✟151,200.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why would you want to fake it?

Most professed Christians believe it is a choice that people can make because that is what the mainstream churchianity teaches.

The Bible says otherwise.

Acting like a Christian is not important if you are not a Christian. If you are, it will not be acting.

Those who are chosen and given faith have an irresistible desire to study Scripture; just as we have an irresistible desire to learn more about a person we fall in love with. It is not acting when it's real and you don't learn all you can about someone you're in love with simply for the sake of passing muster with the people you inform about your love for them. You do it because you have sincere interest and it is irresistible.
I don't care to fake it.
By your figuring, mainstream
churches teach it, though.

A bit of true scotsmanship there.

As for what the Bible says, it says whatever
you choose to have it say.

As for your last paragraph, it's your opinion being
stated as fact.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't care to fake it.
That's what Fake it til you make it means.
By your figuring, mainstream
churches teach it, though.
Nope. Not at all what I said.
A bit of true scotsmanship there.
Yeah you mentioned that before under a different Screen Name of yours. Really oughta watch that.
As for what the Bible says, it says whatever
you choose to have it say.
Nope.

(Jesus speaking)
"You have not chosen Me, I have chosen you."
John 15:16

The Bible says it.

I have no desire, nor need, for the Bible to say anything besides what it plainly states.

You like to pretend that you are here to discuss things intelligently, but you are just here to attack and belittle Christianity any way you imagine that you can.

Why else would a professed Skeptic spend so much time on a Christian website?

Certainly not to learn anything.
As for your last paragraph, it's your opinion being
stated as fact.
No, it's a fact from Scripture (John 6:44) followed by a real-world example to help make sense of it.

How old are you? Seriously.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If it's true that we have free will, then everybody serves the exact same God...themselves. In the end it doesn't matter whether you're the addict, the priest, or the atheist, we're all doing what we freely choose to do whether we recognize that fact or not.

If you're the final arbiter of your choices, then the God that you're serving is yourself and everything else is subservient to you, not the other way around. You serve God, or drugs, or science because you choose to...ultimately you are the God that you serve.

I think your confusing the One True God with idols. They are not the same.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you aware of how many Christians do not?

My bible is also "officially approved" (by the Pope).

Yes I am aware, I am one of them.

Like tyndale said, the bible should be in the language of the people. Not some religous slang.

Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For one, the Bible declares that Faith is a gift.
Exactly where do you draw this conclusion from? Hopefully it's not Ephesians 2:8, because based upon the original Koine Greek the "gift" being referenced to in this verse isn't faith, although many people mistakenly believe that it is. But you, having studied the bible so extensively should know this.

Just for reference:

Upvote 0

Neutral Observer

Nov 25, 2022
North America
✟27,625.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think your confusing the One True God with idols. They are not the same.
I do believe that that's the problem with the very premise of this thread, that it conflates "things" with "gods" and thereby concludes that everyone serves their own unique god, but that simply isn't the case. Everyone has things that they value, or exalt, or serve, for one reason or another, be it drugs, or family, or ideology... but they're not gods, and to attempt to characterize them as such is disingenuous in my opinion.

Reactions: Estrid
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
you, having studied the bible so extensively should know this.
What I know is that there are hundreds of drones online parroting the same nonsense as you.

I don't need an article from some Wordpress.com blog site to make my case. The Bible suffices nicely.

You, and your ilk, claim Ephesians 2:8 cannot possibly mean that faith is a gift, "No way, no how!" And why is that? Why DO so many get all bent outta shape anytime somebody presents the FACT that faith is a gift from Scripture?

I'll tell ya why. Because no church (business) can operate under the presumption that faith is not a choice. They'd all go bust, belly-up. You can't SELL the churchianity that ALL are welcome by God if you admit they must be chosen, just exactly as Jesus says. John 15:16

If faith is a gift, then many modern mainstream churchian lies fall to pieces.

Let's have a look:

Here, Paul is listing the GIFTS of the Holy Spirit.

"To another FAITH ... to another the gifts of healing ... "
1 Corinthians 12:9

Here, Jude mentions the GIFT OF FAITH that was delivered unto the saints.

"... earnestly contend for the FAITH that was delivered unto the saints."
Jude 1:3

Here, Paul declares that Christians are not only GIVEN the privilege of suffering for Christ's sake, but also GIVEN the ability to believe in Him.

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake;"
Philippians 1:29

How 'bout one more.

This passage declares that it is the power of Jesus Christ that allows us to believe in God.

"[Jesus] ... was manifest in these last times for you, who by Him do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God."
1 Peter 1:20-21

Looks like you and the Jesse Morrell gang are preaching unbiblical nonsense once again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do believe that that's the problem with the very premise of this thread, that it conflates "things" with "gods" and thereby concludes that everyone serves their own unique god, but that simply isn't the case. Everyone has things that they value, or exalt, or serve, for one reason or another, be it drugs, or family, or ideology... but they're not gods, and to attempt to characterize them as such is disingenuous in my opinion.
Surely you see that you are claiming all the inanimate objects idolized and worshiped all throughout the OT not to be gods either.

How do you reconcile that?

Just FYI, a demon will accept praise and worship through absolutely any thing. And any thing that is placed before God Almighty in the life of anybody accomplishes that very goal of the devil.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It does though give many a feeling
of self righteous arrogance. For lo,
they alone were chosen by none less than
the creator of the universe to be
bearers of Truth.
I've got to say. The hairs on the back of my neck prickle up when people spell "truth" with a capital letter, when that word isn't at the front of a sentence.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It does though give many a feeling
of self righteous arrogance. For lo,
they alone were chosen by none less than
the creator of the universe to be
bearers of Truth.
One might think, but that's just not how it works.

The Holy Spirit won't have anything to do with those who are prideful.

If someone is self-righteously arrogant, they will have no discernment of Biblical Truth as they will have no Holy Spirit with which to enlighten them to it and to teach them the Scriptures.

In fact, all of the prideful professed Christians are all of those who teach and preach all the Biblical heresy because they have no means of discerning the lies that they are brainwashed to believe in churches, seminaries, Bible Universities, etc.

Those who are chosen to carry the Truth are few and far between and they have no ability to become self-righteous or arrogant about it or the Spirit would not have chosen them to begin with; and if by some crazy chance they were to become that way, the Spirit would leave them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,200.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
One might think, but that's just not how it works.

The Holy Spirit won't have anything to do with those who are prideful.

If someone is self-righteously arrogant, they will have no discernment of Biblical Truth as they will have no Holy Spirit with which to enlighten them to it and to teach them the Scriptures.

In fact, all of the prideful professed Christians are all of those who teach and preach all the Biblical heresy because they have no means of discerning the lies that they are brainwashed to believe in churches, seminaries, Bible Universities, etc.

Those who are chosen to carry the Truth are few and far between and they have no ability to become self-righteous or arrogant about it or the Spirit would not have chosen them to begin with; and if by some crazy chance they were to become that way, the Spirit would leave them.
Review your own posts for arrogance.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Review your own posts for arrogance.
You would call Jesus arrogant as well for humiliating all the evil Jews who challenged Him in the streets.

It is not arrogant to boldly speak Truth, especially among arrogant, unbelieving people.

I am respectful to those who are respectful to me.

I've been doing this for over a decade and it didn't take long at all to discover that most of the people on these sites that present heresy and lies and work, literally day and night, to diminish God's Word are not real people at all. They are shills. They are paid to silence Truth and dissuade, distract, disinform and deny all Truth by any means necessary.

THAT is who I'm dealing with and I do speak God's Truth boldly and I am always ready with Scripture to support any claims because they're not MY claims. They are God's.

If I were to step outta line, God lets me know in no uncertain terms.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Amen, the difference with the One True Almighty God as opposed to idols is He exists regardless of whether or not we believe in Him. One day people will figure that out.

Reactions: Think...
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,200.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you're a newcomer... unfortunately youthful exuberance isn't an excuse for arrogance, hopefully you'll come to understand that.
Gotta be able to recognize it first.

" How old are you (little girl) " should
be a hint for even the least alert.

ETA Calling someone "common as dirt"
is another.

No more of this is needed for me to
agree with my governments campaign to
restrict spread of such religious observance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So you're a newcomer... unfortunately youthful exuberance isn't an excuse for arrogance, hopefully you'll come to understand that.
I've been a Christian longer than I've been "doing this", but it really doesn't matter what timeframes I put on things, or what I post for that matter, you are here for the sheer purpose of twisting, and perverting, anything and everything I say into some form of insult.

Your kind is as common as dirt in this game.

Do your worst.

Upvote 0

Think...

Jun 16, 2019
South
✟13,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(STAFF EDITED)
And what does it say about someone who outright LIES and alters someone's quotes?

Almost all of you have done that to me here, but this one's the most blatant.

Mods don't do anything about it.

Now THAT is pretty telling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,042.00
Country
United States
Faith