Who here is a Christian fundamentalist?

Are you a Christian fundamentalist defined by the forum?

• Yes

• No

• Almost

• Nowhere near

• Need more time to study the subject

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Can you clarify your position please?

What I think you're saying is: People are OK with a "sugary sweet" God - but not ok with the side of God that requires the hard changes in your own life.

Am I understanding your argument correctly?

Yes, you are.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟244,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the main thing is a personal experience that happens can be legitimate,as long as it does not contradict the scripture. If anybodies spiritual experience is in opposition with scripture at that point you're not really following the God of the Bible are you?

Hello Daniel. Just a Q. If the best of the near death experiences align with the bible, i.e say something already said in the bible, then why not just read the bible? Why bring in the additional risk factor? ALl scripture is God breathed but not every NDE experience can be as they contradict each other. God Bless :)

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Arrabon

Jul 31, 2021
Pacific Northwest
✟9,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi all. I'm new here:wave:.
I'm on several other forums and the topics of being a pre-tribber, fundamentalist, or Calvinist, well, you know the list, comes up periodically and I don't understand why we all can't just be Christians.

1 Corinthians 3:4-5
4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are they not mere human beings?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants.

Just my 2 cents worth.
My name is Arrabon

• Friendly
Reactions: lismore
Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many interpretations of 'Fundamentalism' are found --which includes many denominations (sectarianism). I think we would all do well to be on the ground of 'Bible-only'; though many think they are following the Bible with their denominated sects??? Some of us fully understand the concept of Bible-only as "all the counsel of God" and as "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" as God says. I could expand on this privately if one wishes, but I do not want to trouble any here who disagree.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fundamentalist by the forum rules below:

A Fundamentalist Christian is a born again believer in Lord Jesus Christ who:
  1. Maintains an immovable allegiance to the inerrant, infallible, and verbally Inspired Bible;
  2. Believes whatever the Bible says is so;
  3. Judges all things by the Bible, and is judged only by the Bible, aka - "Sola Scriptura";
  4. Affirms the foundational truths of the historic Christian Faith:
    a. The doctrine of the Trinity
    b. The incarnation, virgin birth, substitutionary atonement, bodily resurrection, ascension into Heaven, and Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ
    c. The new birth through regeneration of the Holy Spirit
    d. The resurrection of saints to life eternal
    e. The resurrection of the ungodly to final judgment and eternal death
    f. The fellowship of the saints, who are the body of Christ;
  5. Practices fidelity to that faith, and endeavors to preach it to every creature;
  6. Exposes and separates from all ecclesiastical denial of that Faith, compromise with error, and apostasy from the Truth; and
  7. Earnestly contends for the Faith once delivered.
  8. Therefore, Fundamentalism is a militant orthodoxy with a soulwinning zeal. While Fundamentalists may differ on certain interpretations of Scripture, we join in unity of heart and common purpose for the defense of the Faith and the preaching of the Gospel, without compromise or division.
Thus a Fundamentalist can be from quite a few Protestant denominations, even nondenominational. Those that defer to a view that sacred tradition is equal to scripture (not sola scriptura) would not. For more information, see Fundamentalism.

Homosexuality and Same Sex Marriage:

Homosexuality and same sex marriage may be discussed in this forum, however, no promotion of these topics is allowed. Promotion is defined as encouragement of the progress, growth, or acceptance of something including advertising and publicity.

I would say that describes me accurately. Anyone else?

My firm conviction is that no one is truly saved unless they are they are all in with Christ. Either he is the only Lord whom you follow, or he is not your Lord - you cannot have two masters. So choose who you will serve. Faith is a matter of whom or what you live for.

Matthew 10:38 (WEB) 38 He who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

We take up are cross and follow Lord Jesus by renouncing the old master of selfish ambitions as part of this world, and then sanctify ourselves to God by following Lord Jesus into a life of righteousness and love.

Galatians 5:18-25 (NIV) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us walk by the Spirit.

Luke 21:34-36 (WEB) 34 “So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly. 35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth. 36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

John 10:27-28 (WEB) 27 My sheep listen my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

1 John 2:1-6 (WEB) 2 My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. If anyone sins, we have a Counselor with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous. 2 And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world. 3 This is how we know that we know him: if we keep his commandments. 4 One who says, “I know him,” and doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him. 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word. This is how we know that we are in him: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked

Luke 9:23-25
(WEB) 23 He said to all, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake, will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits his own self?

2 Timothy 2:19-22 (WEB) However God’s firm foundation stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are his,” [Numbers 16:5] and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.” 20 Now in a large house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of clay. Some are for honor, and some for dishonor. 21 If anyone therefore purges himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, and suitable for the master’s use, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee from youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Romans 6:2 Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 May it never be! We who died to sin, how can we live in it any longer?

Romans 8:3-4 (WEB) 3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; 4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 Peter 1:14-16 (WEB) 14 as children of obedience, not conforming yourselves according to your former lusts as in your ignorance, 15 but just as he who called you is holy, you yourselves also {{be holy in all of your behavior}}; 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy; for {{I am holy}}.” [Leviticus 11:44-45]

Upvote 0

jdcastro1972

Jul 31, 2023
Salisbury
✟775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I suppose I would call myself "fundamentalist", at least in theory.
However, fundamentalism in America tends to have other things attached to it, like young earth creationism (which I reject), KJV only-ism (an absurdity!) and legalistic doctrines like tithing (which I also reject). "Fundamentalists" in the UK tend to have a bit more common sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jdcastro1972

Jul 31, 2023
Salisbury
✟775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
My firm conviction is that no one is truly saved unless they are they are all in with Christ. Either he is the only Lord whom you follow, or he is not your Lord - you cannot have two masters. So choose who you will serve. Faith is a matter of whom or what you live for.

Matthew 10:38 (WEB) 38 He who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

We take up are cross and follow Lord Jesus by renouncing the old master of selfish ambitions as part of this world, and then sanctify ourselves to God by following Lord Jesus into a life of righteousness and love.

Galatians 5:18-25 (NIV) But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19 Now the deeds of the flesh are obvious, which are: adultery, sexual immorality, uncleanness, lustfulness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, strife, jealousies, outbursts of anger, rivalries, divisions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these; of which I forewarn you, even as I also forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us walk by the Spirit.

Luke 21:34-36 (WEB) 34 “So be careful, or your hearts will be loaded down with carousing, drunkenness, and cares of this life, and that day will come on you suddenly. 35 For it will come like a snare on all those who dwell on the surface of all the earth. 36 Therefore be watchful all the time, praying that you may be counted worthy to escape all these things that will happen, and to stand before the Son of Man.”

John 10:27-28 (WEB) 27 My sheep listen my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

1 John 2:1-6 (WEB) 2 My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. If anyone sins, we have a Counselor with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous. 2 And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world. 3 This is how we know that we know him: if we keep his commandments. 4 One who says, “I know him,” and doesn’t keep his commandments, is a liar, and the truth isn’t in him. 5 But God’s love has most certainly been perfected in whoever keeps his word. This is how we know that we are in him: 6 he who says he remains in him ought himself also to walk just like he walked

Luke 9:23-25
(WEB) 23 He said to all, “If anyone desires to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever will lose his life for my sake, will save it. 25 For what does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses or forfeits his own self?

2 Timothy 2:19-22 (WEB) However God’s firm foundation stands, having this seal, “The Lord knows those who are his,” [Numbers 16:5] and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from unrighteousness.” 20 Now in a large house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of clay. Some are for honor, and some for dishonor. 21 If anyone therefore purges himself from these, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, and suitable for the master’s use, prepared for every good work. 22 Flee from youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

Romans 6:2 Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 May it never be! We who died to sin, how can we live in it any longer?

Romans 8:3-4 (WEB) 3 For what the law couldn’t do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God did, sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, he condemned sin in the flesh; 4 that the ordinance of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1 Peter 1:14-16 (WEB) 14 as children of obedience, not conforming yourselves according to your former lusts as in your ignorance, 15 but just as he who called you is holy, you yourselves also {{be holy in all of your behavior}}; 16 because it is written, “You shall be holy; for {{I am holy}}.” [Leviticus 11:44-45]
That's all very well, but to get to that point would take a miracle.

Upvote 0

setst777

Site Supporter
Aug 25, 2018
Greenfield
Visit site
✟353,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's all very well, but to get to that point would take a miracle.
The Disciples expressed similarly as follows:

Mark 10:26-31 (WEB)
26 They were exceedingly astonished, saying to him, “Then who can be saved?”
27 Jesus, looking at them, said, “With men it is impossible, but not with God, for all things are possible with God.”
28 Peter began to tell him, “Behold, we have left all, and have followed you.”
29 Jesus said, “Most certainly I tell you, there is no one who has left house, or brothers, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or land, for my sake, and for the sake of the Good News, 30 but he will receive one hundred times more now in this time: houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and land, with persecutions; and in the age to come eternal life. 31 But many who are first will be last; and the last first.”

The fact is that we all live in the flesh, just as Lord Jesus did when he was on earth. To sin is never an option; to disobey Lord Jesus is never an option. However; in weakness, we will sin in thought, word, and deed. However, no true Believer ever lives or walks in any sin to fulfill its desires. If, as believers, we continue to walk in the light (a life of righteousness and love) as he is in the light, then the blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin.

1 John 1:5-9 (EWEB) 5 This is the message which we have heard from him and announce to you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him and walk in the darkness, we lie, and don’t tell the truth. 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ, his Son, cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we [those who walk in the light] confess our sins, he is faithful and righteous to forgive us the sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Faith, evidenced by walking in the light, is the only faith by which the blood of Christ cleanses the believer of any sins he does commit in weakness (1 John 1:5-9; 1 John 2:1-6).

We do not merit the Gracious Gift of Eternal Life (Rebirth in the Spirit), but God's will and good pleasure is to give eternal life to those who repent and believe in Lord Jesus, following Him.

John 8:12 (WEB) He who follows me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life [regeneration]

John 10:27 My sheep hear [listen] my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give eternal life to them [those who listen to and follow him]. They will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0