LDS "Who Is Heavenly Mother??" interview with McArthur Krishna on Saints Unscripted YouTube channel

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
This lady with the interesting name has written two children's books (one for girls, and one for boys) on the subject of 'heavenly mother', so this popular LDS YouTube channel interviews her on the topic.

The video is pure LDS propaganda (as you'd expect), but even then I find it interesting that the interviewer and the interviewee repeatedly call the kinds of defenses used by LDS here on CF (she's 'too sacred' to talk about, we don't know enough to say, etc.) "hogwash". Hmm.

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
This lady with the interesting name has written two children's books (one for girls, and one for boys) on the subject of 'heavenly mother', so this popular LDS YouTube channel interviews her on the topic.

The video is pure LDS propaganda (as you'd expect), but even then I find it interesting that the interviewer and the interviewee repeatedly call the kinds of defenses used by LDS here on CF (she's 'too sacred' to talk about, we don't know enough to say, etc.) "hogwash". Hmm.

First of all, when you label this as LDS propaganda, I know you are not serious about any kind of truth.

So again when you can reconcile the idea of worshiping Queen Mary and the concept of a Heavenly Mother, come back and we will talk again.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
First of all, when you label this as LDS propaganda, I know you are not serious about any kind of truth.

What better thing is there to call it? This YouTube channel is literally paid to the tune of $150,000 by the LDS corporation's "More Good Foundation" to produce this content. (See this video, ~ 1:19:27, where the "Who Is" data for their domain name is exposed; FYI: "Saints Unscripted" is the new name for the channel that used to be called "3 Mormons" at the time when the linked video was made.)

It is propaganda, and that is not an un-serious or unfounded claim. You not liking a word doesn't mean that it doesn't describe what this is. Grow up and discuss things like an adult, please.

So again when you can reconcile the idea of worshiping Queen Mary and the concept of a Heavenly Mother, come back and we will talk again.

You appear to think you're having this conversation right now with a Roman Catholic about Roman Catholic excesses in devotion to St. Mary, but that's very much not what this conversation is about.

When you are ready to discuss things like an adult who can defend his own religion, this thread will be here for you. Until then, please get out of my thread with this irrelevant "But other people are wrong, too, so it's okay that we teach this" kind of false equivalency that addresses absolutely nothing in the video or on the topic more generally.

I'm tired of this nonsense, Peter. I'm beginning to seriously regret taking you off my ignore list (again). Please get serious and defend your religion on its own merits for once.

• Agree
Reactions: BigDaddy4
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
What better thing is there to call it? This YouTube channel is literally paid to the tune of $150,000 by the LDS corporation's "More Good Foundation" to produce this content. (See this video, ~ 1:19:27, where the "Who Is" data for their domain name is exposed; FYI: "Saints Unscripted" is the new name for the channel that used to be called "3 Mormons" at the time when the linked video was made.)

It is propaganda, and that is not an un-serious or unfounded claim. You not liking a word doesn't mean that it doesn't describe what this is. Grow up and discuss things like an adult, please.

You appear to think you're having this conversation right now with a Roman Catholic about Roman Catholic excesses in devotion to St. Mary, but that's very much not what this conversation is about.

When you are ready to discuss things like an adult who can defend his own religion, this thread will be here for you. Until then, please get out of my thread with this irrelevant "But other people are wrong, too, so it's okay that we teach this" kind of false equivalency that addresses absolutely nothing in the video or on the topic more generally.

I'm tired of this nonsense, Peter. I'm beginning to seriously regret taking you off my ignore list (again). Please get serious and defend your religion on its own merits for once.

When your church puts out a video, or anyone in your church puts out their private video to say anything about your beliefs, would you call that propaganda?

Like I say, 1/2 of Christendom believes that Mary is the Queen of heaven. When you have reconciled that doctrine with your Christian friends, then come back to me and we will reconcile our Heavenly Mother concept.

IOW, from one adult to another, it is not nice to spit on my concepts, when your brethren in the Christian churches have similar concepts. Wrong is wrong, and right is right, but it is not right to spit on my concepts and give their or your similar concepts a pass.

Besides I have talked about Heavenly Mother ad nauseam and do not want to talk further.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Besides I have talked about Heavenly Mother ad nauseam and do not want to talk further.

DO you worship Heavenly Mother? You didn't answer that one.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When you have convinced 1/2 of Christendom that Mary is not the Queen of heaven, then come and try to convince me that our concept of Heavenly Mother is wrong.

My question must scare you. BTW, I am simply seeking clarification of your concept of Heavenly Mother.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
When you have convinced 1/2 of Christendom that Mary is not the Queen of heaven, then come and try to convince me that our concept of Heavenly Mother is wrong.

Well a great deal of non-Catholic Christianity is already there - no "queen of the Universe" ... no "Queen of Heaven" etc. And that number is about half.

So... can we have the Bible discussion on it now?

BTW - I get your point that whatever stories float around among the Mormons about their ideas of "Heavenly Mother" -- they might not exceed to any degree that form of legend/tradition that already exists among Catholics.

But my interest is less in what Catholics can think of regarding "queen of heaven' - but rather what does the Bible say?

Gal 4
24 This is allegorically speaking, for these women are two covenants: one proceeding from Mount Sinai bearing children who are to be slaves; she is Hagar. 25 Now this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia and corresponds to the present Jerusalem, for she is in slavery with her children. 26 But the Jerusalem above is free; she is our mother. 27 For it is written,
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of a bondwoman, but of the free woman.

Heb 12
18 For you have not come to a mountain that can be touched and to a blazing fire, and to darkness and gloom and whirlwind, 19 and to the blast of a trumpet and the sound of words which sound was such that those who heard begged that no further word be spoken to them. 20 For they could not bear the command, “If even a beast touches the mountain, it will be stoned.” 21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses said, “I am full of fear and trembling.” 22 But you have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to myriads of angels, 23 to the general assembly and church of the firstborn who are enrolled in heaven, and to God, the Judge of all, and to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 and to Jesus, the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood, which speaks better than the blood of Abel.

Rev 21
“Come here, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb.”
10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, 11 having the glory of God. Her brilliance was like a very costly stone, as a stone of crystal-clear jasper. 12 It had a great and high wall, with twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and names were written on them, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of Israel. 13 There were three gates on the east and three gates on the north and three gates on the south and three gates on the west. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundation stones, and on them were the twelve names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15 The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. 16 The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. 17 And he measured its wall, seventy-two yards, according to human measurements, which are also angelic measurements. 18 The material of the wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, like clear glass. 19 The foundation stones of the city wall were adorned with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation stone was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; 20 the fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; each one of the gates was a single pearl. And the street of the city was pure gold, like transparent glass.

22 I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 And the city has no need of the sun or of the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God has illumined it, and its lamp is the Lamb. 24 The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their glory into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

One of these things is not like the others
One of these things just doesn't belong
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: drstevej
Upvote 0