Who has heard of the Flat Earth conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As they say on Wiki, "Citation needed." Proof needed too, but all I have seen so far are repeated allegations/assertions, bad physics, selective evidence and bad logic.
That's the standard accusation thrown at any evidence, but so far all I have seen is repeated allegations/assertions, myth and math substituted for science, and an astounding willfull ignorance and intellectual dishonesty toward considering a preponderance of circumstantial evidence in favor of "the smoking gun".

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People have widely (average people everywhere on Earth) known the Earth is a globe not just for 60 years, since NASA got going, but for centuries.

This one is from just before 1500:

Behaims_Erdapfel.jpg
I used to have an equally convincing figurine of a Bigfoot riding a Unicorn.
;)

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This has nothing to do with Calvary Chapel, and the only deception in scope in this conversation is the lie of the globe.

If you don't want to discuss what I was referencing, don't bother responding. Thanks.
You call it a discussion when your starting point is the other side is lying? That's not very nice fruit.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Being a "no-hell" Christian, I know just how you feel. However, I have yet to see convincing flat-earth evidence. Can you at least refer me to a good source?
Go to Bit Chute and search for the "Flat Earth Comedy Special".

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, you didn't.
As far as I know and am aware, they don't believe what you believe, and you don't believe what they believe.
I've had a small amount of exposure to Calvary Chapel and my experience is the same as yours. As far as I have ever heard they do not believe it.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Spare me the drama.
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits." Matt 7:15-16

Jesus was so dramatic wasn't he?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, I did.
No, clearly.

Also, Calvary Chapel, and no other 'Chapel' or Church that has been mentioned, agrees with your views, as far as posted so far.

The errors you learned might have been because of some comfort or support provided by those teaching the errors,
or because of great injustice done to you by those who you once trusted, those who know and believe in the globe earth,
but no matter what the source, you have not revealed it yet.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. You will know them by their fruits." Matt 7:15-16

I did not see any post where it was revealed why someone chose to believe the flat earth theory, instead of believing what their own declared church believes ....
did you (or anyone) happen to see/ read it ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married

You aren't Jesus and you don't know what you are talking about. Again, spare me the drama.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I did not see any post where it was revealed why someone chose to believe the flat earth theory, instead of believing what their own declared church believes ....
did you (or anyone) happen to see/ read it ?
No, nothing that extreme... but the principle stands. When two people can look at the same scripture and come to extremely differing conclusions, how do you discern what is right? You look at the fruit. Flat Earth fruit is not good.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
No, clearly.

Also, Calvary Chapel, and no other 'Chapel' or Church that has been mentioned, agrees with your views, as far as posted so far.

The errors you learned might have been because of some comfort or support provided by those teaching the errors,
or because of great injustice done to you by those who you once trusted, those who know and believe in the globe earth,
but no matter what the source, you have not revealed it yet.

Sorry, I did.

Now we are done conversing. Good bye.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You aren't Jesus and you don't know what you are talking about. Again, spare me the drama.
I do know what I am talking about. Ironically I am preparing a message on this very scripture right now. I may use you as an example, drama and all.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No, nothing that extreme... but the principle stands. When two people can look at the same scripture and come to extremely differing conclusions, how do you discern what is right? You look at the fruit. Flat Earth fruit is not good.
No, that is not how. (as evident in this and most other threads).

To know what is right and true, for instance how did Simon barjona KNOW that Jesus IS the Christ, the Messiah, the son of the (one and only true ) Living Creator (as written - NOT as men think)...

Jesus said clearly HOW Simon barjona KNEW, and it was NOT by observing anything, nor by study....

Or, it is also true that the teachings(the fruit) of flat earth is not true , And THAT BY going back to Scripture like the Bereans, this can be seen IF the Creator Grants this... yes....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, that is not how. (as evident in this and most other threads).

To know what is right and true, for instance how did Simon barjona KNOW that Jesus IS the Christ, the Messiah, the son of the (one and only true ) Living Creator (as written - NOT as men think)...

Jesus said clearly HOW Simon barjona KNEW, and it was NOT by observing anything, nor by study....

Or, it is also true that the teachings(the fruit) of flat earth is not true , And THAT BY going back to Scripture like the Bereans, this can be seen IF the Creator Grants this... yes....
It's not one or the other it's both. What you outlined INFORMS and empowers what I outlined.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Nope, zero biblical evidence for flat earth OR sphere earth. You're forcing something to be there that is not there and stealing glory from God.

Go back to your idol.

Every part of my post from or about the Bible has been stated exactly as the Bible states Gods creation.

God states in the Bible He created two great lights, God stated in the Bible He created a raqia that separates waters, God states in Genesis that He placed the sun, moon and stars in the raqia. God states that the birds fly across the face raqia (sky) the same place the sun, moon and stars are located.

You are just an empty sounding accuser who believes the lies of science over the truth of the Bible about Gods creation.

Have you also made room for the evolution lie if not why not, evolution and a globe earth work together in satans lies.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Every part of my post from or about the Bible has been stated exactly as the Bible states Gods creation.

God states in the Bible He created two great lights, God stated in the Bible He created a raqia that separates waters, God states in Genesis that He placed the sun, moon and stars in the raqia. God states that the birds fly across the face raqia (sky) the same place the sun, moon and stars are located.

You are just an empty sounding accuser who believes the lies of science over the truth of the Bible about Gods creation.

Have you also made room for the evolution lie if not why not, evolution and a globe earth work together in satans lies.
That's the kind of thing an idol worshiper might say.

It's not there. You are making it say what you want it to say... which is exactly what satan did with scripture in scripture. Interesting.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's the kind of thing an idol worshiper might say.

It's not there. You are making it say what you want it to say... which is exactly what satan did with scripture in scripture. Interesting.

Talk is cheep and easy take Genesis and if what i said is not there and not true then post verses showing i am not stating Genesis correctly.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.