Dec 23, 2004
Canada
Visit site
✟4,522.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are born sinners, not perfect, lacking Christ whom is the only One who can save, redeem, transform, & change us lawfully, internally, practically, & eternally.
Well said. I don't think that anyone in the Christian only section will disagree.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well said. I don't think that anyone in the Christian only section will disagree.
How do I invite anybody to comment on this thread? I don't want any of my threads to be limited to one particular group.

Upvote 0

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What would that do? Open it to "every" forums and subforums? That is crazy.

With my luck, well, it seems that it doesn't matter since not everybody is going to comment on my threads. So it won't be super crazy.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you have the OP backwards imo. What we do determines who we are. I mean talk is cheap etc, but if one can actually make a righteous decision while under the gun....that's legit. Hmm, is this a predestination thread in disguise?

If I do good things then I will become a good person?

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd say. Judge a tree by its fruit...

Isaiah 64:6: All of us have become like one who is unclean, &:

All our righteous acts, good works, things, stuff, actions, that we do:

Are like filthy rags; we all shrivel up like a leaf, and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wally Cleaver

Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
✟1,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
1 Peter 1:9 describe Christ as the perfect lamb without blemish or defect.

Interesting isn't it. The proverbs of Solomon are like this; in one sentence he says the rightious do xyz, but in the next he says the wicked do xyaz. So apparent contradictions often lead to precise truths.

(it takes awhile sometimes to notice the a)

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
"Who determines what we do?" I think this is a pretty deep question and it really depends on the person. We are given free will. If a child is reared in a godless family, and then decides to follow Christ. He/she seeks a better way to live and doesn't simply imitate everything that the father or mother advocates. I have members of my family who found Christ inspite of the godless examples of their father and mother. Those who are God's people will find God.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The proverbs of Solomon are like this; in one sentence he says the rightious do xyz, but in the next he says the wicked do xyaz.

That is why it's impossible: Isaiah 53:6: We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Who determines what we do?" I think this is a pretty deep question and it really depends on the person. We are given free will. If a child is reared in a godless family, and then decides to follow Christ.

Exactly: Galatians 2:20: I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Upvote 0

JoeyArnold

May 12, 2011
Portland, OR USA
✟3,449.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What's impossible?

It's impossible to do good to become good: Matthew 19:24: Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Upvote 0

Wally Cleaver

Feb 9, 2012
U.S.
✟1,036.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's impossible to do good to become good: Matthew 19:24: Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

That's an interesting choice of scripture. I auto assume bad (wicked even) on the rich folk fwiw.

Upvote 0

Calminian

Senior Veteran
Feb 14, 2005
Low Dessert
✟49,695.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We are born sinners, not perfect, lacking Christ whom is the only One who can save, redeem, transform, & change us lawfully, internally, practically, & eternally.

You are correct to a point, but I would be inclined to say the title of this thread is not entirely true. God does allow us to have limited freedoms in which He holds us accountable for our decisions.

It's interesting that you have posted this in a forum like this, as free will, purpose and morality are contradictions of strict scientific uniformitarianism. Sometimes strict calvinists make the same mistakes that naturalistic uniformitarians do.

Upvote 0