• Total voters

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I believe they orbited the earth.. where does space begin? Is low earth orbit space?

Is GEO?

You would have to post something that wasn't propaganda and regurgitated lies.

Surprise - more claims without documentation.

I think it should be clear that any pictures on the NASA site are questionable.

Why would you think that?

I was asking you to post a pic so that I could show you that there is absolutely no possible way to determine if a photo is fake, real, or a painting.

OK, I did. Now go ahead and show us.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You keep focusing on this point as a key lynch pin in your argument.

#1) You are MISUNDERSTANDING and MISINTERPRETING what he said and the actual semantics of what he said. He said "we lost the technology" in the sense of obsolescence. This is why so many of us have used the argument of "obsolete technology" and why KCfromNC is making the point about VCR factories. It's not like there is some "Secret recipe for rocket fuel" that was lost like the original recipe of Coca Cola. It is well within our technological level to get back to the moon if we so choose, it would just be expensive. that is the only prohibition. We'd have to "recreate" the technology simply because we haven't been in so long... that is not the same as "lost" as in "no longer capable". that is where you are misinterpreting/misunderstanding

Yep. Here's an interesting related article : How NASA brought the monstrous F-1 “moon rocket” engine back to life

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So the video of him saying it is a photoshop?

No, you were saying he had some insight into us losing technology or something.

He is a known astronaut and in many NASA videos.. If you watch it.... what he is stating is clearly apparent.

Quotes, please. And then explain why we should believe him instead of the entire rest of NASA.

Well, if they were totally different tasks... that would be true. However, leaving the earth, entering space, traveling to another planetary body...... all the same task.

Not at all.

Mars is obviously more difficult. So why is the moon such an impossibility Now...compared to 40 years ago.

Just a few hours ago you said getting to the moon was difficult. Now you've changed your mind and are saying it is impossible. What information led to that change in opinion?

Oh well, I guess you missed the metaphor

No, I just ignored it as a distraction from me posting a picture which you claimed would change your mind.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I get this all the time... find a quote from an "accredited" "university"..

Are you kidding me? Universities and their professors depend on government funding and donations...

These would come to an abrupt halt if this was done... any PhD would be run out of town and discredited.

Here's another great part about conspiracy theories. Eventually, in denying reality you get to the point where every expert is disqualified for some reason or another.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I get this all the time... find a quote from an "accredited" "university".....

You do realize there are HUNDREDS of private colleges and institutes of learning world wide that submit publications to peer reviewed journals. You do also realize that there are plenty of reputable journals not Published by the US or dependent on US money in any way shape or form.

So quotes, references, etc from those institutions will suffice as well.

Right now, there are tons of Muslim countries that do not like us... There are also plenty of Latin American countries not to fond of us as well. I'd accept journals and statements from their institutions of learning as well...

Russia will not spill the beans... they were a communist country and were in the middle of a famine. The US sent a large portion of the grain produced by the US to USSR in order to:

1/ leverage Russia's silence
2/ artificially lower the amount of grain available to the US and drive up the prices.

I'm confused. If the moon landing was fake and according to you, ICBM technology is also fake, then how exactly did Russia go bankrupt in the 80s? Why would Russia spend themselves to death on a Space Program and Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles if they were fake.

Also, did the US bribe every country on Earth? Every Industrialized country on the planet has a media and also has technical institutions of learning. All that would be required to disprove our trip to the moon would be a telescope.

So how exactly did the US coerce every Industrialized country on the planet AND every science enthusiast with a telescope and every institution of learning on the planet? Oh, and SIMULTANEOUSLY at that.

just for bleeps and giggles, here are some "amateur" rockets built by highschoolers and college kids...

If "kids" can do this "now" with just a few thousand dollars (some cases up to $100K), what pray tell could a government do with BILLIONS of dollars at their back???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sorry Guys... this is getting nowhere.

You're not changing your view and I'm not changing mine.

Kinda like this image... don't ya think?

upload_2017-9-20_20-37-28.jpeg

This thread is come to it's frayed end.. for me anyway..

Good day, God bless.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused. If the moon landing was fake and according to you, ICBM technology is also fake, then how exactly did Russia go bankrupt in the 80s? Why would Russia spend themselves to death on a Space Program and Inter-Continental Ballistic Missiles if they were fake.

Special effects CGI work isn't cheap, you know.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Sorry Guys... this is getting nowhere.

You're not changing your view and I'm not changing mine.

Kinda like this image... don't ya think?

This thread is come to it's frayed end.. for me anyway..

Good day, God bless.

No skin off my back if you leave without being able to answer a number of outstanding questions.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,626.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No skin off my back if you leave without being able to answer a number of outstanding questions.
Seriously.... you don't read a single thing I post do you.......

I will not be able to post any information that will change your mind, convince you, alter your view, make you go "ahhhhh now I see"... nothing.... nada....... zip...... zero........zilch.........nic.....rien.....niekas......

So............I'm done with this thread.

If there was more than the three of us left... maybe even 5 or six..... I might continue..

Alas.......I'm off to other more productive things....

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,206.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Seriously.... you don't read a single thing I post do you.......

I will not be able to post any information that will change your mind, convince you, alter your view, make you go "ahhhhh now I see"
Wouldn't be a real issue if there were actual facts backing up the opinions you're claiming.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
For all you doubters watch the Elon Musk speech from Adelaide. This is happening folks.

I love him, but man he is not the best public speaker. His presentation was almost painful to watch but it was so awesome I almost didn't care.

Falcon Heavy launch date set Feb 6th 2018. Tommorrow!! :)

that is awesome, can't wait to watch!!!

Thanks for the notice :)

Reactions: mindlight
Upvote 0