✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Absolute unbelievable rubbish.
This sci-fi belief of going to live in heaven and returning with Christ, is a fable that can never happen.
Even just thinking it could be possible, demonstrates a serious lack of Bible understanding and of our role in God's Plan for mankind.

In no way does Jesus destroy the world when He Returns. He comes to rule over it.
2Corinthains12:

2 I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth ; ) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

3 And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth ; )

4 How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

He was not taken to New Zealand, keras.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟608,766.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What scripture makes clear is that life is very short and that we pass away very quickly. That's the one absolute certainty that we need to be prepared for. Thousands of people who thought all about the rapture and the tribulation, have long since had their lives required of them. Your "rapture" could come at any second by way of heart attack or stoke or aneurysm or accident etc.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Paul wasn’t even sure if he was in the body or not . But Paul absolutely did not go to heaven to live. He came back to finish his ministry and later physically died.
The point is that he went to the third heaven - which contradicts keras's view is that humans cannot go there.

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟108,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The point is that he went to the third heaven - which contradicts keras's view is that humans cannot go there.
Yes we agree Paul went to heaven , we also probably agree that when the Christian dies the spirit goes to heaven. But we disagree on a return trip for resurrected believers. It appears I am the middle man here agreeing with both you and Keras on some issues and disagreeing with both on others. But then again all three of us may be considered the middle man. Do you really believe anyone of us has this 100% correct? I doubt it but we all probably believe we do . I do appreciate debate with you and I never intend to make it personal. If I slip on that call me out. God Bless

• Friendly
Reactions: Douggg
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,262.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So did John; Revelation 4:1. But they never went to live in heaven, just an individual and spiritual experience, that cannot be taken as proof for a general removal of the Church to heaven. That belief is wrong and makes your entire end times beliefs hopelessly in error.

Postview, I do not make my replies personal. But I do my best to fight against the wrong beliefs that people promote.
Douggg and I have battelled out these issues for years now. He is a very tolerant man, also a very intransigent one!

The basic problem that the believers in a 'rapture to heaven' have, is they are telling God what they want Him to do for them. Instead of saying: Lord, not my will but yours be done.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
For many years the fear of "missing the rapture" has been used as a tool of evangelism.
That's not evangelism. That's called scare tactics.

For it to be evangelism it has to involve the Evangel.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟564,216.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That's not evangelism. That's called scare tactics.

For it to be evangelism it has to involve the Evangel.

-CryptoLutheran
I know God draws men to Him. But I do not think He uses fear to do it. It would seem fear drives people away.

Upvote 0