Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
"President Trump built in tax increases beginning in 2021, for nearly everyone but those at the very top."

Opinion | Republicans, Not Biden, Are About to Raise Your Taxes

Taxes was going up regardless. People say trump did such a great job with the economy but it was smoke and mirrors. Look at the deficit under trump and how it ballooned up. He said he was going to cut into the deficit but that was a lie.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
President Trump built in tax increases beginning in 2021, for nearly everyone but those at the very top.

Taxes was going up regardless. People say trump did such a great job with the economy but it was smoke and mirrors. Look at the deficit under trump and how it ballooned up. He said he was going to cut in to the deficit but that was a lie.

Post your source for that claim please.

Upvote 0

gaara4158

Gen Alpha Dad
Aug 18, 2007
United States
✟204,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bold of you to assume we’re all members of the .1% who make enough to be facing significant tax increases under Biden. Personally, my taxes skyrocketed under Trump by so much my tax bill ended up clearing out my entire savings. I had to adjust my exemptions and withholdings accordingly, and I expect under Biden to see a minimal increase in taxes while hopefully seeing much more in terms of federal benefits. But, as always, Republicans will run around like the world’s on fire now that the Democrats have the purse. Just relax while we make your life better. It’s going to be fine.

Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Reactions: Lg2000
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Bold of you to assume we’re all members of the .1% who make enough to be facing significant tax increases under Biden. Personally, my taxes skyrocketed under Trump by so much my tax bill ended up clearing out my entire savings. I had to adjust my exemptions and withholdings accordingly, and I expect under Biden to see a minimal increase in taxes while hopefully seeing much more in terms of federal benefits. But, as always, Republicans will run around like the world’s on fire now that the Democrats have the purse. Just relax while we make your life better. It’s going to be fine.

I loathe the way politicians play the tax code game. We're going to lower the tax rate but eliminate deductions that people who depend on a W4 salary depend on. Their net tax results in higher taxes. But if you are in a class that the bulk of their income is from investments, property, or say sitting on a board of directors (cough, that .1%), their tax rates get cut even more. For example, the average compensation package for board directors on an S&P 500 firm was $2.17 million How Much Do Board Directors Get Paid? | Diligent Insights

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As with most GOP presidents, 146 million Americans have been able to enjoy a bit of relief the past 4 years of not having the fruits of their labor taken from them in as much as the previous administration. In my own personal case, it amounts to about $300/mo. Considering Biden promised to cancel the Trump tax cuts, and thus raise taxes on not just the wealthy, but the rest of us as well, are you making any financial changes or preparation in the losses that are to be expected from this incoming administration?
I’m not nearly rich enough to see a tax raise under Biden. I’d be happy to pay more to pay down our debt. I took a voluntary pay cut this year to help my organization survive and I see my county the same way - those of us who can afford to contribute more, should.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
I’m not nearly rich enough to see a tax raise under Biden. I’d be happy to pay more to pay down our debt. I took a voluntary pay cut this year to help my organization survive and I see my county the same way - those of us who can afford to contribute more, should.
We need to abandon this, "I got mine," attitude seen in so much of the GOP. We need to work together and sacrifice for the good of the country.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
We need to abandon this, "I got mine," attitude seen in so much of the GOP. We need to work together and sacrifice for the good of the country.
Why... that sounds like...

COMMUNISM!!!!

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Amen, my friend. We are Americans first, then we are Republicans or Democrats or Independents. As Americans, we need to work together, despite our political affiliation, and help our country heal.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

When 146M Americans are taxed to keep the poor in systemic poverty, that's not any "good" that I'm wanting to see us pay for.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When 146M Americans are taxed to keep the poor in systemic poverty, that's not any "good" that I'm wanting to see us pay for.
That's not how any of this works.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Maybe not for every case, but I've got too many personal acquaintances/neighbors proving that's exactly how it is for many.
No one you know is taxed to keep the poor in systemic poverty. They most likely poor due to not having a valuable skillset and/or connections that will allow them better employment. Not all of this is their fault, and maintaining a valuable skillset is becoming increasingly hard. There is also the gutting of services and programs that would help them out of poverty, which is done primarily at the benefit of the wealthy.

Upvote 0

98cwitr

Lord forgive me
Apr 20, 2006
Raleigh, NC
✟449,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No one you know is taxed to keep the poor in systemic poverty. They most likely poor due to not having a valuable skillset and/or connections that will allow them better employment. Not all of this is their fault, and maintaining a valuable skillset is becoming increasingly hard. There is also the gutting of services and programs that would help them out of poverty, which is done primarily at the benefit of the wealthy.

I'm going to delve into this further when I'm off kid duty, but I must ask, how many people do you personally know that is on welfare assistance of some sort and has been for 2 years or more?

Upvote 0

Lg2000

Dec 15, 2003
L.A.
✟27,613.00
Faith
Christian
I'm going to delve into this further when I'm off kid duty, but I must ask, how many people do you personally know that is on welfare assistance of some sort and has been for 2 years or more?
I was on welfare for years , had alot of health issues where doctors signed paper work that I couldn't work , so I was exempt otherwise I would have to work or go to workshops otherwise they would cut me off . If you are over 18 you have to show proof you look for jobs and even then there is a 48 month max limit .
. They really don't give you that much . I wouldn't have been able to make it without family help.
You have to prove you looking for a job or they get you jobs.
My brother is a homeless drug addict and he got no actual money but 130 of food a month and he had to prove he was looking for jobs , go to job workshops that are mandatory .

I got 700 for a family of 3 and 500 of food assistance .
Medicare also but that's it. You really aren't living the highlife contrary to your beliefs that people on assistance are living it up.
Both of my sister's also work for the department of social services . The welfare queen is a lie .

Upvote 0