RenJac

May 1, 2010
U.S.A
✟7,758.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I think that by wearing the covering you are doing the exact opposite of what Jesus did. But if you feel called to that then so be it but I would really pray for cultural conviction and I wouldn't use scripture as your reasoning for practicing this.

I did pray on it. why think we did not?you dont know us to know if we did or didnt

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No I don't see the need for it. It is not a part of our culture and we as Christians are still suppose to be in our culture. Just my personal thoughts on it. But if it is a conviction of yours then go for it.

Agreed and Amen

Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
::Gets on her soap box:: :preach:

Actually both of us who stated we did cover on this thread are completely alone in our decision to cover and therefore not following tradition or man-made statements. We felt led to do so by God and our reasons are just that- our reasons. You may also notice that she did not post requesting opinions, theology, or doctrine concerning the practice. She simply asked who also covered. If you do not agree that is fine, but this was not a thread placed up for debate. As far as I'm concerned- that should be the end of it. To discuss and ask why we practice something is one thing... to blatantly tell us we are wrong and try to convert us to your way of thinking is completely against the spirit of the OP. Kindly take your arguments elsewhere. We are following God's will in our lives and we don't need your help to do so.

I was going to jump in, but you slammed that on out of the park.

God's Word trumps all

In Christ
Dan

Upvote 0

weariedsoul

Oct 11, 2012
✟2,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Nothing wrong with that, if it's what you feel called to do.:angel:

cool quote in your sig. Im not sure how practical preaching without words is, but maybe the quote isn't meant to be taken too seriously. Maybe it just stresses, in a clever way, living the Gospel. Anyway, it was cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I did pray on it. why think we did not?you dont know us to know if we did or didnt

I would revisit the situation in prayer if I were you.

In scripture it is talking about using the covering in their culture to show if they are married or not. In a society that does not use coverings for that purpose a wedding band or another symbol of marriage is fine.

My Bible study notes on that passage...

1 Cor. 11:5–6 head uncovered. A married woman who uncovered her head in public would have brought shame to her husband. The action may have connoted sexual availability or may simply have been a sign of being unmarried. In cultures where women’s head coverings are not a sign of being married, wives do not need to cover their heads in worship, but they could obey this command by wearing some other physical symbol of being married (such as a wedding ring). While a shaven head or short hair was considered shameful for a woman in first-century Corinth, long hair was considered to be a woman’s “glory”

Upvote 0

RenJac

May 1, 2010
U.S.A
✟7,758.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
WOW! This went crazy, I was just wondering who covered, I did not want this to be a debate, or told that I am wrong for doing what I prayed about, and what our heavenly father lead me to do.
So if you were lead to do it the ones that are saying I am wrong, are you going to GO AGAINST GOD?
hmmmm

Upvote 0

RenJac

May 1, 2010
U.S.A
✟7,758.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I would revisit the situation in prayer if I were you.

In scripture it is talking about using the covering in their culture to show if they are married or not. In a society that does not use coverings for that purpose a wedding band or another symbol of marriage is fine.

My Bible study notes on that passage...

1 Cor. 11:5–6 head uncovered. A married woman who uncovered her head in public would have brought shame to her husband. The action may have connoted sexual availability or may simply have been a sign of being unmarried. In cultures where women’s head coverings are not a sign of being married, wives do not need to cover their heads in worship, but they could obey this command by wearing some other physical symbol of being married (such as a wedding ring). While a shaven head or short hair was considered shameful for a woman in first-century Corinth, long hair was considered to be a woman’s “glory”

If the above were referring to just the spiritual/authoritative head, then why should a woman be shaved or shorn if not covered? What in the world would her hair have to do with it? Do you see the two heads? They are clearly the physical head, and the spiritual head, which stands for authority.

In verse 3, we see that the woman's husband is her spiritual head. What about unmarried women? When a woman is not married, if she is still living at home, then her father is her authority - he is the one taking care of her, and while she is under his roof, she is to submit to him. The single woman who is living on her own is not under the headship of her father, because he is no longer taking care of her - she is on her own. Therefore, until she marries, if she does, her spiritual head is Christ:

"There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband." -1 Corinthians 7:34

Let us move on. Verse four makes it clear that there are the two heads - the spiritual and physical, else one would have to seriously allegorize this verse, instead of taking it at face value. This verse also makes it clear that the headcovering is not hair, else all Christian men should be bald when they pray. For a man to take off his hair when he prays or prophesies is not what this verse is obviously talking about. 1 Corinthians 11:2-16 is referring to a physical headcovering that sits on top of the hair.

Now look at verses 5 and 6. In verse 5, notice that if a woman prophesies without a covering on her head, then she is dishonoring her spiritual head - her husband. This jives perfectly with other Scriptures, such as the following:

Upvote 0

weariedsoul

Oct 11, 2012
✟2,395.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Even if the message is spiritual in nature and referring only to the husband as the head covering and not referring to an actual head covering, the head covering itself can still be biblical. Paul and peter say women should be conservatively dressed, or maybe modest was the word they used, anyway, a head covering can be appropriate for that reason i guess. And even if it refers to the husband and not a head covering, women still obeyed the true meaning all these years, its not like they were stupid and didn't understand.

And if it means something else altogether, i have no comment.

Upvote 0

Fencepost

The Evangelist
Jan 27, 2012
Oolitic, IN
✟15,743.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am a man. I would like to wear a hat and long hair. But the word of God is contrary to that saying a man ought not to cover his head, and that long hair is shame to a man. So I can completely understand why a woman or women would be convicted to cover their head. Also to all those who say that we are suppose to conform to society as christians I would like you to back that up with chapter and verse because my understanding is we are not suppose to greet people walking as mankind pleases etc. So perhaps you all better check yourself before you wreck yourself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I missed the debate, who said it was wrong? The majority said do what you want but that they don't cover, but you likely knew that if you visited many churches or went out in public-percentage wise few American Women cover.But I don't know ANY who care if someone else does. IJS

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So I see, you are one that if God told you to do something youd say No because this is our time?

Except God wouldn't call us to do something that is against scripture. He wouldn't call us to do something that is against our culture if it means making the gospel less effective. Culture and how we use it as Christians is extremely important that is how we save the lost.

When Paul was sending Timothy in to preach he knew that particular city did not except anyone who wasn't circumcised. Even though that law was no longer important because Jesus died on the cross Paul had him circumcised anyways. Because Paul knew that Timothy needed to be excepted into the culture in order to be taken seriously and have the gospel be effective.

Wearing a head covering on our society could be a huge turn off to none believers because it isn't a part of our cultural dress. You could be hurting witness opportunities all because of a miss interpretation of scripture. I am not trying to hurt you or be mean at all I am just trying to give hard truth to you.

Upvote 0

Fencepost

The Evangelist
Jan 27, 2012
Oolitic, IN
✟15,743.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Since we are in the Laodicean church age, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea returning to the foundation Paul layed out for the church.

Amen Dan haven't we had enough compremise of God's word already. So many different churches who can count and the very reason our society's are in the horrbile shape they are in is because our generation and the generations before us said we will comprimise God's word so we can witness better. Well you know what it didn't work now we are on the fast track to the apocalypse.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
cool quote in your sig. Im not sure how practical preaching without words is, but maybe the quote isn't meant to be taken too seriously. Maybe it just stresses, in a clever way, living the Gospel. Anyway, it was cool.

Thanks. That's exactly what it means. Actions speak louder than words and you will convert more people by showing them Christ with your actions than by telling them about him with your mouth.

Upvote 0

RenJac

May 1, 2010
U.S.A
✟7,758.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Do whatever you feel you need to do I am just trying to give you a new way of thinking. I think you should revisit the situation and pray about it in reference to culture and how it will hurt or help your witness.

Ok like I said I have prayed about it, long,and hard but this is between My Father, and I.
I just simply was wondering who covers.
I was not looking for a debate or any kind of fight or for someone to KEEP telling me to pray on it, as I have already PRAYED ON IT.

I was just asking a simply question

Upvote 0

Bella Vita

Sailor in the U.S.N
May 18, 2011
✟10,239.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok like I said I have prayed about it, long,and hard but this is between My Father, and I.
I just simply was wondering who covers.
I was not looking for a debate or any kind of fight or for someone to KEEP telling me to pray on it, as I have already PRAYED ON IT.

I was just asking a simply question

Just out of curiosity.

How many people have you brought to the lord in the past year?

How many of those were people you approached in public?

Upvote 0