Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Actually the Bible says: "sin is crouching at your door". So we seem to have a choice. We are clearly tested though. There seems to be no way to avoid that.

Cain was warned that 'sin is crouching at your door', that's because Cain was already a sinner. If we have a choice about whether or not we are sinners then Christ died for nothing.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Norman321

May 18, 2012
✟564.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You mean sin was crouching at the door wanting to be let out?
Some people today believe the image is like a salesman. If they can just get their big toe in the door, that can prevent you from slaming the door on them. Moses seems to be clear that we have a choice:

I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days; and that you may dwell in the land which the Lord swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them.”

Upvote 0

Norman321

May 18, 2012
✟564.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
If we have a choice about whether or not we are sinners then Christ died for nothing.
Moses wrote about "choice'. You can look in your Bible to see what Moses said. He said "choose life". Now your trying to say what? That the Bible does not say what the Bible says? We do not have a choice? We can not choose life?

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known. deu 11:26

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The better question: can we earn our way into Heaven through our own means?
I doubt most of us can be justified even by our own judgement. I found myself judging someone else before (because I don't really like them) only to realize later I'm guilty of the exact same thing. If I can't stand by my own judgement how can I ever hope stand before God.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I can't stand by my own judgement how can I ever hope stand before God.
Agreed. Good points. This reminds me of Kirk Cameroon in the Way of the Master. He points out the Ten Commandments which are God's judgement, God's standards, that says that God's ways are higher than ours & that we need Christ. Not only can we not keep God's rules, we also can't keep our own rules. Kirk should borrow notes from you & add that we even keep our own rules. This is also the reason why humans fall to the tendencies of double standards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums