WHO IS GOD'S TRUE CHURCH ACCORDING TO GOD'S WORD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No sister we are all God's children here and God has time and loves all of us. ;)
God bless

I think I know what your reply will be, but I will ask anyway. Can I be saved? For I fully understand what the wording of the fourth commandment states and its application for the Israelites under the old covenant. So I do not see how I can be sinning in ignorance of it. I have no conviction of sin whatsoever in not following a specific Saturday sabbath, so have never repented of not keeping it. Can I still be in a saved state in your view?

• Useful
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Cis.jd

Dec 3, 2015
New York, NY
✟140,465.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
One of my favourite scriptures.

2 PETER 1:20-21
[20], Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of one's own interpretation. [21], For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

For me these scriptures are saying that God's WORD interprets it's own meaning. Scripture interprets the scriptures by the Spirit of God. The NEW COVENANT promise is that God wants to be our teacher and guide us in to all truth as we seek him for it through his WORD and by his Spirit. *HEBREWS 8:11; JOHN 14:26; 16:13: 17:17: 8:31-36. These scriptures are pointing all to JESUS and his WORD and the promise of God's Spirit to be our teacher and guide in God's WORD as long as we continue in God's WORD believing and following it *JOHN 8:31-36.

I have to go for now brother I will be back latter though.

Hope this is helpful

God bless

Thanks again. I don't think I need to post or ask you to quote 1st Cor 11:2 since I believe we have talked about this verse in the past.. anyway, do you also subscribe to the Talmud?

When you get back, before you reply to me post. I would like to show you a part of this video. You don't have to watch all of it, at least 20 seconds at 8:34 is fine.
Anyway, this person makes a Catholic family tree (or flow chart) -- and he puts the Seventh Day Adventist under, apparently its better to be a Baptist because all the denominations (including SDA) are still holding on to stuff from "Mama"?
But Baptists worship on Sunday? Can I ask why he thinks your denomination follows the traditions of men (Catholics)?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think I know what your reply will be, but I will ask anyway. Can I be saved? For I fully understand what the wording of the fourth commandment states and its application for the Israelites under the old covenant. So I do not see how I can be sinning in ignorance of it. I have no conviction of sin whatsoever in not following a specific Saturday sabbath, so have never repented of not keeping it. Can I still be in a saved state in your view?

Hi Sister Karola, aplogies I had to go out before getting a chance to respond to your post here. Sorry for the delay.

Of course God love you sister and all mankind. You know the scriptures.

JOHN 3:16-21
[16], For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17], For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18], He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20], For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
[21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God.

Now I know everyone knows and loves these scriptures but there is so much truth in them.

Salvation is conditional on us believing and following God's WORD as the scriptures say v18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

JESUS is the WORD of GOD *JOHN 1:1-4; 14; They called his name JESUS [the WORD OF GOD] because he shall save his people from their sins *MATTHEW 1:21.

So the scriptures here teach the WORD of GOD is our Saviour. If we do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW the scripture the WORD of God cannot save us *JOHN 3:18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. If we do not believe that the Word of God is our Saviour than we are condemned by God's WORD because we have chosen to reject it. We are condemned if we reject the Word of God. If this is the case come judgment day God's WORD rejects and condemns us *JOHN 3:18; JOHN 12:47-48.

So it is by rejecting God's WORD when God gives us a knowledge of the truth that we are held accountable to God. At this time we can harden our hearts at which time resisting God's HOLY Spirit can lead us away from God's WORD so that we reject the Word of God to become UNBELIEVERS. If your unbelief leads you into sin than sin will separate you from God.

2 PETER 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

JESUS LOVE us so much they he gave his life for all of us because he is not willing that any one of us should be lost or perish. Our probation is not closed until we die or just before the 2nd coming so there is hope for all to seek GOD with all their heart to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

Salvation is conditional however on BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD and continuing in God's WORD *JOHN 3:16-21; JOHN 8:31-36

GOD'S ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. IF you are not a part of God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 11:16-27.

God warns us in many places to not reject his WORD and become an UNBELIEVER as it leads us to fall away from God.

HEBREWS 3:12 Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

REVELATION 21:7-8
[7], He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. [8], But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

God bless you sister, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks again. I don't think I need to post or ask you to quote 1st Cor 11:2 since I believe we have talked about this verse in the past.. anyway, do you also subscribe to the Talmud?

When you get back, before you reply to me post. I would like to show you a part of this video. You don't have to watch all of it, at least 20 seconds at 8:34 is fine.
Anyway, this person makes a Catholic family tree (or flow chart) -- and he puts the Seventh Day Adventist under, apparently its better to be a Baptist because all the denominations (including SDA) are still holding on to stuff from "Mama"?
But Baptists worship on Sunday? Can I ask why he thinks your denomination follows the traditions of men (Catholics)?

Hello Brother Cis.jd, sorry shopping day for us today. I had a look at your video. There is a lot of misinformation in it, so for me, I would not put too much faith in it if I was you. He has the SDA Church coming from the Anglican Church and the Puritans. This has no truth in it whatsoever. Actually the SDA church came from many different Church's of the day mainly from the Baptists but also others that were a part of the Millerite movement of the mid 1800's. That being said the SDA Church never came into being until around 1863. So the guy in the video has his facts all wrong. If the informaiton about the SDA Church is wrong it would not be hard to think a lot of the other information he has provided about the other Churches may also be wrong as well. I cannot tell you what his thinking may or may not be I do not know anything about him. I will say though as mentioned earlier. There is nothing wrong with man made traditions as long as they do not lead you away from God's WORD to forsake God and break his Commandments.

God bless brother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Sister Karola, aplogies I had to go out before getting a chance to respond to your post here. Sorry for the delay.

Of course God love you sister and all mankind. You know the scriptures.

JOHN 3:16-21
[16], For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
[17], For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18], He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19], And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20], For everyone that does evil hates the light, neither comes to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed.
[21], But he that does truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are worked in God.

Now I know everyone knows and loves these scriptures but there is so much truth in them.

Salvation is conditional on us believing and following God's WORD as the scriptures say v18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

JESUS is the WORD of GOD *JOHN 1:1-4; 14; They called his name JESUS [the WORD OF GOD] because he shall save his people from their sins *MATTHEW 1:21.

So the scriptures here teach the WORD of GOD is our Saviour. If we do not BELIEVE and FOLLOW the scripture the WORD of God cannot save us *JOHN 3:18 He that believes on him is not condemned: but he that believes not is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. If we do not believe that the Word of God is our Saviour than we are condemned by God's WORD because we have chosen to reject it. We are condemned if we reject the Word of God. If this is the case come judgment day God's WORD rejects and condemns us *JOHN 3:18; JOHN 12:47-48.

So it is by rejecting God's WORD when God gives us a knowledge of the truth that we are held accountable to God. At this time we can harden our hearts at which time resisting God's HOLY Spirit can lead us away from God's WORD so that we reject the Word of God to become UNBELIEVERS. If your unbelief leads you into sin than sin will separate you from God.

2 PETER 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

JESUS LOVE us so much they he gave his life for all of us because he is not willing that any one of us should be lost or perish. Our probation is not closed until we die or just before the 2nd coming so there is hope for all to seek GOD with all their heart to BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD.

Salvation is conditional however on BELIEVING and FOLLOWING God's WORD and continuing in God's WORD *JOHN 3:16-21; JOHN 8:31-36

GOD'S ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. IF you are not a part of God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12. Gentiles are now grafted in to God's ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT *ROMANS 11:16-27.

God warns us in many places to not reject his WORD and become an UNBELIEVER as it leads us to fall away from God.

HEBREWS 3:12 Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God.

REVELATION 21:7-8
[7], He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. [8], But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and fornicators, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

God bless you sister, hope this helps.
Now I knew that is how you would respond to the question. So I am going to ask it once more. Please bear in mind, that when you are asked a direct question, it would be good if you could simply give your opinion of it, with the discernment you believe you have, rather than just quoting scripture. See, maybe its because Ia'm a simple person, but what you wrote could be open to interpretation, depending on which bit you focus on, so I do not really know the answer to my question by all those scriptures you posted. When you think about it, it is every christians duty to plainly let someone know, if they believe their actions place them in an unsaved state or not. Their eternal security is at stake. And if you refuse to answer direct questions, with the wisdom you believe you have been given, some may just give up debating with you, feeling questions will not be answered, and I am sure that would upset you, so:

Can I be saved? For I fully understand what the wording of the fourth commandment states and its application for the Israelites under the old covenant. So I do not see how I can be sinning in ignorance of it. I have no conviction of sin whatsoever in not following a specific Saturday sabbath, so have never repented of not keeping it. Can I still be in a saved state in your view? Post the scriptures again if you like, but then, this time, please answer my question plainly, based on your understanding of those scriptures. Give me your personal discernible view in you own words, so their is no misunderstanding at all. Thank you

Last edited:
  • Useful
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Now I knew that is how you would respond to the question. So I am going to ask it once more. Please bear in mind, that when you are asked a direct question, it would be good if you could simply give your opinion of it, with the discernment you believe you have, rather than just quoting scripture. See, maybe its because Ia'm a simple person, but what you wrote could be open to interpretation, depending on which bit you focus on, so I do not really know the answer to my question by all those scriptures you posted. When you think about it, it is every christians duty to plainly let someone know, if they believe their actions place them in an unsaved state or not. Their eternal security is at stake. And if you refuse to answer direct questions, with the wisdom you believe you have been given, some may just give up debating with you, feeling questions will not be answered, and I am sure that would upset you, so:

Can I be saved? For I fully understand what the wording of the fourth commandment states and its application for the Israelites under the old covenant. So I do not see how I can be sinning in ignorance of it. I have no conviction of sin whatsoever in not following a specific Saturday sabbath, so have never repented of not keeping it. Can I still be in a saved state in your view? Post the scriptures again if you like, but then, this time, please answer my question plainly, based on your understanding of those scriptures. Give me your personal discernible view in you own words, so their is no misunderstanding at all. Thank you

Hi Sister Karola, nice to see you again.

I was hoping to give you enough scripture to support answering your question in post # 843 linked. I believe your question has been answered with scripture and I believe you are a smart person and can understand what the scriptures are saying.

However, I will do my best according to your current request in this post to answer your question as my duty of love to you to speak plainly but only based on the scriptures already provided and maybe a few more added here in this post.

Firstly God does not hold anyone accountable for sin until they receive a knowledge of the truth through God's WORD. At this time, when a knowledge of the truth is come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *JAMES 4:17; ACTS 17:30-31.

Now I believe God has his people in EVERY CHURCH not everyone in every Church however are God's people. Hence this is what the OP is considering. WHO does God's WORD describe are God's chosen people that make up his true Church?

Did you have a read of the OP Karola and may I ask your thoughts about it and the scriptures provided in it? I ask this because it has a bearing on who God's WORD decribes as being his chosen people which make up his Church. I ask this as it may be of interest to you in answering your question as you can examine your own life prayerfully comparing your own life with the scriptures provided.

In relation to God's 4th commandment. There are 10 Commandments that make up God's eternal law that give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTOUENESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSLAMS 119:172. They make nothing perfect but they show us that we are all sinners in need of a Saviour and lead us to the foot of the cross that we might be forgiven by faith to be free to walk in God's Spirit *GALATIANS 3:22-25; GALATIANS 5:16. JAMES, PAUL and JOHN all tell us if we break any of God's eternal law (10 Commandments) we stand guilty before God of sin *JAMES 2:10-11; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4. God's WORD teaches that those who continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will not enter the KINGDOM of HEAVEN *HEBREWS 10:26-27; 1 JOHN 2:3-4; HEBREWS 6:4-8;

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man handed down to Protestantism by the Roman Catholic Church that has led many to break the commandments of God (Gods 4th Commandment). Jesus says that if we follow the teachings and traditions of men that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

I hope this is plain enough for you sister. Are you lost? By no means. Does God love you? ABSOLUTELY! I believe that is why he has guided you here. We are only in an unsaved state before GOD if we CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN and reject God's WORD and grieve his Spirit.

CONCLUSION: GOD'S people are all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW GOD'S WORD that he has revealed to them. If you are living up to all the KNOWLEDGE of God's WORD that he has revealed to you then you are a part of God's Church. If however you reject his WORD, you reject the Spirit of the WORD. If we continue in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN after God reveals his WORD to us we are not in a saved state before God.

However, does that mean you are lost? We are not lost until we grieve God's Spirit and our probation here on earth is over. Until then God's Spirit will plead with us because he loves everyone of us and is not willing that anyone should be lost or perish. The final decision however is ours. God never forces anyone to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD.

To be honest though I do not know how much knowledge God has revealed to you through his WORD so I cannot judge you. It is between you and God. I can only tell you what the scriptures say.

ADD ON: GOD'S ISRAEL IN THE NEW COVENANT WHO ARE THEY?

Sister I hope you do not mind this is an add on as I see from your last few posts that you do not think God's people today are God's ISREAL in the NEW COVENANT. I hope to just provide some scriptures here for your consideration and prayer.

As I recently did a very big study going through all the OLD and NEW TESTAMENT scriptures showing who God's ISRAEL are according to God's WORD under the OLD AND NEW COVENANTS. However in this post I will only focus on half the study from the NEW TESTAMENT scriptures. If your interested please let me know I will add the 2nd part of the study which goes through the origin of where ISRAEL comes from and how it links to the NEW COVENANT.

GOD'S WORD IN THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT TEACHES ISRAEL IS THE NAME GIVEN BY GOD TO ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD. (Part 2)

GOD'S ISRAEL ARE ALL THOSE WHO BELIEVE AND FOLLOW GOD'S WORD (The Church)

There is no such thing as Jew or Greek anymore. All who believe and follow God's Word are one in Christ. Israel in the OLD COVENANT were those from the seed of Abraham. In the NEW COVENANT, if you are in Christ then you are Abrahams seed and heirs according to the promise...

EPHESIANS 2:11-13 [11], Why remember, that you being in TIME PAST Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

[12], That AT THAT TIME [in the Past] YOU WERE WITHOUT CHRIST, BEING ALIENS FROM THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL, STRANGERS FROM THE COVENANT OF PROMISE, HAVING NO HOPE, AND WITHOUT GOD IN THE WORLD: [13], BUT NOW IN CHRIST JESUS, YOU WHO WERE FAR OFF ARE MADE NEAR BY THE BLOOD OF CHRIST.

GALATIANS 3:28-29 [28], THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: FOR YOU ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS AND IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN YOU ARE ABRAHAM'S SEED FOR YOU ARE ALL ONE IN CHRIST JESUS [29], and IF YOU BE CHRISTS, THEN ARE YOU ABRAHAM'S SEED, AND HEIRS ACCORDING TO THE PROMISE.

God's true ISRAEL in the NEW COVENANT are not by name only but all those in Christ. Those of the FLESH (sinful human nature) are not Abrahams seed but those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God in Christ are God's ISRAEL...

ROMANS 9:6-8 [6], FOR THEY ARE NOT ALL ISRAEL WHICH ARE OF ISRAEL,: [7], NEITHER, BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SEED OF ABRAHAM, ARE THEY ALL CHILDREN: but in Isaac shall thy seed be called <Christ> [8], That is, THEY WHICH ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE FLESH, THESE ARE NOT THE CHILDREN OF GOD: BUT THE CHILDREN OF THE PROMISE <those who believe> ARE COUNTED FOR THE SEED.

God's ISRAEL are all those in CHRIST that have been given a NEW HEART according to the NEW COVENANT promise...

ROMANS 2:28-29 [28], FOR HE IS NOT A JEW WHICH IS ONE OUTWARDLY; NEITHER IS THAT CIRCUMCISION, WHICH IS OUTWARDS IN THE FLESH: [29], BUT HE IS A JEW WHICH IS ONE INWARDLY; and CIRCUMCISION IS OF THE HEART, IN THE SPIRIT, AND NOT IN THE LETTER; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

In the NEW COVENANT all those in Christ are are God's ISRAEL...

COLOSSIANS 3:11 [11], WHERE THERE IS NEITHER JEW NOR GREEK circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: BUT CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL.

ROMANS 10:11-13 [11], For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. [12], FOR THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN JEW OR GREEK: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. [13], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL CALL UPON THE NAME OF THE LORD SHALL BE SAVED.

The New Covenant is for God's Israel...

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A NEW HEART WILL I GIVE YOU, AND A NEW SPIRIT WILL I PUT WITHIN YOU; AND I WILL TAKE AWAY THE STONY HEART OUT OF YOUR FLESH, AND GIVE YOU A HEART OF FLESH. [27], AND I WILL PUT MY SPIRIT WITHIN YOU, AND CAUSE YOU TO WALK IN MY STATUTES AND YOU SHALL KEEP MY JUDGEMENTS AND DO THEM.

and again...

JEREMIAH 31:33-34 [33], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS,AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Paul proclaims it here...

HEBREWS 8:10-12 [10], BUT THIS IS THE COVENANT THAT I WILL MAKE WITH THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL; After those days, says the LORD, I WILL PUT MY LAW IN THEIR INWARD PARTS, AND WRITE IT IN THEIR HEARTS; and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

The NEW COVENANT is for GOD'S ISRAEL which represent those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God’s WORD.

If you are not part of GOD'S ISRAEL then you are not a part of the NEW COVENANT (Hebrews 8:10-12).

God's ISRAEL is the name given by God to all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD. GENTILES are now grafted in *ROMANS 11:16:27. If you are not a part of the God's ISRAEL then you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise of a new heart to love *HEBREWS 8:10-12.

May God bless you all as you seek him through his Word

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Firstly God does not hold anyone accountable for sin until they receive a knowledge of the truth through God's WORD. At this time, when a knowledge of the truth is come God calls on all men everywhere to repent and to BELIEVE and FOLLOW his WORD *JAMES 4:17; ACTS 17:30-31.

Did you have a read of the OP Karola and may I ask your thoughts about it and the scriptures provided in it? I ask this because it has a bearing on who God's WORD decribes as being his chosen people which make up his Church.

JAMES, PAUL and JOHN all tell us if we break any of God's eternal law (10 Commandments) we stand guilty before God of sin *
God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Well as once again you refuse to plainly give your opinion of the question, in your own words, and you say I am smart, I will have to believe from what you have written, you believe neither I or anyone else can be in a saved state who is as I described myself to you. People who understand what the fourth commandment requires and its application to Israel under the old covenant, as we then continually break it without repentance.
Please don't tell me I am wrong to believe that, I expressly asked you to tell me what you believed in your own words, you did not need to quote scripture at all. All you had to say was, in your case I believe you cannot be in a saved state, or in your case I believe you can be in a saved state. From what you have written I am sure you believe I cannot be in a saved state

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Well as once again you refuse to plainly give your opinion of the question, in your own words, and you say I am smart, I will have to believe from what you have written, you believe neither I or anyone else can be in a saved state who understands what the fourth commandment requires and its application to Israel under the old covenant, if we then continually break it without repentance. So you must consider me to be in an unsaved state
Please don't tell me I am wrong to believe that, I expressly asked you to tell me what you believed in your own words, you did not need to quote scripture at all. All you had to say was, in your case I believe you cannot be in a saved state, or in your case I believe you can be in a saved state.

Hi Karola,

Sorry sister if the post was a bit long as I wanted to ask you some questions and add a few more scriptures before trying to answer your question, but please read the CONCLUSION section of post # 846 linked above it is very short and is the summary of what is being said. I also added a section after the CONCLUSION section to show that God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gentiles are not grafted in to God's ISRAEL and if you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 11:16-27.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Hi Karola,

Sorry sister if the post was a bit long as I wanted to ask you some questions and add a few more scripturres before trying to answer your question, but please read the CONCLUSION section of post # 846 linked above it is very short and is the summary of what is being said. I also add a section after the CONCLUSION section to show that God's ISRAEL under the NEW COVENANT is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. Gentiles are not grafted in to God's ISRAEL and if you are not a part of God's ISRAEL you have no part in the NEW COVENANT promise *HEBREWS 8:10-12; ROMANS 11:16:27.

God bless.
I do not mean this unkindly at all, but personally, I would not be able to debate with you, for when I ask you a direct question I do not receive a direct answer. I am not the only one who feels this way where you are concerned reading other posts in this thread.
Now I will apologise to you, for I asked you a question I knew would be impossible for you to plainly answer. You obviously do believe people such as I can be in a saved state, but you can hardly state plainly, people who break the ten commandments, whist being in full knowledge of what those commandments, are and break them continually without repentance can remain in a saved state. So you are only left the option of responding as you did.
I mean this sincerely also. I do hope not too many people feel as I do that they cannot debate with you, due to a reluctance on your part to plainly address difficult questions, for it is obvious to me how much you enjoy discussing the bible with people.
I still think you are wasted here, you would have made a great politician
God Bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I do not mean this unkindly at all, but personally, I would not be able to debate with you, for when I ask you a direct question I do not receive a direct answer. I am not the only one who feels this way where you are concerned reading other posts in this thread.
Now I will apologise to you, for I asked you a question I knew would be impossible for you to plainly answer. You obviously do believe people such as I can be in a saved state, but you can hardly state plainly, people who break the ten commandments, whist being in full knowledge of what those commandments, are and break them continually without repentance can remain in a saved state. So you are only left the option of responding as you did.
I mean this sincerely also. I do hope not too many people feel as I do that they cannot debate with you, due to a reluctance on your part to plainly address difficult questions, for it is obvious to me how much you enjoy discussing the bible with people.
I still think you are wasted here, you would have made a great politician
God Bless

Thank you sister for your reply. Although I believe I have answered you plainly through God's WORD. I do not know how I could have answered you any more plainly then I have done. God's WORD clearly shows what sin is. IF we break ANY of God's 10 Commandments we commit sin. If we CONTIUNE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN breaking any of God's Commandments after we have received a knowledge of the truth then we are not in a saved state before God.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments. I do not think I can say it any more plainer that that. Yes I have added all the scriptures above that support what I am saying here. To do anything less I believe would be wrong of me to do so and lead others to my opinions in place of God's WORD. I appreciate your thoughts and discussion however. Thanks for sharing.

God bless

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you sister for your reply. Although I believe I have answered you plainly through God's WORD. I do not know how I could have answered you any more plainly then I have done. God's WORD clearly shows what sin is. IF we break any of God's 10 Commandments we commit sin. If we CONTIUNE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN after we have received a knowledge of the truth then we are not in a saved state before God. God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments.
Fine, so you must believe I am committing known unrepentant sin by breaking the ten commandments without repentance, for I fully understand/know the truth of what the fourth commandment entailed for the Israelites under the old covenant.
And yet, you accept people like me as Christians. I do not see how that clearly addresses the point at all, I doubt anyone else will either

• Agree
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Fine, so you must believe I am committing known unrepentant sin by breaking the ten commandments without repentance, for I fully understand/know the truth of what the fourth commandment entailed for the Israelites under the old covenant.
And yet, you accept people like me as Christians. I do not see how that clearly addresses the point at all, I doubt anyone else will either

This is why I added the scripture study in post # 846 linked on who God's ISRAEL are under the NEW COVENANT. Perhaps you did not know that GOD's ISRAEL are all those today who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD? I felt impressed to share it with you. I hope you can take some time to consider the scriptures provided. As this will have an outcome of your view of God's 10 Commandments and the SABBATH and how they relate to the NEW COVANANT today. God does not hold someone accountable to sin until we receive a knowledge of what sin is and we choose to reject God's WORD.

God bless.

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is why I added the scripture study on who God's ISRAEL are under the NEW COVENANT. Perhaps you did not know that GOD's ISRAEL are all those today who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD? I felt impressed to share it with you. I hope you can take some time to consider the scriptures provided. As this will have an outcome of your view of God's 10 Commandments and the SABBATH.

God bless.
It will not have any outcome at all. The law God desires believers to follow is written in their minds and placed on their hearts by the Spirit of the living God. Sin is the transgression of the law. Through the law we become conscious of sin. The bible does not say: Through the law we may or may not become conscious of sin does it. What is in your mind, you in your mind must know, and law in your heart must give you heartfelt conviction of sin if you break it.
It is not a law written in ink for the believer anyway, as scripture tells us

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It will not have any outcome at all. The law God desires believers to follow is written in their minds and placed on their hearts by the Spirit of the living God. Sin is the transgression of the law. Through the law we become conscious of sin. The bible does not say: Through the law we may or may not become conscious of sin does it. What is in your mind, you in your mind must know, and law in your heart must give you heartfelt conviction of sin if you break it.
It is not a law written in ink for the believer anyway, as scripture tells us

You seem to be of the opinion that God's eternal law (10 Commandments) only apply to ISRAEL. The scripture study provided above clearly shows through the scriptures in the NEW COVENANT that GOD'S ISRAEL today is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. It would clearly change your view of who God's Commandments apply to under the NEW COVENANT. Take some time and prayerfully have a read. What have you got to lose? You cannot know the spirit of the law written on the heart to love before you know the letter of the law because faith come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God *ROMANS 10:17; JOHN 17:17.

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You seem to be of the opinion that God's eternal law (10 Commandments) only apply to ISRAEL. The scripture study provided above clearly shows through the scriptures in the NEW COVENANT that GOD'S ISRAEL today is all those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW God's WORD. It would clearly change your view of who God's Commandments apply to under the NEW COVENANT. Take some time and prayerfully have a read. What have you got to lose? You cannot know the spirit of the law before you know the letter of the law because faith come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God.
The law is within the believer under the new covenant, and they have an inner conviction of what that law is. It is not a law written in ink/the written code, so reading what is written in ink to know which law I must follow contradicts the bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The law is within the believer under the new covenant, and they have an inner conviction of what that law is. It is not a law written in ink/the written code, so reading what is written in ink to know which law I must follow contradicts the bible.

And yet the scriptures say; faith come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God and we are only saved by faith in God's WORD*ROMANS 10:17; JOHN 17:17.
How can you have faith if you have no word when faith comes by hearing and heaing by the Word of God? Not one has ever said to you that we are to follow a written code. We are to walk in God's Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16. We do so by faith in God's WORD not outside of it *2 CORINTHIANS 5:7

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And yet the scriptures say; faith come by hearing and hearing by the Word of God and we are only saved by faith in God's WORD*ROMANS 10:17; JOHN 17:17.
How can you have faith if you have no word when faith comes by hearing and heaing by the Word of God? Not one has ever said to you that we are to follow a written code.
I did not say Christians should not read the bible did I. I said specifically concerning the law being written in our hearts and minds, and not being a law written in ink for the believer

Upvote 0

Karola

Oct 7, 2018
Munich
✟12,045.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
How can you have faith if you have no word when faith comes by hearing and heaing by the Word of God? Not one has ever said to you that we are to follow a written code. We are to walk in God's Spirit *GALATIANS 5:16. We do so by faith in God's WORD not outside of it *2 CORINTHIANS 5:7
Anyway, I see no point in continuing this. You clearly accept as christians people who are in full knowledge of what the Ten Commandments state, but have no repentance at in your view continually breaking them. Yet you then say no one can be a Christian under this scenario. Much too confusing for a simple person like me, I will leave you to chat to others about it
God bless

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I did not say Christians should not read the bible did I. I said specifically concerning the law being written in our hearts and minds, and not being a law written in ink for the believer

Sorry if I am misunderstanding you. It sounded like you were saying you can know God's WORD without the WORD that is why I was asking how can you know what the Spirit of the LAW is if you do not know the letter of it? God's Spirit works through his WORD not outside of it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Anyway, I see no point in continuing this. You clearly accept as christians people who are in full knowledge of what the Ten Commandments state, but have no repentance at in your view continually breaking them. Yet you then say no one can be a Christian under this scenario. Much too confusing for a simple person like me, I will leave you to chat to others about it
God bless

Well that is not true and I have never said any such thing anywhere here. I have clearly stated to you that God's WORD teaches that IF we break ANY of God's 10 Commandments we commit sin. If we CONTIUNE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN (breaking any of God's Commandments) after we have received a knowledge of the truth then we are not in a saved state before God.

God's 4th Commandment is one of the 10 Commandments. I do not think I can say it any more plainer that that. Yes I have added all the scriptures in previous posts that support what I am saying here. To do anything less I believe would be wrong of me to do so and lead others to my opinions in place of God's WORD.

I appreciate your thoughts and discussion however.

Thanks for sharing

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.