United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God

11\25\2022

Who is your God?

For some people it is the Bible but I do not called it vain book its the Word of Truth, God Truth, and a few word its called. On it pages of truth but it is never called the Holy Bible.

Why do you think is so people have been worshiping this since 1500 AD and what is it? In 1611 the King James was wrote but the the book earlier but look at King James Bible.

The Holy Bible

Containing Old and …….

Appointed to be read in Churches

To the most high and mighty Prince James, by the grace of God, King of Great Britain, ……..

What King James doing taken credit for God word or limit it King James was limit what you believe. Search for the Truth its not just in one Book now is not written today.

Think on these things please

With love and a holy kiss blowing your way from Roy
Everyone has a god. Whether they know it or like it or not.

Many people make substances their god. Some make themselves their god. Some make cars, money, material goods their god.

There is no question that everybody has a god.

Demons accept the worship of anything you can imagine that man places before God Almighty in his heart.

That is their first and foremost agenda, to displace the praise and worship of Jesus Christ who IS the LORD God Almighty.

Every atheist, and those who embrace other religions, such as Jews who claim Jesus is not God, are all worshiping another god. It is a fact and many of these people know it good and well, but vehemently deny it and rail against anyone who speaks the Absolute Truth about these things.

Everyone has a god.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A Lutheran walks into a thread...

Then very slowly backs out of it.

-CryptoLutheran
An Orthodox walks in after you... runs the heck out. Let's hit the nearest bar and discuss theology over beer.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
First round's mine!
Anglican, Lutheran, Orthodox. I think we just need a Catholic to join us and we can start the litany to beer.

Attachments

• 1670235922345.png
    1670235922345.png
    1,021.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Most professed Christians believe it is a choice that people can make because that is what the mainstream churchianity teaches.

The Bible says otherwise.

I'm guessing you believe in predetermination then?

Those who are chosen and given faith have an irresistible desire to study Scripture; just as we have an irresistible desire to learn more about a person we fall in love with. It is not acting when it's real and you don't learn all you can about someone you're in love with simply for the sake of passing muster with the people you inform about your love for them. You do it because you have sincere interest and it is irresistible.

I would like to understand your view on being "chosen" and being given "faith", you do understand faith means "blind trust" don't you? You trust God no matter where it leads you or how it changes you?

Do you believe you're chosen? What makes you so sure?

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God

11\25\2022

Who is your God?

For some people it is the Bible but I do not called it vain book its the Word of Truth, God Truth, and a few word its called. On it pages of truth but it is never called the Holy Bible.

Why do you think is so people have been worshiping this since 1500 AD and what is it? In 1611 the King James was wrote but the the book earlier but look at King James Bible.

The Holy Bible

Containing Old and …….

Appointed to be read in Churches

To the most high and mighty Prince James, by the grace of God, King of Great Britain, ……..

What King James doing taken credit for God word or limit it King James was limit what you believe. Search for the Truth its not just in one Book now is not written today.

Think on these things please

With love and a holy kiss blowing your way from Roy

My God is not the bible but God himself (the Holy Trinity).

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do believe that that's the problem with the very premise of this thread, that it conflates "things" with "gods" and thereby concludes that everyone serves their own unique god, but that simply isn't the case. Everyone has things that they value, or exalt, or serve, for one reason or another, be it drugs, or family, or ideology... but they're not gods, and to attempt to characterize them as such is disingenuous in my opinion.

What is an Idol?
The Bible understands that idolatry extends beyond the worship of images and false gods. It is a matter of the heart, associated with pride, self-centeredness, greed, gluttony ( Php 3:19 ), and love for possessions ( Matt 6:24 ).

Taken from: What is an Idol? Idolatry Meaning from the Bible & Examples

Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I know is that there are hundreds of drones online parroting the same nonsense as you.

I don't need an article from some Wordpress.com blog site to make my case. The Bible suffices nicely.

You, and your ilk, claim Ephesians 2:8 cannot possibly mean that faith is a gift, "No way, no how!" And why is that? Why DO so many get all bent outta shape anytime somebody presents the FACT that faith is a gift from Scripture?

I'll tell ya why. Because no church (business) can operate under the presumption that faith is not a choice. They'd all go bust, belly-up. You can't SELL the churchianity that ALL are welcome by God if you admit they must be chosen, just exactly as Jesus says. John 15:16

If faith is a gift, then many modern mainstream churchian lies fall to pieces.

Let's have a look:

Here, Paul is listing the GIFTS of the Holy Spirit.

"To another FAITH ... to another the gifts of healing ... "
1 Corinthians 12:9

Here, Jude mentions the GIFT OF FAITH that was delivered unto the saints.

"... earnestly contend for the FAITH that was delivered unto the saints."
Jude 1:3

Here, Paul declares that Christians are not only GIVEN the privilege of suffering for Christ's sake, but also GIVEN the ability to believe in Him.

"For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on Him, but also to suffer for His sake;"
Philippians 1:29

How 'bout one more.

This passage declares that it is the power of Jesus Christ that allows us to believe in God.

"[Jesus] ... was manifest in these last times for you, who by Him do believe in God, that raised Him up from the dead and gave Him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God."
1 Peter 1:20-21

Looks like you and the Jesse Morrell gang are preaching unbiblical nonsense once again.

You can't just cherry-pick scripture and declare you're "chosen" by God and another person's faith is false.

Faith is blind trust. Believing in the Son of God even though we do not "see" him and following him no matter where it leads is what he's after, it takes a surrender of self that most people are not willing to do.

He calls us to salvation and then to sanctification. The first is a choice we make, the second is his work within us and through us, so that we may bare "the fruits" of the spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

Your statements appear to be egotistical and don't seem to take certain biblical truths into account.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.