Who's ready to boycott Disney NOW!!

Are you willing to boycott Disney and its products?

• Yes, today

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Volos

Jun 25, 2003
Michign
✟4,244.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Married
Originally Posted By: Saint Philip
BTW, you have to wonder how committed someone is to Reason and Truth if they insist there's nothing homosexual about a man sodomizing a boy.
Are you saying that when a man sexually molests his own daughter, that it is a legitimate expression of heterosexuality?

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Saint Philip said:

BTW, you have to wonder how committed someone is to Reason and Truth if they insist there's nothing homosexual about a man sodomizing a boy.

There is a huge distinct difference between being a homosexual and raping a child.

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Inspired said:
I forgot you guys will probably want to boycott all the company's that support the GLBT's too, let me help you out and tell you who they are

So are you going to boycott all the companies?
Inspired, you are an inspiration! I've finished-wait a minute-aaaaaaaarghh-ooofff-okay that's the last of it-no more products in my house.

Of course I have no walls, no carpet, no furniture, no tv, stereo, bed, clothes, food, medications, hmmmmm, that may be part of what's going on here, meds.

Hmmm, well anyway, I'm sitting in my yard now. Thank goodness the sun is out, but slightly overcast-had to throw out the sunblock you know-nothing around me but grass and trees, my computer and my extension cord. I had to run that to my neighbors house cause I had to get rid of my electrical control panel, but whew, I"m all safe from those disgusting people who support HOMOSEXUALITY!

Thanks Inspired, I didn't know I was so at risk, but I'll sleep much better tonight, unless it rains of course, and and then there's that meds problem, hmmmm.

Lillith:hug::hug:

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Saint Philip said:
There are other reasons to boycott Disney.

Speaking of those classic films, when Disney re-releases them (such as on DVD), they censor them. The edit out things that are politically incorrect.
Phil, please be specific: tell the people what scene Disney censored from the classic film Fantasia and then defend its inclusion. ;)

Upvote 0
Plan 9 said:
Phil, please be specific: tell the people what scene Disney censored from the classic film Fantasia and then defend its inclusion. ;)

Do you mean the African American centaur with four pony tails, each with a bow, sticking out of her head? That's nothing compared to how whites are presented in the Lilo and Stitch movie (fat, shirtless, pale slobs always eating ice cream).

Yes, some things Disney censors are more politically incorrect than others. It could be cigarettes, hillbillies fighting, etc. So what? It's still censorship. These classic films should stand as honest representations of their times. And, if they are going to be censored, Disney should tell buyers "Censored for your hyper-sensitivity." Or, at least they could make use of the ability of DVDs to show alternative scenes.

These children's movies aren't even children's movies anymore. After the bright, rhythmic, fast-action of today's children's movies, children don't pay any attention to old Disney classics. Adults really by these classic films for themselves.

Modern Disney movies don't allow children to have two parents. Do you think that in 50 years if the moral climate changes and parents become Politically Correct again that Disney should paint daddies into their old, circa 2000, movies? (Actually, with the direction this country is moving, they'll be painting in second mommies in 50 years.)

Upvote 0
Saint Philip said:
Do you mean the African American centaur with four pony tails, each with a bow, sticking out of her head? That's nothing compared to how whites are presented in the Lilo and Stitch movie (fat, shirtless, pale slobs always eating ice cream).

Yes, some things Disney censors are more politically incorrect than others. It could be cigarettes, hillbillies fighting, etc. So what? It's still censorship. These classic films should stand as honest representations of their times. And, if they are going to be censored, Disney should tell buyers "Censored for your hyper-sensitivity." Or, at least they could make use of the ability of DVDs to show alternative scenes.

These children's movies aren't even children's movies anymore. After the bright, rhythmic, fast-action of today's children's movies, children don't pay any attention to old Disney classics. Adults really by these classic films for themselves.

Modern Disney movies don't allow children to have two parents. Do you think that in 50 years if the moral climate changes and parents become Politically Correct again that Disney should paint daddies into their old, circa 2000, movies? (Actually, with the direction this country is moving, they'll be painting in second mommies in 50 years.)

Excellent post, but give them about 2 years on the two mommies.

Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Saint Philip said:

If by that you mean the little nubian centaur pickaniny shoeshine boy, then yes.
I thought the adult Nubian centaurs were quite beautiful. One frame showing them remains, which anyone interested may see by using stop-motion.

Upvote 0

BigToe

You are my itchy sweater.
Jun 24, 2003
Sudzo's Purple Palace of Snuggles
Visit site
✟35,932.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
if you want to boycott disney- here is a list of SOME of the companies in their media conglomerate- seeing as its the third largest media conglomerate, this is not an exhaustive list by any means

over 69 radio stations and subsidiaries
many tv stations
NFL
NASCAR
NBA
Sid R. Bass- crude petroleum/natural gass
TiVo

production/distribution- film/tv
Walt Disney Pictures
Touchstone Pictures
Hollywood Pictures
Caravan Pictures
Miramax Films
Buena Vista Home Entertainment

Tele-Munchen (German)
RTL-2 (German)
Hamster Productions (French)
TV Sport of France
Tesauro of Spain
Scandinavian Broadcasting System
Japan Sports Channel

buena vista internet group-
ABC.com
ABCNews.com
Oscar.com
Disney.com
Family.Com
ESPN Internet Group
NFL.com
NBA.com
NASCAR.com
Soccernet.com

Infoseek
Toysmart.com

go.com
starwave
mr. showbiz
skillgames
wall of sound

record labels-
Buena Vista Music Group
Hollywood Records
Lyric Street Records
Mammoth Records
Walt Disney Records

TV channels- Owns several with Hearst Comcast, MediaOne, Liberty Media and GE- so they're bad too
ABC
The Disney Channel
SoapNet
ESPN
A&E

The History Channel
Lifetime
E!
Classic Sports Network
Sportsvision (Australia)
Net STAR (Canada)

book publishing-
Walt Disney Company Book Publishing
Hyperion Books
Talk/Miramax Books

magazines-
ABC Publishing group
Disney Publishing Inc
diversified publications group
financial services and medical group
miller publishing company
Discover Magazine
Disney Magazine
ESPN Magazine
Talk
US Weekly

Automotive Industries
Biography
ECN News
Family Fun
Institutional Investor
Jane
JCK
Kentucky Prairie Farmer
Kodin
Top Famille (french)
Video Business
Quality

parks/resorts
Disneyland
Walt Disney World
Disney-MGM Studios
EuroDisney
Disneyland Japan
Epcot
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's California Adventure
Disney Cruise Line

newspapers-
County Press (Lapeer, MI)
Oakland Press and Reminder (Pontiac, MI)
Narragansett Times
St. Louis Daily Record

also owns a few things in conjunction with GE, Hearst, MediaOne, Liberty Media, Comcast

don't forget they work with Pixar and microsoft on many occasions

do a google search for Disney Media Conglomerate and you will see tons of sites with the break down of this media giant.

if you're gonna boycott disney, you have some double checking to do!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cherberrie

running to stand still
Jul 30, 2003
Florida
✟582.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Nope, I won't boycott Disney.

I also wanted to say that Disney has "Night of Joy", as a matter of fact just this past weekend, where the theme is Christian, with concerts. So we Christians basically have a day there too, and when I've been I've never seen any protests by Non-Christian groups. Shouldn't homosexuals be allowed the same right to enjoy a fun time at the park without worrying about protesters spewing hate at them?

As for comparing the KKK to GLBTs, it truly baffles me that people bring up these kind of comparisons. The KKK is a hate group. GLBTs are not.

I have been to DisneyWorld so many times, and I can back up the point of heterosexuals having sex on some of the rides. It happens more often than you think. Never in my gazillion trips to Disney have I ever seen a homosexual couple acting innapropriately, but I have seen plenty of heterosexual couples get hot and heavy without regard for the people and children around them. I'm talking waiting in line for rides too, not just on rides.
And *gasp* it even happens at Night of Joy too!

Upvote 0