Who LOVES graveyards???

Do you go to graveyards for Genealogy Helps?

• Absolutely!!! Graveyards rock!!!

• I sometimes do

• I'd consider it

• Never thought of it...

• Not if I can help it!

• NO WAY!!! You're CREEPY for even suggesting it!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Dave

God Save The Queen!
Apr 2, 2010
Sheffield
✟25,710.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The other week, we went to a Church having found out that some ancestors had married there, just on the off chance that there may be something there (hoping to find parish records, but to no avail) and we were in the area. Right there as soon as we walked in was the headstone of the grave of my great-great grandmother and grandfather! It was amazing :D We had no idea.

Upvote 0

TrishaMurph

Sep 21, 2018
Brooklyn
✟15,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,440.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My Grandpa used to take my mother to graveyards all the time whilst doing our family history. Because of that, Mom loves going to graveyards, and she passed that love on to me! Anybody else?

I love wandering around the burial ground at the Abbey on the Island of Iona on a summer evening. Kings of Scotland buried there since 565AD.

:)

Last edited:
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Hadn't been in graveyard since visiting my dad's stone in '03 when I made a genealogy trip to Massachusetts. Visited the Colonial cemetery in Ipswich where ancestors were buried. Found Rev. Joseph Capen and his wife Priscilla's graves in Topsfield. The Union and Catholic cemeteries in Amesbury. A modern veterans section in Newburyport. And my family plot at the new cemetery in Ipswich

I found the latter to be so quaint and peaceful that I'd like to be interred there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums