Who LOVES graveyards???

Do you go to graveyards for Genealogy Helps?

• Absolutely!!! Graveyards rock!!!

• I sometimes do

• I'd consider it

• Never thought of it...

• Not if I can help it!

• NO WAY!!! You're CREEPY for even suggesting it!!!

Results are only viewable after voting.

KristyAnne

Veteran
Sep 17, 2005
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Visit site
✟9,106.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like going to graveyards, I've been to quite a few different ones searching for the graves of family members. Although unfortunately a lot of mine don't have a headstone. One of these days I'd like to get some of them headstones, just so they're not forgotten. The graves that are marked I try to tidy up a bit when I visit.

Upvote 0

The Princess Bride

Legend
Site Supporter
May 2, 2005
Georgia
✟69,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I dont mind going to them. At least the one some of my grandparents, and aunts and uncles are buried in.

That one is about 150 yrs old and has all the old timy headstones, it is pretty cool, actually. :)

I go there to think, since there is no one to talk to me. ;)

Upvote 0

JoyforJESUS

Jesus Others Yourself
Nov 28, 2006
Cumberland Maryland
✟42,655.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I do love the peace of graveyards, often a place to sit and thank God for all those you love. But, as beauitiful as they are I cant go as often as I once didn...because now haveing burried 2 children 2 sister, my parents and grand parents (all are burried all over the country) I get a bit depressed.

• Prayers
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As a child I used to have a keen interest in cemetaries, though that interest has waned since I have been to several funerals of relatives, however; graveyards are a wealth of information. There is even a cemetary back home in Texas that bears my family name!

Upvote 0

Springrain

Feb 13, 2007
✟30,266.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You know your a real genealogist when you are having fun at a graveyard. Yes, I have and once it was on the coldest windy day of the year. I was getting ready to travel the next day and I had to go dispite the weather. I was in a small town by the boarder know for its early logging and railway building days, 2,000 miles from home and I found a relative had lived there in 1901. He was a featured character in a historical book about the town. Checked it out on Ancestry.com and found him in the census. Turned out he started a family there and many of them were buried in the cemetery-my realtives! I guess I could hardly believe it until I saw the actual graveyard. So there I was on a terrible cold day in the middle of nowwhere having fun in a graveyard.

Actually, when I was a kid, I lived by a National Cemetery where there were gravestones back to the war of 1812. My friend lived with her father in the caretakers house on the property and on Halloween we had a party which included a treasure hunt in the cemetery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Meep

Cuddly Critter
May 3, 2007
✟17,076.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Springrain said:
My friend lived with her father in the caretakers house on the property and on Halloween we had a party which included a treasure hunt in the cemetery.

Haha! Sounds like a lot of fun!

I love going for walks in cemeteries because they're usually empty & very peaceful.

Upvote 0