✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I have too much homework... I think.

One of the things I like about college classes, though, is that some of my professors don't require us to turn our homework in. That's really nice, because I can do homework and check it myself until I understand it, then quit. To me, there is nothing as annoying as doing PAGES and PAGES of problems about something you learned yeeears ago.

I don't really have homework on a per-night basis, but a per-week basis. I spend Wednesday and Thursday doing Chem homework. I spend Tuesday doing math homework. I spend Monday and the weekend doing music homework, and writing any papers I need for education class.

Lucky! It would be refreshing to be able to approach homework the way I do certain vegetables and tackle even the less appealing tasks because I understand they're nutritious for my brain and enriching to my education rather than feeling like I have to merely because I've been told I must. I'm taking a few self-directed senior classes that operate more like the colleges classes I've taken over the summers, and they're very time-consuming, but I manage the time myself. The final grades will be contingent on a midterm, a final exam, and a portfolio (for art) or thesis papers; there's no daily homework assignments. I also have classes with teachers who are sticklers for homework and not only set dates for the deadlines, but specific times, like having to submit the work by 10PM the day it was assigned rather than at the next class. I'm taking a Spanish Literature class and our teacher does this all the time. We submit the majority of our work online, so it's all timestamped. I'll sometimes have dance right after school and will then be in a panic about making it home through traffic to get everything finished and submitted in time for a deadline that night. That doesn't that happen often but when it does it makes my heart feel like it's speed racing. Sorry, I'm venting! It was one of those days, haha.

I think homework is really good for your culture and habits also it is good for your whole career too. I think you shouldnt hate your homework that much :)

For the most part I really agree with this and think it's a very positive attitude. :)
Homework helps with your self-discipline and time management habits, and that's beneficial for your career and life in general. It's also helps to develop your resolve to persevere through tasks that might be arduous or unpleasant.

I've never hated my homework........well maybe the assignments for calculus and physics, haha. There are definitely times when I feel exhausted and annoyed by some of the assignments, but my school assigns way more hw than the norm. Overall, much of it is very fulfilling. There's such a wonderful satisfaction that comes from finishing a lengthy paper or involved project, or taking a test you've worked hard to prepare for and knowing you met the challenge.

I believe that YOU choose whether or not you hate homework or not. I used to HATE homework because I wanted to indulge in other things and I thought it was boring. But nowadays, I don't hate homework because I changed my mind and appreciated that fact that it was giving me an education. I now love the thought of learning new things that I didn't know before, homework gets you that step closer. If you try to enjoy homework, you're much more likely to stop hating it.

This is also a really wise post. :) As Winston Churchill has said and my dad has repeated, attitude is a little thing that can make a big difference. Having a more optimistic approach to homework and seeing it as an opportunity to learn and grow definitely can make the process more enjoyable.

Upvote 0

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Lucky! It would be refreshing to be able to approach homework the way I do certain vegetables and tackle even the less appealing tasks because I understand they're nutritious for my brain and enriching to my education rather than feeling like I have to merely because I've been told I must. I'm taking a few self-directed senior classes that operate more like the colleges classes I've taken over the summers, and they're very time-consuming, but I manage the time myself. The final grades will be contingent on a midterm, a final exam, and a portfolio (for art) or thesis papers; there's no daily homework assignments. I also have classes with teachers who are sticklers for homework and not only set dates for the deadlines, but specific times, like having to submit the work by 10PM the day it was assigned rather than at the next class. I'm taking a Spanish Literature class and our teacher does this all the time. We submit the majority of our work online, so it's all timestamped. I'll sometimes have dance right after school and will then be in a panic about making it home through traffic to get everything finished and submitted in time for a deadline that night. That doesn't that happen often but when it does it makes my heart feel like it's speed racing. Sorry, I'm venting! It was one of those days, haha.
Wow, that does sound stressful! Lol and I completely understand about venting... the internet is good for that :p

Upvote 0

thehehe

Oct 19, 2015
France
✟127,953.00
Country
France
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I may look like a really strange person, but I do like homework. There is nothing better than a lot of homework in Literature or a good introduction to write in philosophy while listening to music or after a coffee with some friends. Or some books to study during the holidays.. Well, okay, I'm quite strange :p

Upvote 0

Butterfly99

Getting ready for spring break. Cya!
Oct 28, 2015
DC area
✟15,792.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Colouring books seem to be all the rage lately.
I would like one for science THAT might take the pain out of it. Haha

I don't hate homework, but I'm not too crazy about it. I'd rather be out with my boyfriend :)

The funny thing is that I'm taking anatomy at a college my school has an agreement with. The coloring book is my college homework. It's not like a children's coloring book but it still just feels more fun. I really have learned a lot from it. That surprised me. Well yeah everybody would rather be out with their boyfriends than doing homework, lol. Never been given that option or I sure would have picked it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm in my first year of college and definitely feel that the intensive homework I had in high school helped to prepare me for the workload I have now. I had to write 11 sizable papers this quarter, and I think I would have lost my sanity if I wasn't experienced at handling that many thanks to my high school teachers. I do miss the days when homework only consisted of a couple of hours of studying a night instead of weeks of research and constructing a paper.

Upvote 0