Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some people even within the Christian community do not want abortion to be made illegal because they hold to the mindset that regardless of the law, a person determined to get an abortion will still find a way. And thus, they are concerned that this would lead to more risk to the mother, with possible lasting complications, and that female mortality rates are going to go up if abortions were to be carried out underground. So why should abortion be made illegal considering all this?

(P.S. I am working on a blog and looking to answer this question. Thus, your reply to this answer might be used by me if appropriate. Thank you!)

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people even within the Christian community do not want abortion to be made illegal because they hold to the mindset that regardless of the law, a person determined to get an abortion will still find a way. And thus, they are concerned that this would lead to more risk to the mother, with possible lasting complications, and that female mortality rates are going to go up if abortions were to be carried out underground. So why should abortion be made illegal considering all this?

(P.S. I am working on a blog and looking to answer this question. Thus, your reply to this answer might be used by me if appropriate. Thank you!)
I think a lot of people consider it already illegal. Killing someone is illegal. It's just words like abortion are used and some loopholes and now you're allowed to do it. Sorry to be blunt but that's how I see it.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think a lot of people consider it already illegal. Killing someone is illegal. It's just words like abortion are used and some loopholes and now you're allowed to do it. Sorry to be blunt but that's how I see it.

I appreciate your bluntness. We could do with such in this day and age of political correctness wokeness. Its really sad that between 40 to 50 million abortion are carried out each year in total around the world

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I appreciate your bluntness. We could do with such in this day and age of political correctness wokeness. Its really sad that between 40 to 50 million abortion are carried out each year in total around the world
Political correctness is so obviously an agenda. I don't know its true origins but it's an agenda. The number is one of those numbers that doesn't hit you like it should. It takes some contemplation, which isn't right.

• Agree
Reactions: Willing-heart
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

You need new glasses!

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

What is the source of your data? Are you differentiating between medically necessary pregnancy terminations and elective abortions?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Killing someone is NOT illegal. The state can execute criminals and the military is tasked with killing the enemy. Some times it is necessary to terminate a pregnancy. Get real!

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What is the source of your data? Are you differentiating between medically necessary pregnancy terminations and elective abortions?

According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day

Abortion Statistics - Worldometer

Abortion is never really medically necessary in all truth. And even with regards to when it is said that there is risk to the mother's life, only 3% of all abortion accounts for this.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Abortion should be safe and legal, but also rare. Making abortion illegal doesn't make it rare. A better way of decreasing abortions would be to implement more policies that are helpful to mothers and families so that an unexpected pregnancy does not create a health or economic catastrophe. People need to be educated in topics of sex and birth control using valid health and science information rather than political or religious propaganda so that they are more fully informed of all options before it even gets to the point of a pregnancy, but people who want to make abortion illegal also tend to be the same people who fight against this sort of education and against any social policies that could be of great help and benefit to mothers and families. To be frank, our society isn't really very family-friendly and it only seems to be getting worse, not better.

Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Killing someone is NOT illegal. The state can execute criminals and the military is tasked with killing the enemy. Some times it is necessary to terminate a pregnancy. Get real!

There is a difference between killing and murder. Abortion is not just killing, it is murder (in most case if not all).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Abortion should be safe and legal, but also rare. Making abortion illegal doesn't make it rare. A better way of decreasing abortions would be to implement more policies that are helpful to mothers and families so that an unexpected pregnancy does not create a health or economic catastrophe. People need to be educated in topics of sex and birth control using valid health and science information rather than political or religious propaganda so that they are more fully informed of all options before it even gets to the point of a pregnancy, but people who want to make abortion illegal also tend to be the same people who fight against this sort of education and against any social policies that could be of great help and benefit to mothers and families. To be frank, our society isn't really very family-friendly and it only seems to be getting worse, not better.

I honestly struggle to see why it should be allowed for someone to be able to legally poison a baby in the mother's womb or to rip out the babies body so violently from the mother's womb. Is God okay with legalised abortion?

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
According to WHO, every year in the world there are an estimated 40-50 million abortions. This corresponds to approximately 125,000 abortions per day

Abortion Statistics - Worldometer

Abortion is never really medically necessary in all truth. And even with regards to when it is said that there is risk to the mother's life, only 3% of all abortion accounts for this.

You'r contradicting yourself!

Upvote 0

Dansiph

Supporter
Jun 26, 2018
UK
✟119,794.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Which criminals should they execute? Are all wars right? I'd say most are not. There's a term from the title of a book "War is a racket" and while I don't know anything about war from experience the book was written by a soldier called Smedley Butler.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

The willful termination of a pregnancy legal or illegal places the choice and the responsibility with the one who makes that choice and they are accountable to the Lord for it. That is .... it is an individual choice .... the Lord is not happy with a lot of our individual choices ... but even so ... He does not interfere with them ... and each of us will be accountable to Him.

This country has already gone down the slippery slope ... now even further with infanticide.

The states ... some of them are now pursing overturning the abortion laws in their state.

These laws may be unenforceable because of the Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision that legalized abortion in all 50 states. The likelihood of the Supreme Court overturning a Supreme Court decision is slim to none (sadly).

That is not to say we are not to speak out against it, we do ... and we will. I think promoting alternatives to abortion is paramount and we should strongly support these efforts in as many ways as possible.

Legal or not legal ... one day true justice will indeed be served. I have no doubt.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I generally believe the government should leave people alone, but when the most innocent of people are being killed for convenience, such as is the case with most abortions, there's a moral duty for the government to stop that. There have been well-intended laws that have impeded on a woman's ability to get adequate medical care while pregnant, our moral duty is to make laws that protect their ability to get medical care while simultaneously banning abortion for convenience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

crossnote

Berean
Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,151.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So why should abortion be made illegal considering all this?
I wouldn't consider those lame excuses. Abortion should be made illegal because it is murder and it is the duty of the State to protect life.

Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I generally believe the government should leave people alone, but when the most innocent of people are being killed for convenience, such as is the case with most abortions, there's a moral duty for the government to stop that. There have been well-intended laws that have impeded on a woman's ability to get adequate medical care while pregnant, our moral duty is to make laws that protect their ability to get medical care while simultaneously banning abortion for convenience.

Question is, is the government pro-population growth. Is this seen as another way to promote population control?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟378,031.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Question is, is the government pro-population growth. Is this seen as another way to promote population control?
In the US, not overtly.

In Poland, whose population was in general decline, they made abortion illegal to get it growing again. In China which was overpopulated, they instituted the one-child policy, which resulted in forced abortions after a woman had her one child.

• Informative
Upvote 0

ForHimbyHim

May 18, 2020
Nairobi
✟55,269.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the US, not overtly.

In Poland, whose population was in general decline, they made abortion illegal to get it growing again. In China which was overpopulated, they instituted the one-child policy, which resulted in forced abortions after a woman had her one child.
And Americans are really trying to bring that population control thing here into Africa, saying women would have less children if more survived.
No women have multiple children for multiple reasons.

• Agree
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God formed us:
-“For You formed my innermost parts; You knit me [together] in my mother’s womb” Psa 139:13
-“Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?” Mal 2;10

He gives us life each day:
-“The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.” Job 33:4
"I will put ligaments on you, place muscles on you, and cover you with skin. I will put breath in you, and you will live. Then you will know that I am Yahweh." Eze 37:6

He has a plan for each one:
-“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” Jer 29:11
-“And we know that all things work together for good for those who love God, for those who are called according to his purpose,” Rom 8:28
-“who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time eternal,” II Tim 1:9
-“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” Psa 32:8
-“And the Lord shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.” Isa 58:11

God determines the time and place of our births:
-“And he made from one man every race of men to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted epochs and the fixed boundaries of the places where they would live;” (Acts 17:26)

• Agree
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.