Who's ready to boycott Disney NOW!!

Are you willing to boycott Disney and its products?

• Yes, today

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
There are many wonderful christians and non christians on here...dont let one person get you down...stay :)

To get back on topic...I still don't understand why the anti gay crowd is so upset by the video. and why do they keep mentioning children when there arent any children at pleasure island after dark?? is it a deliberate attempt to evade facts in order to more easily malign the homosexual crowd?

and why would you assume there are no kids at Pleasure Island after dark??? Which I know for a fact is not a true statement. I've been there on quite a few occasions after dark and there were plenty of kids.

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Knight said:
I don't know if this has already been said but here goes:

Would it be too much to ask Disney to at least let people know that "Gay Day" is going on?

It sounded to me like it was not well advertised.

That was one of the things Disney was requested to do. but they refuse to do it - they feel ANYONE wanting to partake in the Family setting of thier parks is welcomed at any time and if they do not like what is going on then they can leave.. its called Freedom...... at least MOST people are now aware when it is planned for each year..

Upvote 0

Inspired

only hurts when I breathe
Oct 8, 2002
Visit site
✟6,494.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
WayneH said:
and why would you assume there are no kids at Pleasure Island after dark??? Which I know for a fact is not a true statement. I've been there on quite a few occasions after dark and there were plenty of kids.

Well then there parents need to be found, kids aren't allowed on Paradise Island after 10pm,the incident in question happen after midnight. All that is open is night clubs, and kids can't get in.

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Inspired said:
Well then there parents need to be found, kids aren't allowed on Paradise Island after 10pm,the incident in question happen after midnight. All that is open is night clubs, and kids can't get in.

all was doing was pointing out you said after dark....... it is dark before 10 PM.....

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
WayneH said:

Because i had a season pass, and lived 2 miles away, so I went quite often, and every night there were no children...and to get into every club you had to be 18, and I beleive they carded me going in too.

Upvote 0

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Inspired said:

regardless when it was - are you saying its okay to have open sexual contact in public at any time ?? not just talking homosexual contact - but any sexual contact? I for one would want people to keep their pants zipped - skirts down - panties on the whole time they are in public.. it shouldn't matter if its in a night club for Adults only or anywhere - there is a time and a place....

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
Knight said:
I don't know if this has already been said but here goes:

Would it be too much to ask Disney to at least let people know that "Gay Day" is going on?

It sounded to me like it was not well advertised.

As soon as we start to advertise Jew day and Pagan Day and Black Day

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
WayneH said:
regardless when it was - are you saying its okay to have open sexual contact in public at any time ?? not just talking homosexual contact - but any sexual contact? I for one would want people to keep their pants zipped - skirts down - panties on the whole time they are in public.. it shouldn't matter if its in a night club for Adults only or anywhere - there is a time and a place....

oh my goodness. are you missing the point. all the "o god think of the children" mellowdrama, when discussing the video, is what lead to this. And no I have no problem with a couple making out on the dance floor of a club, gettin a little frisky outside in public may be something that makes me turn my head, but not scream "FREAKY PERVERT!!!!"

Upvote 0

Knight

Knight of the Cross
Apr 11, 2002
Indiana
Visit site
✟4,472.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
As soon as we start to advertise Jew day and Pagan Day and Black Day

As far as I know there are no days at Disney set aside for this.

There are many homosexual events and most all of them are well advertised. Why should this be any different?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WayneH

Washed in His Blood
Jan 3, 2002
Maryland
Visit site
✟15,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SqueezetheShaman said:
oh my goodness. are you missing the point. all the "o god think of the children" mellowdrama, when discussing the video, is what lead to this. And no I have no problem with a couple making out on the dance floor of a club, gettin a little frisky outside in public may be something that makes me turn my head, but not scream "FREAKY PERVERT!!!!"

NO!!!!!! I'm not missing the point... your missing the point - especially if you feel its okay to pervert life in public - where there are kids - there are peoplke who wish not see others getting frisky - and I wasn't talking about a kiss on the dance floor - however - getting frisky should be left in private...... everyone around here is crying that the Govt.l shouldn't regulate whats done in the bedroom - fine - then keep it in the BEDROOM - or at least in private so other do not have a free show...

Upvote 0

SqueezetheShaman

Jul 26, 2003
✟5,461.00
Faith
Agnostic
WayneH said:
NO!!!!!! I'm not missing the point... your missing the point - especially if you feel its okay to pervert life in public - where there are kids - there are peoplke who wish not see others getting frisky - and I wasn't talking about a kiss on the dance floor - however - getting frisky should be left in private...... everyone around here is crying that the Govt.l shouldn't regulate whats done in the bedroom - fine - then keep it in the BEDROOM - or at least in private so other do not have a free show...

since you now "get the point" too, do you see why there is no point in pointing out the behavior of homosexuals, since the heteros do it too.

Upvote 0
Inspired said:
What are kids doing wondering around outside a night club at any hour?

Probably because they want to be members of the world. They want sex, drugs, strong drink, and other worldly pleasures. The only reason they are outside is because someone is doing their legal duty and not allowing them inside where they can become witnesses to and partakers of the pleasures they desire.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't boycott disney, cause I am too lazy to make a list of all the places I shouldn't go and the things I shouldn't buy, and because I love teh Little Mermaid and my son loves Playhouse Disney.

that being said, why O why can't Christians all band together and make a Christian Day at Disney World? Disney doesn't schedule any Gay Day, they just don't stop it when the homosexual community organizes and converges on it.

The theme Park in my hometown has a day when church groups get in cheaper and the concerts are all done by Christian artists. Everyone else can come in, and if they wanna stay and walk around a bunch of thrill seekinng youth group members, so be it. If I showed up at Disney on a "Gay Day" I wouldn't take my kid in. Or maybe I would. My kid will grow up learning that people are people.

And wouldn't it be more pro-active to organize against the sweat shops than to organize against those that utilize them? You could support any number of programs designed for the welfare of children in third world countries.

And the only boycotting I do of the Disney Parks is because I can't afford to set one foot in it, I shop for cheaper clothes at the Wally World, and because Mickey D's is closer to my home than Wendy's.

Reactions: Brimshack
Upvote 0

Plan 9

Absolutely Elsewhere
Jul 7, 2002
Deck Six, Cargo Bay Two; apply to Annabel Lee to l
Visit site
✟20,357.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
E-beth said:
I don't boycott disney, cause I am too lazy to make a list of all the places I shouldn't go and the things I shouldn't buy, and because I love teh Little Mermaid and my son loves Playhouse Disney.

that being said, why O why can't Christians all band together and make a Christian Day at Disney World? Disney doesn't schedule any Gay Day, they just don't stop it when the homosexual community organizes and converges on it.

The theme Park in my hometown has a day when church groups get in cheaper and the concerts are all done by Christian artists. Everyone else can come in, and if they wanna stay and walk around a bunch of thrill seekinng youth group members, so be it. If I showed up at Disney on a "Gay Day" I wouldn't take my kid in. Or maybe I would. My kid will grow up learning that people are people.

And wouldn't it be more pro-active to organize against the sweat shops than to organize against those that utilize them? You could support any number of programs designed for the welfare of children in third world countries.

And the only boycotting I do of the Disney Parks is because I can't afford to set one foot in it, I shop for cheaper clothes at the Wally World, and because Mickey D's is closer to my home than Wendy's.

E-beth, I really love your post; it's so constructive!
Since we're alking about a consumer boycott, why boycott everything? Why not boycot the things we dislike and continue to buy the things we think are good; we already do this natuarally when it comes to their films.
Yes, why not have a Christian day at Disney World? I think that's a fine idea. :)

I think you're idea about how to proceed against sweat shops is a fine one, too; it's far more efficient.
I do have strong reservations about doing so, because I have my doubts that the Chinese who work at them consider them sweatshops at all. Sometimes those of us who are compassionate people from well-to-do countries go to others to try to help, but what the poor people from those countries hear us saying is that if they were more enlightened, like us, they would learn to starve and like it.
It's only my opinion, but I think we've already gone overboard in making child-laber laws in the U.S.

Upvote 0

Lillithspeak

The Umbrella
Aug 26, 2003
Vermont
✟9,786.00
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
sweetkitty said:
Child molestation and pedophilia occur far more commonly among homosexuals than among heterosexuals on a per capita basis, according to a new study.

"Overwhelming evidence supports the belief that homosexuality is a sexual deviancy often accompanied by disorders that have dire consequences for our culture," wrote Steve Baldwin in, "Child Molestation and the Homosexual Movement," soon to be published by the Regent University Law Review.

Baldwin is the executive director of the Council for National Policy in Washington, D.C.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27431

Thank God he doesn't actually get make any national policy. Whew!:clap:

Lillith

Upvote 0
There are other reasons to boycott Disney.

They pushed Congress to lengthen copyright protection to an absolutely unconstitional length so that class Disney stuff will be kept out of the public domain even though Disney itself has taken public domain stories to create Disney films with. Indeed, new material has been chocked off from the public domain.

Speaking of those classic films, when Disney re-releases them (such as on DVD), they censor them. The edit out things that are politically incorrect.

BTW, you have to wonder how committed someone is to Reason and Truth if they insist there's nothing homosexual about a man sodomizing a boy.

Upvote 0
Saint Philip said:
There are other reasons to boycott Disney.

They pushed Congress to lengthen copyright protection to an absolutely unconstitional length so that class Disney stuff will be kept out of the public domain even though Disney itself has taken public domain stories to create Disney films with. Indeed, new material has been chocked off from the public domain.

Speaking of those classic films, when Disney re-releases them (such as on DVD), they censor them. The edit out things that are politically incorrect.

BTW, you have to wonder how committed someone is to Reason and Truth if they insist there's nothing homosexual about a man sodomizing a boy.

Good post!

Upvote 0