Why a great magnetic field near Jupiter..?

Ataradrac

Now with 50% less irony!
Feb 10, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
✟7,992.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
...just for... what?

*baffled*

Magnetic fields around planets are generated by the core of the planet. Earth has one. Jupiter has one. In fact, I'm pretty sure that all of the planets have one (although Pluto might not). Even Ganymede has it's own magnetic field, generated by its active molten iron or iron sulfide core.

Upvote 0
A

Angel of God

Ataradrac said:
...just for... what?

*baffled*

Magnetic fields around planets are generated by the core of the planet. Earth has one. Jupiter has one. In fact, I'm pretty sure that all of the planets have one (although Pluto might not). Even Ganymede has it's own magnetic field, generated by its active molten iron or iron sulfide core.

Do you know the 4 Satellites of Galileo turn in the
Jupiter magnetic field?....................
I was talking about a future life of Saints :holy: in this planets
that will take their energy(Temperature, brightness, gravity) from this magnetic field........ :clap:
What is your opinion about it?.......... :sigh:

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somehow energy from spinning in a magnetic field is going to significantly increase their temperature, start glowing, AND change one of the most fundemental (albeit not yet explainable) laws of the universe?

Sounds like you could write a science fiction book, or at least have followers... people that never liked (i.e. failed) science in high school. :clap:

Upvote 0

Ataradrac

Now with 50% less irony!
Feb 10, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
✟7,992.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Angel of God said:
Do you know the 4 Satellites of Galileo turn in the
Jupiter magnetic field?....................
I was talking about a future life of Saints :holy: in this planets
that will take their energy(Temperature, brightness, gravity) from this magnetic field........ :clap:
What is your opinion about it?.......... :sigh:

:scratch:
...what?

Jupiter will increase the brightness and gravity of the saints?

Upvote 0
A

Angel of God

Deamiter said:
Somehow energy from spinning in a magnetic field is going to significantly increase their temperature, start glowing, AND change one of the most fundemental (albeit not yet explainable) laws of the universe?

Sounds like you could write a science fiction book, or at least have followers... people that never liked (i.e. failed) science in high school. :clap:

When there is a relative velocity between a proton... and a magnetic field
then a force is generated and it generates a magnetic field that is in opposition. ^_^
This force generates energy.................... :cool:

:angel:

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angel of God said:
When there is a relative velocity between a proton... and a magnetic field
then a force is generated and it generates a magnetic field that is in opposition. ^_^
This force generates energy.................... :cool:

:angel:
I don't know if you're joking or not, but I'll assume you're not. You might be interested to know that the force actually does not create energy. The new magnetic field actually takes away from kinetic energy. If in the end, the proton ends up with a greater velocity, it actually takes some of the energy 'stored' in the magnetic field.

Also, gravity is entirely unaffected by ANY magnetic field.

Finally brightness (at least in layman's terms, ignoring BB radiation) has little to do with energy. As these moons aren't radiating in the visible spectrum, their brightness is connected to reflective properties of the surface, and not to any accumlulation of energy.

Just out of curiosity, where are you finding this information, or are you just coming up with it yourself?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
A

Angel of God

Deamiter said:
I don't know if you're joking or not, but I'll assume you're not. You might be interested to know that the force actually does not create energy. The new magnetic field actually takes away from kinetic energy. If in the end, the proton ends up with a greater velocity, it actually takes some of the energy 'stored' in the magnetic field.

Also, gravity is entirely unaffected by ANY magnetic field.

Finally brightness (at least in layman's terms, ignoring BB radiation) has little to do with energy. As these moons aren't radiating in the visible spectrum, their brightness is connected to reflective properties of the surface, and not to any accumlulation of energy.

Just out of curiosity, where are you finding this information, or are you just coming up with it yourself?

You will not believe in me...........(I am sure) ;)

This force produces energy because it increases the speed of the protons.....

A proton that turns in a magnetic field is equal to a gravitational mass
at center.............., this is my motivation.......... :pray:

About brightness a collision proton-proton with an high velocity produces
brightness from fusion energy.............. ;)

:angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Angel of God said:
You will not believe in me...........(I am sure) ;)
Trust me, it's not that I don't want to believe you. It's just that I'm in my last year of university for physics, and you seem to be purposfully cryptic, or we're just struggling with a language barrier.
Angel of God said:
This force produces energy because it increases the speed of the protons.....
You know that an increase in the proton's energy necessitates a decrease in the magnetic field's energy? To be sure, the protons can gain energy, but energy doesn't come from nowhere.

As a bit of an aside, the fact that the satellites are spinning in Jupiter's magnetic field has nothing to do with protons. It would take millions of years (perhaps billiions?) for the effects of the satellites to even perceptably change the energy in the magnetic field of Jupiter.
Angel of God said:
A proton that turns in a magnetic field is equal to a gravitational mass
at center.............., this is my motivation.......... :pray:
I think you are misusing the word "equal." it's certainly similar, but not at all equal. When you say "turn" do you mean "revolve in" and when you say "this is my motivation" do you mean "this is why I think that"
Angel of God said:
About brightness a collision proton-proton with an high velocity produces
brightness from fusion energy.............. ;)

:angel: :angel:
Except... proton-proton collisions are EXTREMELY rare outside of nuclear reactors and stars. That is because they need an extremely high amount of energy, but if they got that much energy from your magnetic field, they would no longer be bound by gravity to stay in the system.

Have you studied physics at all? I just don't know whether I'm talking to a graduate, or somebody who read a cool book on physics and made up a theory. Also, I do understand quite a bit of French (though my grammar is atrocious) so if you're really interested, perhaps we could talk via PM...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quantumspirit

evangelical humanist
Jul 21, 2004
Minnesota
✟1,798.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
...is probably the source of the magnetic field. Jupiter is of the same hydrogen/helium composition as many stars. In fact some scientists think that Jupiter is a "failed star". But anyway, any element, under sufficient pressure, will turn metallic. Liquid hydrogen and iodine are good examples. It takes megabars of pressure to accomplish this, and with all the weight of the mass of the planet, there is metallized hydrogen at the core of Jupiter.

Upvote 0