Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Marilyn

Gog and his horde will be buried in land now belonging to Jordan:

On that day I will give Gog a burial place in Israel, in the valley of those who travel east of the [Dead] Sea. It will block the way of travelers, because Gog and all his hordes will be buried there. (Ezekiel 39:11)

Prior to the Gog war, the land of Jordan will become a possession of Judah resulting from the Psalms 83 war between the Jews (Judah, Levi and Benjamin) and Jordan (aka Edom, Moab and Ammon).

The Essenes, of the Dead Sea Scrolls, corroborate this saying that after the Jews return from their exile in the wilderness of the Peoples, to their camp in the wilderness of Jerusalem, that they would first battle the Jordanians and then the forces of Belial.

After their exile, Judah's first encounter would be with Assyria allied with Edom, Moab and Ammon (Psalms 83). Then their final battles involves both men and demons - the armies of Belial and the kings of the North. Universal peace and joy would follow this.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/portrait/scrolltranslation.html

When the king of the North invades the Beautiful Land, the land of Jordan (Edom, Moab and Ammon) will be delivered from his hand, since Jordan will belong to Judah after Psalms 83.

He will also invade the Beautiful Land. Many countries will fall, but Edom, Moab and the leaders of Ammon will be delivered from his hand (Daniel 11:41)

BTW The Essenes were a strict Torah observant, Messianic, apocalyptic, baptist, wilderness, new covenant Jewish sect...They thought of themselves as the holy ones, because "the Holy Spirit" dwelt with them (CenturyOne Bookstore)

Bob..

Hi saint2,

Thank you for your comments. Now I was actually asking Straightshot about the burial, for if he thinks `Gog`is Satan then how can it be buried. Anyway he has clarified, to some degree saying that it is the `human followers,` of Satan, but still saying Gog is Satan. (?)

BTW I do believe that the Psalm 83 war was the 6 day war, many years ago. The Psalm clearly gives those who came against Israel.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Now I was wondering why you think this war has to do with the Middle East nations. Is it because you see this as Armageddon?"

All of the prophets' visions are focused upon the land of Israel in the midst of the adjacent and surrounding populations of the Middle East proper .... and the scope includes things of past fulled prophecy, and the same for those things which have not been fulfilled .... in the same region

Ezekiel identifies the early settlements shortly after the flood by their ancient names and essentially before their migrations out of the Middle East .... these lands are still there today even though borders have been changed .... so the Lord is careful to identify the participants by the early names for correct location at the time of the end of this present age

Russia was not a nation at the time and is not a part of the vision .... then, or today

These lands are primarily all inhabited by the adherents of the Islamic religion today .... and there is a link to them related to the controversy between Abraham's off spring of Issac/Jacob/Israel .... and Ishmael/Esau/Edom

This same controversy is still on going as we speak and the settlement will come by the Lord's intervention at the battle of Armageddon

The root populations of the Babylonians, Assyrians, Turks, Persians, Arabians, Egyptians, etc. are still there and mixed today

The Lord is addressing Satan as [gog] in the vision [Ezekiel 38:17] ... and Satan is also addressed as gog related to another human rebellion 1000 years later [Revelation 20:7-10]

Ezekiel 38; 39 views an attack upon a regathered Israel in the land of Israel at the time of the end at the middle of the 70th week decreed for the nation .... and the battle of Armageddon will come 1260 days later [Revelation 14:14-20; 16:1-16; 19:11-21]

"Also can you explain how Gog is buried in Israel? (Ez. 39: 11)"

Satan's [gog's] entire ploy through his beast in the little horn and his human followers of Daniel's visions will fail .... it is not Satan [gog] who will be buried, but the human followers of his failed ambition [39:11-16]

Fallen angels cannot be killed and buried for elimination, and Satan [gog] will live on to cause the next human rebellion 1000 years later

The only way to kill a fallen angel is to cast one into the Lord's lake of fire ... thus shall it be Satan's fate at the ending of his second instigation [Revelation 20:10]

Hi Straightshot,

Thanks for your view. I do see some things different from you - especially that God does speak of other powers besides those in the Middle East. I`m sure that point will come up when I post some of my threads. Hope you will share there.

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
BTW I do believe that the Psalm 83 war was the 6 day war, many years ago. The Psalm clearly gives those who came against Israel
Marilyn, a complete fulfillment of Psalms 83 demands that the Arab nations surrounding Israel be completely subdued.

One result will be that the land of Jordan becomes a possession of Israel for the later burial of Gog and his multitude east of the Dead Sea.

On that day I will give to Gog a place for burial in Israel, the Valley of the Travelers, east of the sea. It will block the travelers, for there Gog and all his multitude will be buried (Ezekiel 39:11)

This subduing of Israel's Arab neighbors will be in answer to Asaph's prayer in Psalms 83:9

Do to them as you did to Midian, as to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon, who were destroyed at En-dor, who became dung for the ground (Psalms 83:9-10)

So Midian was subdued before the people of Israel, and they raised their heads no more. And the land had rest forty years in the days of Gideon (Judges 8:28)

Jeremiah prophesied about this coming punishment of Israel and her circumcised neighbors.

Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will punish all those who are circumcised merely in the flesh -- Egypt, Judah, Edom, the sons of Ammon, Moab, and all who dwell in the desert who cut the corners of their hair, for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in heart (Jeremiah 9:25-26)

Bob..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marilyn, a complete fulfillment of Psalms 83 demands that the Arab nations surrounding Israel be completely subdued.

One result will be that the land of Jordan becomes a possession of Israel for the later burial of Gog and his multitude east of the Dead Sea.

On that day I will give to Gog a place for burial in Israel, the Valley of the Travelers, east of the sea. It will block the travelers, for there Gog and all his multitude will be buried (Ezekiel 39:11)

This subduing of Israel's Arab neighbors will be in answer to Asaph's prayer in Psalms 83:9

Do to them as you did to Midian, as to Sisera and Jabin at the river Kishon, who were destroyed at En-dor, who became dung for the ground (Psalms 83:9-10)

So Midian was subdued before the people of Israel, and they raised their heads no more. And the land had rest forty years in the days of Gideon (Judges 8:28)

Jeremiah prophesied about this coming punishment of Israel and her circumcised neighbors.

Behold, the days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will punish all those who are circumcised merely in the flesh -- Egypt, Judah, Edom, the sons of Ammon, Moab, and all who dwell in the desert who cut the corners of their hair, for all these nations are uncircumcised, and all the house of Israel are uncircumcised in heart (Jeremiah 9:25-26)

Bob..

Hi saint2,

I agree with you that `a complete fulfilment of Psalm 83 requires that the Arab nations surrounding Israel be completely subdued,` as you said. However.....scripture does not at that time say WHEN that will happen. God often says something in scripture & then in the next sentence jumps a time period.

Now it seems you think that the Ezekiel 38/39 war is the same as the Psalm 83 war. I don`t see it that way. Different combatants don`t you think?

regards, Marilyn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
My comment

The Psalms 83 account relates to the specific Muslim states adjacent to Israel

Ezekiel's view adds the broader inclusions of the Muslim Middle East

The same Lord speaks in both and the controversy is the same which will lead to the battle of Armageddon

The Muslims will be sorely defeated .... and Israel will be left standing

Neither vision has ever been fulfilled as described .... all of this is scheduled for the time of Jacob's trouble still to come .... the showdown between the Lord and the devil, and the victory of Israel over their Middle Eastern enemies

The stage for all of this is setting up as we speak

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now it seems you think that the Ezekiel 38/39 war is the same as the Psalm 83 war. I don`t see it that way. Different combatants don`t you think?
Marilyn, I do think different combatants are involved. The Psalms 83 war involves those Arab nations now having common borders with Israel. Whereas the Ezekiel 38/39 war involves those far away nations from the four corners of the world centered on Jerusalem.

The coming sequence of events I see Israel faces are:

1) Zechariah 14:2-3 war with all nations gathered against Jerusalem

2) Hosea 2:14-15 exile in the wilderness where Jews are finally redeemed Micah 4:10

3) Psalms 83 war with Arab nations bordering Israel

4) Ezekiel 38:5-6 war with distant nations from the four corners of the world

I believe the Ezekiel 38:5-6 war is identical to the Revelation 20:7-8 war.
Ezekiel 38/39 gives a more detailed account of the more abbreviated account given in Revelation 20

In both accounts, Gog attacks Jerusalem with nations coming from the four corners of the world, North, South, East and West of Jerusalem as I explained in an earlier post:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...re-not-the-same-events.7953606/#post-69806920

Bob..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marilyn, I do think different combatants are involved. The Psalms 83 war involves those Arab nations now having common borders with Israel. Whereas the Ezekiel 38/39 war involves those far away nations from the four corners of the world centered on Jerusalem.

The coming sequence of events I see Israel faces are:

1) Zechariah 14:2-3 war with all nations gathered against Jerusalem

2) Hosea 2:14-15 exile in the wilderness where Jews are finally redeemed Micah 4:10

3) Psalms 83 war with Arab nations bordering Israel

4) Ezekiel 38:5-6 war with distant nations from the four corners of the world

I believe the Ezekiel 38:5-6 war is identical to the Revelation 20:7-8 war.
Ezekiel 38/39 gives a more detailed account of the more abbreviated account given in Revelation 20

In both accounts, Gog attacks Jerusalem with nations coming from the four corners of the world, North, South, East and West of Jerusalem as I explained in an earlier post:

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...re-not-the-same-events.7953606/#post-69806920

Bob..

Hi saint2, (& Straightshot)

I see that we do agree on some of this - Ps. 83 & Ez 38 as different wars. Here is my summary of how I see the 3 wars.

Ps. 83 The 6 day War / Israel

Edom, Moab, Ammon, - Jordan
Hagarenes, Amalek, Philistines, - Egypt
Ishmalites, - Arabia
Gebal, Tyre. - Lebanon
Assur (Assyria) - Syria & Iraq

Outcome: dismayed & humiliated. (Ps. 83: 17)

Ezekiel 38 & 39 Russian War / Israel

Rosh - Russia
Persia - Iran
Ethiopia - Ethiopia
Libya - Libya
Gomer & Togarmah - Southern republics of Russia & Slovacs of Eastern Europe

(Note: All the latter are part of the C.I.S. Commonwealth of Independent States in full cooperation with Russia.)

Outcome: 5/6ths of army killed. (Ez. 39: 2)

Revelation 16: 14 – 16 Armageddon / Israel

The Whole World`s Armies
Outcome: wiped out.(Zech.14: 12 Rev.19: 17-20)

regards Marilyn.

Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi saint2, (& Straightshot)

I see that we do agree on some of this - Ps. 83 & Ez 38 as different wars. Here is my summary of how I see the 3 wars.

Ps. 83 The 6 day War / Israel

Edom, Moab, Ammon, - Jordan
Hagarenes, Amalek, Philistines, - Egypt
Ishmalites, - Arabia
Gebal, Tyre. - Lebanon
Assur (Assyria) - Syria & Iraq

Outcome: dismayed & humiliated. (Ps. 83: 17)

Ezekiel 38 & 39 Russian War / Israel

Rosh - Russia
Persia - Iran
Ethiopia - Ethiopia
Libya - Libya

(Note: All the latter are part of the C.I.S. Commonwealth of Independent States in full cooperation with Russia.)

Revelation 16: 14 – 16 Armageddon / Israel

The Whole World`s Armies
Outcome: wiped out.(Zech.14: 12 Rev.19: 17-20)

regards Marilyn.
Marilyn, keeping this in the confines of the OP, who is Gog?

What relationship do you see between the Gog of the OT and the Gog of the NT?

Bob..

Upvote 0

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marilyn, keeping this in the confines of the OP, who is Gog?

What relationship do you see between the Gog of the OT and the Gog of the NT?

Bob..

Hi saint2,

Thank you for asking. I see `Gog,`
- as the northern Federation, (Ez. 38: 6, 17, 39: 2)"Uttermost or extreme parts of the North."
- & the chief Prince of Meshech & Tubal, as the representative of that Federation in that far northern region.

This title, `Gog,` is also used, as we know in Rev. 20: 8 referring again to a large Federation of peoples in that Northern quarter of the world.

(Symbolically the North is regarded as God`s throne, (highest heaven where Satan desired to set his throne. Isa. 14: 13).
So it could be, (just my thoughts) that on earth this is where Satan starts to gather the nations for the final war.)

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
My comment

The confusion above is the failure to recognize that Satan is addressed as "gog"

That it is the "land" of Magog that defines location .... still there today .... the region, not the people

And if you know anything about ancient history you can determine where this "land" is today .... it has not moved and is still in the same place as it was

And this land has served as the core region of satanic nesting since Magog and his brothers were driven out over the Caucasus mountain range by the ancient Assyrians

The next occupiers were the Assyrians [northern Babylonians] who ruled the Middle East for 1500 years ... then the southern Babylonians came and took the kingdom, and this regime was replaced by the Persians

Then came Alexander the Great who conquered the Middle East but never ruled it .... his holdings split into two significant regions presented in the scope of the related prophecies ... the northern Seleucid which contained the "land" of Magog and Egypt in the south

These two rival kingdoms were never reconciled and remained rivals, one north and one south if Israel .... the kings of the north attempted to conquer Egypt but failed .... Antiochus IV was the last of the king of the north [Daniel 11:21-35]

The vision then jumps to the time of the end of this present age and another king of the same region is in view .... this king is the little horn of [Daniel 7; 8; 11:36-45; 12:7]

The Lord is tracking Satan's meddling with human empires and their kings from shortly after the flood all the way to the time of the end .... and He pinpoints the region of the little horn's rising

This one of whom some call the "anti-christ" is Satan's [gog's] human ruler that arise in the ancient land of Magog which today is inhabited by the Muslims of the Middle East, principally the region of Iraq and Syria .... northwestern Mesopotamia located directly south of Mount Ararat

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1395908,41.5637491,6z

Specifically the region of the core of the ancient Assyrian Empire at Nineveh on the Tigris River [Mosul, Iraq today]

All of this has to do with Satan's [gog's] rebellion against the Lord through human intransigence, and it is the Middle East where the drama is revealed in the prophetic scriptures

There are 7 Middle Eastern kingdoms of Satan's musterings presented in the scope of the prophets visions from the flood going forward: Magog's, and the subsequent kingdoms of the Assyrians, neo-Babylonians, Persians, Seleucid .... and the coming smaller kingdom of the little horn at the time of the end of this present age, and his greater expanded/divided kingdom with 10 other appointed kings

We can see that Satan's ploy presented in Ezekiel 38; 39 will end in abject failure at the battle of Armageddon, his entire mustering will be buried by Israel, and he will be sent to the abyss for 1000 years so that he cannot interact with the human populations of the Lord's coming millennial kingdom

The devil's mustering of the current Muslim populations of the Middle East for attacking the Lord's nation of Israel at the end of this present age will be followed by another failed attempt when he is released 1000 years later .... and he will be eliminated in the Lord's lake of fire

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My comment

The confusion above is the failure to recognize that Satan is addressed as "gog"

That it is the "land" of Magog that defines location .... still there today .... the region, not the people

And if you know anything about ancient history you can determine where this "land" is today .... it has not moved and is still in the same place as it was

And this land has served as the core region of satanic nesting since Magog and his brothers were driven out over the Caucasus mountain range by the ancient Assyrians

The next occupiers were the Assyrians [northern Babylonians] who ruled the Middle East for 1500 years ... then the southern Babylonians came and took the kingdom, and this regime was replaced by the Persians

Then came Alexander the Great who conquered the Middle East but never ruled it .... his holdings split into two significant regions presented in the scope of the related prophecies ... the northern Seleucid which contained the "land" of Magog and Egypt in the south

These two rival kingdoms were never reconciled and remained rivals, one north and one south if Israel .... the kings of the north attempted to conquer Egypt but failed .... Antiochus IV was the last of the king of the north [Daniel 11:21-35]

The vision then jumps to the time of the end of this present age and another king of the same region is in view .... this king is the little horn of [Daniel 7; 8; 11:36-45; 12:7]

The Lord is tracking Satan's meddling with human empires and their kings from shortly after the flood all the way to the time of the end .... and He pinpoints the region of the little horn's rising

This one of whom some call the "anti-christ" is Satan's [gog's] human ruler that arise in the ancient land of Magog which today is inhabited by the Muslims of the Middle East, principally the region of Iraq and Syria .... northwestern Mesopotamia located directly south of Mount Ararat

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.1395908,41.5637491,6z

Specifically the region of the core of the ancient Assyrian Empire at Nineveh on the Tigris River [Mosul, Iraq today]

All of this has to do with Satan's [gog's] rebellion against the Lord through human intransigence, and it is the Middle East where the drama is revealed in the prophetic scriptures

There are 7 Middle Eastern kingdoms of Satan's musterings presented in the scope of the prophets visions from the flood going forward: Magog's, and the subsequent kingdoms of the Assyrians, neo-Babylonians, Persians, Seleucid .... and the coming smaller kingdom of the little horn at the time of the end of this present age, and his greater expanded/divided kingdom with 10 other appointed kings

We can see that Satan's ploy presented in Ezekiel 38; 39 will end in abject failure at the battle of Armageddon, his entire mustering will be buried by Israel, and he will be sent to the abyss for 1000 years so that he cannot interact with the human populations of the Lord's coming millennial kingdom

The devil's mustering of the current Muslim populations of the Middle East for attacking the Lord's nation of Israel at the end of this present age will be followed by another failed attempt when he is released 1000 years later .... and he will be eliminated in the Lord's lake of fire
Hi Straightshot

It seems to me that the relationship between Gog, the prince of Meshech and Tubal, and Satan is akin to the relationship between the Prince of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:1-10) and the King of Tyre (Ezekiel 28:11-19)

Every prince is subject to a higher ruler. Therefore IMO prince Gog is subject to Satan and they are two separate beings.

SS, your description of Israel's encounter with the Gog of Ezekiel sounds like the encounter they will have with the combatants in the Psalms 83 war. You believe this encounter will be mostly with the circumcised Muslim nations south of Mount Araret. You also see this Gog encounter as immanent involving the little horn and Armageddon too. I hope I stated that correctly.

My thinking was that this Gog of Ezekiel 38/39 encounter would be mainly with the uncircumcised nations of the world including those nations far north beyond Mount Ararat, BUT IMO this encounter will not be for another 1000 years or so from now. And I see Armageddon as even further into the future, perhaps thousands of years from now after our Lord's Messianic reign of thousands of years Psalms 105:7-11

Bob..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
Satan is the one who does stand behind human kingdoms and their kings as you mention [Ezekiel 28] .... the devil is the one addressed .... the prince of tyre

In fact Satan is the "god" of this world and meddles with all human governments

In the case of the Middle East, this particular region is the focus of the Bible prophets with regard for Israel and the surrounding peoples who inhabited the same ..... after the flood, and today

Satan [gog] is called the prince of Mesheck and Tubal .... these two brothers of Magog's were a further outgrowth of a flourishing materialistic, merchandising, and trading center that Satan managed to deceive and control, driving them into further rebellion against the Lord .... the vortex of this culture included parts of today's Syria, Turkey, Iraq, and Iran before migrations to other parts of the earth

These populations are primarily of the Muslim faith today, both near Israel and further away .... from the north quarters south of the Caucasus divide, to the south of the African continent, and eastward to the borders of India

Satan's near term ploy will be to attack Israel through the above peoples, and except for a short occupation of Israel, his entire onslaught will be destroyed at the battle of Armageddon

He will then be incapacitated [restrained] and unable to interact with any of humanity .... to be released 1000 years later for deceiving the rebelling nations of the millennium who will come from all directions on the earth to attack Israel again

So Satan [gog] is the same perpetrator in both settings .... the rebelling nations are symbolically called "magog" after those who inhabited the "land" of Magog during about 500 years after the flood .... the term magog means "all" of gog.... all of Satan's mustering involved in his ambition to usurp the Lord and to destroy His nation of Israel

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,069.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Gog of Ezekiel 38/39 is not Satan or even motivated by Satan. He is the leader of a Northern confederation of nations, of which Russia is obviously one. So he could be Putin, but I doubt that, as this attack is a few years away yet.
God motivates him to the attack, not of the State of Israel as it is today, but of the new nation of Beulah, Isaiah 62:1-5, that will be established in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 37:8 & 11 All the Lord's righteous people, as per Ezekiel 20:34-38, Isaiah 35:1-10, Zechariah 10:8-10 plus many other prophesies of how the Lord will clear the Land, Psalms 83:1-15, Deuteronomy 34:22, 34-35, 43 and His people will go to live there.
The Gog/Magog mentioned in Revelation 20:8 is just used as a metaphor for a vast army, this time led by Satan. They are cremated totally and Satan is thrown into the Lake of Fire.
The Gog an his army of Ezekiel are killed by various means and their bodies remain to be eaten by birds and animals, then buried in what is now called Wadi Mujib, a great canyon- tourist attraction [I have been there] in Jordan.

The idea of the first Gog being Satan is wrong and it leads to a misunderstanding of who it is he attacks. Note they are a people living in peace, without defense's....

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"The idea of the first Gog being Satan is wrong"

You are a very confused person about many biblical truths including this subject

Satan is the one [Ezekiel 38:17] that the Lord is addressing who will muster the coming attack against Israel

.... and the same devil will try it again 1000 years later

Very easy to see

Satan at the end of this present age .... and Satan again at the end of the Lord's coming millennial kingdom

He is called "gog" ..... gog's mustering of human rebellion against the Lord "magog"

.... not Russian, not Putin

Neither of these selections will exist over 1000 years to attack again

Only Satan can live as long .... Putin will not, and the Russia will not

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Marilyn C

Pre-tribulation.
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2013
Victoria
✟600,087.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Marilyn, I couldn't sleep so I decided to respond to your post. IOW I believe you're saying that when Gog is buried in Israel they are not burying an individual but they are burying a federation of peoples?

This federation probably has a leader but I believe you would be saying that this leader of Gog in the OT is different from the leader of Gog in the NT is that right?

Wait. In the OT, Gog is the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal coming from the land of Magog. While in the NT, Gog is just associated with Magog, but I would guess he's probably a chief prince here too.

There's other similarities like they both go after the people of God in Jerusalem. Both involve a huge multitude from all over the world. Both invade the breadth of the earth. And both multitudes are consumed by fire... But where are the differences?

Just the musings of an old man..

Bob..

Hi saint2,

I think your musings are just fine. It`s good to talk it through & then details come to light. Now the different I would say between the Northern Federation (`Gog,`Ez.) & the Northern Federation (`Gog,`Rev.)is
- obviously separated by time,
- the combatants that come with them are different.

Gog - Ezekiel 38 & 39 Russian War / Israel

Rosh - Russia
Persia - Iran
Ethiopia - Ethiopia
Libya - Libya

Gog, Revelation.

`Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison & he will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog & Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea.` (Rev. 20: 7 & 8)

I see that Gog & Magog here, go out under the inspiration of Satan, to gather the nations of the world.

Outcome: `And fire came down from heaven & devoured them.` (Rev. 20: 9)

regards, Marilyn.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,069.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You are a very confused person about many biblical truths including this subject
Your opinion, made only because I challenge your beliefs. Your theories, that scripture does not support.
Ezekiel 38:17 does not mention Satan, only a human person, a strong leader that God will use in order to show Himself powerful, Ezekiel 38:23 and to make Himself known to His people, Ezekiel 39:7 & 21-23
The only certain other mention of this attack and God's response is in
Joel 2:20 I shall remove the Northern peril far from you, banish them into the arid wastes. The vanguard into the Eastern sea and the rearguard into the Western sea. [the Dead sea and the Mediterranean respectively] The Lord has done great things!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bobgf

Site Supporter
Jan 20, 2008
Ohio
✟152,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Now the different I would say between the Northern Federation (`Gog,`Ez.) & the Northern Federation (`Gog,`Rev.)is
- obviously separated by time,
Marilyn, the separation in time between Gog of the OT Ezekiel 38:4-6 and Gog of the NT Revelation 20:7-8 is not so obvious to me, so what am I missing that is so obvious to you?

The NT gives insight to the OT. The only clue we have as to the time of Ezekiel 38/39 invasion of Israel comes from Revelation 19:11-20:10. Here Revelation shows that Gog's invasion will come 1000 years after the little horn is subdued by Christ, or after earth's 7th millennium.

Remember God swore his sabbatical rest was only for the people of God Hebrews 4:3 This excludes those Jews whose hearts have not be circumcised.

It's only after Gog's invasion that God will no longer hide His face from the house of Israel Ezekiel 39:29 God will afterwards make a new covenant with them Jeremiah 31:31-34 and pour out His spirit on the whole house of Israel.

The Jews are circumcised on the 8th day probably symbolizing that their hearts also would not be circumcised until earth's 8th millennial day.

--------------------------
BTW in both accounts the combatants are the same.

Bob..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"The only certain other mention of this attack and God's response is in
Joel 2:20 I shall remove the Northern peril far from you, banish them into the arid wastes. The vanguard into the Eastern sea and the rearguard into the Western sea. [the Dead sea and the Mediterranean respectively] The Lord has done great things!"

You are right about linking Joel 2:20 .... but there are a number of other scriptural accounts of the same that you need to find .... like this one [Micah 5:5-6]

Upvote 0

Straightshot

Feb 13, 2015
✟16,234.00
Faith
Christian
"the separation in time between Gog of the OT Ezekiel 38:4-6 and Gog of the NTRevelation 20:7-8 is not so obvious to me"

Would suggest that you check the outcomes of these two different rebellions set 1000 years apart .... very different

For example: no bird food and no burying by Israel to cleanse the land in the second as at the battle of Armageddon in the first .... and in the millennial world the constituents will already know who the Lord is ... this will be revealed in the first

Upvote 0