Who Ya Voting For & Why?

Who are you voting for?

• McCain

• Obama

• Other or write in (post it if you want to)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trento

Senior Veteran
Apr 12, 2002
AZ. Between the Holy Cross river and the Saint Rit
Visit site
✟22,534.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Pro-Life Democrat here.

I have voted democrat for years not because of the abortion issue but because of other life issues which the dems far exceed the reps over.

YD

How about infanticide?

Links to Barack Obama's votes on IL's Born Alive Infant Protection Act
obama.jpg
Below is a listing of then-state Senator Barack Obama's votes and state senate floor speeches on IL's Born Alive Infant Protection Act.
(At right is a political cartoon by Jack Higgins, printed in the Chicago Sun-Times on August 25, 2004, during his U.S. Senate campaign.)
A package of Born Alive bills was introduced three times during Obama's tenure.
The cornerstone bill was the Born Alive Infants Protection Act, aka "Born Alive Infant Defined," which defined legal personhood to include born alive infants any time the words "person," "human being," "child," or "individual" was stated in IL law.

Following are Obama's actions and votes on Born Alive. The bill number changed every year it was reintroduced.
Senate Bill 1095, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
Obama's "no" vote in the IL Senate Judiciary Committeehere, March 28, 2001
Transcript of Obama's verbal opposition to Born Alive on the IL Senate floor, March 30, 2001, pages 84-90
Obama's "present" vote on the IL Senate floor, March 30, 2001

Senate Bill 1662, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
Obama's "no" vote in the Senate Judiciary Committee, March 6, 2002
Transcript of Obama's verbal opposition to Born Alive on the IL Senate floor, April 4, 2002, pages 28-35
Obama's "no" vote on the IL Senate floor, April 4, 2002
Listen to audio from Obama's 2002 IL Senate floor debate wherein he argued that while babies might be aborted alive, it would be a "burden" to a mother's "original decision" to assess and treat them.
Meanwhile, the federal Born Alive Infants Protection Act with a "neutrality clause" added passed the U.S. Senate 98-0, the U.S. House overwhelmingly, and was signed into law August 5, 2002. The pro-abortion group NARAL expressed neutrality on the bill.

Senate Bill 1082, Born Alive Infant Protection Act
Democrats took control of the IL Senate with the 2002 elections. This year Born Alive was sent to the Health & Human Services Committee, chaired by Barack Obama.
As can be seen on the vote docket, Obama first voted to amend SB1082 to add the "neutrality clause" from the federal version of Born Alive to the IL version to make them absolutely identical. (DP#1 means "Do Pass Amendment #1.)
Then Obama voted against the identical version. (DPA means, "Do Pass as Amended.)
Additional corroboration of Obama's vote: IL State Senate Republican Staff Analysis of SB 1082, March 12-13, 2003, bottom of page 2
For 4 years following his 2003 vote Obama misrepresented it, stating the wording of the IL version of Born Alive was not the same as the federal version, and he would have voted for it if so. As recently as August 16, 2008 Obama made this false assertion.
But when evidence presented was irrefutable, Obama's campaign on August 18, 2008, admitted the truth to the New York Sun.
The nonpartison group FactCheck.org has since corroborated Obama voted against identical legislation as passed overwhelmingly on the federal level and then misrepresented his vote.

Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
:D

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7274039&page=3
McCain may be antichrist, Bible Society Claims
Election Shocker!
by Robert Dreyfuss

Biblical scholars in Colorado Springs have uncovered startling evidence that Senator John McCain may be the Antichrist. Their conclusions, while highly controversial, may have a dramatic impact on the 2008 elections, since many Bible-believing Christians have already expressed doubts about McCain's fealty to Christianity.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I'll be voting for McCain simply because he's the only hope to keep Obama out of office. Obama's radically pro-abortion stance, with a liberal Democrat-led Congress to back him, scares me silly. I cannot in good conscience throw away my vote in the face of the very real possibilities that the pro-abortion laws will be radicalized.

I am pro-life from cradle to grave, meaning anti-death penalty, anti-war, etc., but in this election, the abortion issue takes precedence.

Mary

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is definitely a time for prayer. I'm still waiting for God to bail us out of this foriegn land and bring us all home.

Go Cards!
As Moses said to Pharaoh "LET MY PEOPLE GO!" :angel:

Luke 21:24 And they shall be falling to mouth of sword and they shall be being led captive/aicmalwtisqhsontai <163> (5701) into all the nations and Jerusalem shall be being trodden by nations until which may be being filled times of nations. [Jeremiah 15:2]

Reve 13:10 If any into captivity/aicmalwsian <161> into captivity/aicmalwsian <161> he is going away. If any in sword to be killed, is binding him in sword to be killed. Here is the endurance and the faith of the saints [Luke 21:24]

http://christianforums.com/showthread.php?t=7276015&page=2
Olivet Discourse and Revelation Same Event?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Both murder and adultery are forgivable sins, if repented of. And it seems to me McCain has repented of his adultery, as he has already said that what he did to his first marriage was the thing that he was the most sorry about, or something on that order. But it seems that Obama is no where near repenting of his murderous ways.

You can't repent of adultery and still be living in adultery. You can't cheat on your wife, divorce her, and marry your mistress and think God has released you from the first marriage.

You got to be awfully liberal with God's Word to make that work. If he were not a Christian when he left the first wife, then there would be provision. But he married his current wife a month later and switched to a Baptist Church.

I just don't see any evidence of him being released from the first marriage.

So when did John become a Christian? If he were a Christian before he became a POW, he's still married to the first wife and committing adultery.

And like Bill Clinton, if you will cheat on your wife, I can't trust you to do what's in the best interest of the country and to do so with God First Counsel.

As for that pro-murder Obama, he could be the only candidate on the ballot, and I wouldn't vote for him and his lies.

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't disagree ... but I think LLoJ was noting that outlawing abortion does not stop abortion from happening.

Most children who die of starvation or disease or war do not choose to die in that manner, nor do their parents (I think it would be safe to say) will that their children die in that manner.

The world is a horrifying place without Christ.
Tax funded and state approved abortion is what I have a problem with...

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As for that pro-murder Obama, he could be the only candidate on the ballot, and I wouldn't vote for him and his lies.
Murder.......repent...reform.........:angel:

James 5:6 Ye condemn, ye Murder/efoneusate <5407> (5656) the Righteous-One, not He is resisting to Ye.

Revelation 9:21 And not they reform/metenohsan <3340> (5656) out of the Murders/fonwn <5408> of them, nor out from their sorceries/far-makeiwn <5331>

Upvote 0

simonthezealot

have you not read,what God has spoken unto you?
Apr 17, 2006
Minnesota
✟19,953.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are many issues in an election. I look at what each candidate and how they effect issues.

I can look at many issues, which the GOP endorses, and wonder how a cross carrying christian can stomach them.

YD
True but A true Christ follower should/must recognise PRO-LIFE as the litmus test, first and then discuss the rest of the non life threating platforms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sorry. Yeah, you're right. So who ya voting for that's not McCain or Obama? If you don't care to post it. Guess I just figure no one else has a chance. Often have felt like voting for someone else but I can't get passed the fact that it will be a wasted vote.

Go Cards!

So if the person you vote for looses you fell that your vote was wasted ?

Upvote 0

namericanboy

Apr 9, 2005
✟2,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer::prayer:
How about infanticide?

Links to Barack Obama's votes on IL's Born Alive Infant Protection Act
obama.jpg

Hey Trento and I are finally on the same side...Yaahhh! I wonder if pro lifers voting for him are just accepting his heavy stance as the bad that goes with the rest of the good things they see?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

He's not a man! He's a machine!
Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So if the person you vote for looses you fell that your vote was wasted ?

No. I feel that at times it would be a wasted vote to vote for a third party candidate that hasn't got a snowball's chance of winning over voting for a candidate that has a legitimate shot.

Go Cards!

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I hope America goes back to normal life after tuesday
That depends on how one defines normal.....could this be the time of Armeggedon coming up......:pray:

Reve 16:14 For they are spirits of demons doing signs which is going-out on the kings of the land, and the being-homed, whole, to-be-together-leading them into the Battle of the Day, that the Great of the God the Almighty...............16 And he together-led them into the Place, the being called to Hebrew armageddwn

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.