murder in cold-blood or killing with passionate rage, or with impunity. The six commandment is specifically directed to taking of life unjustly or unlawfully, reason being that taking life unlawfully and unjustly violates God's sovereignty and robs God of his glory. In Psalm 139:16, David said of the Lord, “Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one them, the days that were appointed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Who are we to decide who gets to live a life that is not ours? God is the one who gives life and He alone can take away life and this is why abortion, euthanasia, infanticide have created a culture of unlawful death of breaking of God's six commandment. And once we legalise a culture of death, there is no stopping.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
According to God's law, abortion is murder. In Scripture (Exodus 20:13), the six commandment – "Murder not" is specifically directed to murder in cold-blood or killing with passionate rage, or with impunity. The six commandment is specifically directed to taking of life unjustly or unlawfully, reason being that taking life unlawfully and unjustly violates God's sovereignty and robs God of his glory. In Psalm 139:16, David said of the Lord, “Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one them, the days that were appointed for me, when as yet there was none of them.” Who are we to decide who gets to live a life that is not ours? God is the one who gives life and He alone can take away life and this is why abortion, euthanasia, infanticide have created a culture of unlawful death of breaking of God's six commandment. And once we legalise a culture of death, there is no stopping.
If you had read my post you would know that I was specifically addressing US law. For the record, I would go back to the old Common Law and allow abortion only until the time of quickening except in cases where the pregnant woman’s life is at risk.

Reactions: Philip_B
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Abortion was made legal because too many women were dying or being severely injured from back alley abortions or were ending up in jail basically ruining their lives. Don’t forget that unwed mother’s were severely abused both emotionally and physically. Women would risk their lives to avoid that sadistic misogynistic behavior that went on for decades and which also involved the abuse of their children. Even divorced women put up with this crap even if they initiated the divorce because of an abusive husband. I’m sorry to say that most churches encouraged these mistreatments

Last edited:
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

DebbieJ

Jun 1, 2020
Italy
✟22,159.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Greens
Make all abortions illegal, except for deformities, chromosomal abnormalities, incest, danger to the mother's life, and etc. If the mother doesn't want the baby, have it adopted. They have 9 months to decide to keep the baby or not. If you get an abortion, that's life imprisonment for both -- the abortionist and you.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Abortion should be safe and legal, but also rare.

Surely there is never a justification for any form of pre-natal homicide, except in the extremely tragic case of ectopic pregnancies and certain other situations where the life of the mother is immediately in danger.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even Some of the Christians on CF want to bring these “good ol days back like the 1940s “ . They weren’t good for women or their children. They were just misogynistic and abusive

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Abortion was made legal because too many women were dying or being severely injured from back alley abortions or were ending up in jail basically ruining their lives. Don’t forget that unwed mother’s were severely abused both emotionally and physically.

The majority of anti-abortion laws throughout history, including those adopted by the first Christian states, including the Kingdom of Edessa, the Kingdom of Armenia, the Roman Empire, the Kingdom of Georgia, and especially the Solomonic Dynasty of the Ethiopian Empire, which viewed itself as a continuation of Israel and which practiced Judaism before largely converting to Christianity, were based on moral outrage over the practice. Indeed even the Roman Pagans regarded abortion as a crime against the gods.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟477,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Even Some of the Christians on CF want to bring these “good ol days back like the 1940s “ . They weren’t good for women or their children. They were just misogynistic and abusive

I don’t know any Christian women vis a vis who support abortion.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don’t know any Christian women vis a vis who support abortion.
well you just met one. I was a teen when Roe vs Wade was fought in the courts and coathanger abortions were “ in style” and pregnant teens were forced to leave school never going back . Happened to a classmate of mine, she was 12 at the time. I bumped into her recently and she said that if abortions had been legal back then she would have gotten one. She told me about hitting her stomach to try to miscarry . She never went to high school. Maybe if you see a woman or girl being forced to be a baby machine you’d have some more understanding of why women have abortions.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well you just met one. I was a teen when Roe vs Wade was fought in the courts and coathanger abortions were “ in style” and pregnant teens were forced to leave school never going back . Happened to a classmate of mine, she was 12 at the time. I bumped into her recently and she said that if abortions had been legal back then she would have gotten one. She told me about hitting her stomach to try to miscarry . She never went to high school. Maybe if you see a woman or girl being forced to be a baby machine you’d have some more understanding of why women have abortions.
I think that is a rather sweeping statement. In this world of sexual emancipation, many young women make choices that wind them pregnant. And choose to use abortion as contraceptive.

Having children is hard, being married is hard work, working is hard. Just coz we'd rather all be at the Bahamas and Disney all year round it does not make it bad to do those difficult things. Indeed the possibility of pregnancy helps many young women and men make good and positive decisions based on engaging in random sexual activity.

I like how you are making assumptions about how women felt in history.

Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I like how you are making assumptions about how women felt in history.

Probably why abortion was legal under the Common Law until quickening. Sir William Blackstone wrote that "Life begins in contemplation of law as soon as an infant is able to stir in the mother's womb."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you mean by "forced to be a baby machine"?

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What do you mean by "forced to be a baby machine"?

There are some in this thread who have said that abortion should not be allowed even in the event of rape. Forcing a woman to carry a fetus to term against her will sounds like "baby machine" to me.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Dansiph

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟120,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are some in this thread who have said that abortion should not be allowed even in the event of rape. Forcing a woman to carry a fetus to term against her will sounds like "baby machine" to me.
I don't think a woman should get an abortion if that happens to her.

Upvote 0

CaspianSails

Jan 30, 2019
Washington DC metro area
✟27,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people even within the Christian community do not want abortion to be made illegal because they hold to the mindset that regardless of the law, a person determined to get an abortion will still find a way. And thus, they are concerned that this would lead to more risk to the mother, with possible lasting complications, and that female mortality rates are going to go up if abortions were to be carried out underground. So why should abortion be made illegal considering all this?

(P.S. I am working on a blog and looking to answer this question. Thus, your reply to this answer might be used by me if appropriate. Thank you!)

I am not inclined to contribute my response to a blog if you deem it appropriate. I am not pro abortion and let that suffice in this instance. One should ask oneself if it is in appropriate to post the thoughts and responses of others. I think not.

Upvote 0

wonderkins

Jul 16, 2017
Winlock
✟147,468.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Should rapists be put to death?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.