Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I say we dump the Big Party of the Left and dump the Big Party of the Right and try for something better. These two particular Big Parties are failing us. And we are failing ourselves in the process. Any party that says to act justly (and be against Trump) you have to be OK with killing babies is a crock. Any party that says Trump is the messiah is a crock. We vote for one of these parties to stop the other one. We shouldn't be wasting our vote on either party. Dump 'em. Start over. If we do dump them maybe for a few years the new parties won't be abysmal. And then they will.

There is no salvation in politics. We pretend that there is salvation in one of these parties or the other one. It's idolatry. Burn the idols.
In theory you make some good points but in practicality and implementation they probably will never work. Scraping the two major parties sounds good but how can that practically be accomplished? I don’t believe it can. No one man in and of himself can fix this mess, it will take an influx of leaders who truly put the people first, that is a process that will not happen overnight. Trump is not the devil or the Messiah. He is a non perfect human being, a non politician who did get promised things done. He endured a full term of false accusations and charges and still nothing has stuck. Some like to beat their chest and gloat over those around Trump who were convicted of crimes or who would take a plea to stop the financial bleeding. The entire liberal machine has devoted uncountable resources to destroy a man who is still standing, while refusing to investigate blatant corruption under their own noses in the Biden family. If we don’t clean up our broken election system and elect leaders who truly serve the people who elected them I see no fix for this country.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,234,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In theory you make some good points but in practicality and implementation they probably will never work. Scraping the two major parties sounds good but how can that practically be accomplished? I don’t believe it can. No one man in and of himself can fix this mess, it will take an influx of leaders who truly put the people first, that is a process that will not happen overnight. Trump is not the devil or the Messiah. He is a non perfect human being, a non politician who did get promised things done. He endured a full term of false accusations and charges and still nothing has stuck. Some like to beat their chest and gloat over those around Trump who were convicted of crimes or who would take a plea to stop the financial bleeding. The entire liberal machine has devoted uncountable resources to destroy a man who is still standing, while refusing to investigate blatant corruption under their own noses in the Biden family. If we don’t clean up our broken election system and elect leaders who truly serve the people who elected them I see no fix for this country.
Trump did get some things done he said he would do, to his credit. And the swamp reacted against him. My point is that the swamp is a bi-partisan thing, a two-headed amphisbaena that will eventually eat itself, and it isn't going to be pretty as it happens. My opinion is that this republic is doomed already, but I hold out a slim hope that we could avoid that fate by dumping the two big parties that are the heads of the monster.

We have one party whose claim to pure politics is that unborn babies must die. Their candidates are screened to be approvers of that policy. Any oddball resisters to that policy must be eliminated, as was congressman Lipinski two years ago, by his own party. This party expects good people to compromise their morals to vote for their candidates. And millions do. The other party might be a little better.

Elections used to be things we had confidence in. You are right about that. But I don't see electing one head of the amphisbaena guaranteeing a fix for that. It's more that honorable people have to get involved in the election process and work the polls and do the recounts and expose the problems. For the most part party hacks control elections and tip things their ways. Hacks of both big parties. Part of dumping them has to be having honorable people take control of elections again. Not Dems certianly. Not Reps either.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I live in Texas and I voted Beto O'Rourke. You may be wondering how a Christian can vote for him.

First, let me tell you that I prayed for God's guidance, and the answer I received is that we as Christians should pray for, teach, mentor, and comfort those who are hurting and facing difficult choices, not try to wrest control from them. I'm not voting for abortion, I'm voting for women to be able to exercise the free will that God gave us all. I'm voting, knowing that we have a two party system and there will be limits set on that freedom. Just as Abbot has been limited by the democrats in congress, so will Beto be limited by the Republicans.

I also voted for Beto because, although I do believe he and the Democratic Party are too extreme, I also believe Abbot and the Republicans are also too extreme and it's time we leaned more towards giving those who were not born into middle and upper class families a better chance to work, to learn, and to succeed. I also know there will be caring Christians and people of other faiths who will work to help women and families find their way, as well as Doctors and other medical staff that will advise them as well, so they can make informed decisions.

Will the right choices always be made? No, but has that ever been the case? We were given free will and taking away someone's right to choose teaches them nothing. Learning from mistakes, and sharing what you’ve learned from those mistakes, does.

If you're truly faith-driven, rather than responding to the panic inciting rhetoric of politicians and the media, let us pray for those who are faced with such choices! Let us pray for politicians, and doctors! Let us pray for young men and women who are irresponsibly using sex as a cheap substitute for love and marriage. Let us pray for those who are victims of rape and incest, and also pray for those who are evil, disturbed, and closed off from God that would want to or have committed rape or other such evil acts.

Rather than fighting so hard to prevent abortion, which is just a symptom of our societal ills, let us rather focus on the true illness: a world where we have raised our children to be undisciplined, selfish, and overly emotional tyrants who are addicted to cheap thrills and instant gratification.

Have you listened to popular music? Have you heard how vulgar, how lewd it is? Have you done a simple search, mentioning just one key word like sex or a body part, and seen how many inappropriate content videos come up? It's shocking easily, too easy, and the only thing stopping young, impressionable children from seeing what they shouldn't is a simple check box that you click on to assert that you are "at least 18 years of age."

Let us fight to ban the easy access to inappropriate content, and to set standards for music and video. Let us volunteer and mentor young people who don't have strong father or mother figures in their lives. Let us teach our children respect and obedience, and not fall prey to the mindsets and beliefs that are displayed in popular culture, reality television, and the media. Instead let us teach them that happiness does not come from getting your way all the time, but rather from self-discipline, good work, mutual respect, and service to God and others.

So my fellow Christians, let us humbly pray for guidance, and pray for discernment. Pray for God to guide you and then give you the strength and faith to believe, to listen, and do God's will in this world and in your life. Vote and live as God calls you to live. Vote for your children and for our world and let no one dissuade you. Not even me!
It's not always God that responds when we pray.

Having said that, it really matters not which side one votes for.

Dems and Repubs are all corrupt.

Politics is the greatest show on earth.

Upvote 0