Who has heard of the Flat Earth conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
No you said, 10, 15, 18, and 20 miles were about the same. 250 is even worse. If your going to be claiming large numbers of people are lying to cover up the truth, and that science is on your side, you don't turn around and make vague statements of fact with 2x or more margin. You can't have it both ways.

Since i said it, i know what i said and i was saying these rockets, balloons, ISS are 10, 15, 18, 20 miles high. I gave multiple numbers because i actually do not know how high they are.

But i am guessing one of these numbers may be their height. But what i do know is that they all are close to being the same height up above the earth.

Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟187,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Since i said it, i know what i said and i was saying these rockets, balloons, ISS are 10, 15, 18, 20 miles high. I gave multiple numbers because i actually do not know how high they are.

But i am guessing one of these numbers may be their height. But what i do know is that they all are close to being the same height up above the earth.
OK, sounds very credible.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
YouTube certainly grew the FE group. The thing about the internet is crazy people can more easily influence people prone to being guilible.
Isn't it also true that the thing about the internet is that people who self - identify as "normal" can more easily sheepdog, gatekeep, gaslight, & bully people prone to being told what & what not to think.

• Winner
Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How about when the evidence of your own senses tells you it's wrong?
All I have to do is watch the sunset, or watch a ship go over the horizon.
Or climb a tall object.
I could also look at space station photos, but of course, those are all fake. :)
What is the most recent real conspiracy if ever there was one?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
QUOTE="JackRT, post: 74679108, member: 381486"]A lens is based on a phenomenon called refraction in which light passing from one transparent material to another is bent at the interface. This effect is caused by the fact that the speed of light is not constant but depends upon the density of the material through which it passes. Air is considerably less dense than glass and lenses are shaped to either focus the light or diverge it.

We also observe this lensing effect in air when light is passing through air of different temperatures because warmer air is less dense than colder air. Everyone has driven down an asphalt road on a sunny day and sees a mirage that looks like puddles on the road that disappear as we approach them. The sunlight heats the asphalt and it in turn warms the air above it. The further above the road the cooler the air. The "puddle" on the road is actually a patch of sky. We may be looking below the horizon but what we are seeing is actually well above it.
Road-Mirage.jpg
No it is obviously not above the road surface, It's a reflection ON the road surface made entirely obvious by the reflected car image under the car.
And you claim to be a scientist? That's pretty clumsy observation skills.
Your credibility is flagging seriously here.

The opposite occurs when the air closer to the ground is cooler than the air higher up. This frequently happens at sea but it can actually happen anywhere when the conditions are favourable. This has effect that the light rays seem to follow the curvature of the curvature of the earth. When this happens we can actually see an object over the horizon. At sea this illusion is called a Fata Morgana after a mischievous elf in Middle Eastern folklore.
20171001-105136-oq16i-jpg.29306

On rare occasions when there are several layers of warm and cool air alternately we actually can get mirroring effects as well.
2782724382_92532a0548_b.jpg

None of this proves a flat earth.
None of this disproves a flat earth.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hilarious!
You have shown us footage of a rocket hitting the dome!
It stops spinning fast when it hits the dome at about 1 minute mark. It cuts away from there because there's nothing exciting about a rocket that stops rising and almost stops spinning, right? Nothing to talk about there, right? Right in your face but you don't see it because you already know what to think.
The CGI at the 2:18 mark is pretty obvious
smh
Here's Geoshifter's original of that.:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Admin hat on
291408_e6cf608610e995bd8499eea7250caff4.jpeg

This thread is full of flaming and goading from both sides so it has been closed and will remain as such till the end of time; or till the Earth explodes into a ball of flame.
Hat gone.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.