Who is the FIRST member of the NEW CREATION, the Body of Christ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Scripture Reading: I Timothy 1:15-16

Who was the first member of the Body of Christ? Theologians have long debated this question, coming up with such answers as, "John the Baptist," "the Twelve Apostles," or even "Adam." While we do not question the salvation of an of these (except Judas), none of them were saved under the current administration of grace which was committed to Paul (Ephesians 3:1-2).

The Scriptures are clear that Paul's salvation was the first of its kind. "Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting" (I Timothy 1:16). That is, Paul was the first to obtain mercy during the time of God's longsuffering. When is the time of God's long suffering? It is this present dispensation of grace in which God's wrath of the tribulation period is being delayed. According to the prophecies of the Old Testament, the day of God's wrath should have come and gone long ago. But in His Grace, God postponed His wrath and revealed a secret program among the Gentiles (Romans 11:25).

Paul is the pattern of salvation today, in that he was saved by the pure grace of God even as he rebelled against Christ, It was not his obedience to the Law, or turning to God that saved him, even as these things do not save us. We, as Paul, can only be saved by believing he record God gave him, "that all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the Law of Moses" (Acts 13:39). Have you trusted the finished work of Christ for your salvation?
[/FONT]

eph3Nine

Mid Acts, Pauline, Dispy to the max!
Nov 7, 2005
In the hills of Tennessee
✟5,251.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Scriptures are clear that Paul's salvation was the first of its kind. "Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on Him to life everlasting" (I Timothy 1:16).

That is, Paul was the first to obtain mercy during the time of God's longsuffering. When is the time of God's long suffering? It is this present dispensation of grace in which God's wrath of the tribulation period is being delayed. According to the prophecies of the Old Testament, the day of God's wrath should have come and gone long ago. But in His Grace, God postponed His wrath and revealed a secret program among the Gentiles (Romans 11:25).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.