Who does the devil fear? The answer will amaze you!

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This should be more widely shared , as a piece of apologetics.

One of the most succesful hacker groups in history is the turkish “ayyildiz team“

Their victories are legendary!
It has hacked Israel’s iron dome.
It put a turkish flag on a Russian ministry website.
it even hacked UN.
It hacked famous twitter accounts,including US state department accounts.

So when you look at it’s conquests they don’t waste on irrelevant minnows.

iIt makes it all the more amazing that

One of its targets was a small hidden church in Buenos airies , whose only claim to fame was three eucharistic miracles , the first of the modern group.

it blocked the site “ parroquiasantamariacaballito.com.ar“ for years. Now online again.

It seems the devil knows what is an important threat, even if christians and Catholics don’t!
the devil does not want you to know!
But neither do most Catholics I speak to!

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have wondered whether it is worth posting on this forum.
it gets filled with articles from the latest catholic newspaper, we can all read online,
Trouble is it pushes interesting discussion away.

@Michie - your contributions are valuable , but could you try just posting one a day - whatever you think is your most important ?

So this is a shameless bump for my own thread!!

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it gets filled with articles from the latest catholic newspaper, we can all read online,

@Michie - your contributions are valuable , but could you try just posting one a day - whatever you think is your most important ?

Feel free to bump up whatever you want. :)

Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

Another "bump." ;) I have felt similarly. I suspect it is due to the fact that, over time, posters in OBOB have dwindled. Thus Michie filled the void. But I could be wrong as I was on a long hiatus from this forum until recently, despite being a longtime member since 2007 or so.

Speaking of the Devil, I just posted a treatment on Demonology 101 over at General Theology for those who may be interested. It's mostly from a Western Catholic view, but it's also based on numerous pan-Christian experiences of the paranormal.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry for those who feel their threads are 'overlooked' or missed ...
but I think most of us here probably look down thru the threads and respond to those that are of most interest to them.
(Least that is how I approach things here!
:blush: )

p.s.
As to @Michie 's threads, I very much enjoy the assortment.
I do not spend time researching Catholic news online, so I'm glad that she does!

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Reader Antonius

Lector et Didascalus
Nov 26, 2007
Patriarchate of Old Rome
Visit site
✟32,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Sorry for those who feel their threads are 'overlooked' or missed ...
but I think most of us here probably look down thru the threads and respond to those that are of most interest to them.
(Least that is how I approach things here!
:blush: )

p.s.
As to @Michie 's threads, I very much enjoy the assortment.
I do not spend time researching Catholic news online, so I'm glad that she does!

:oldthumbsup:
A good point. She does find some very interesting stuff from multiple sources. (y) Maybe the best thing is simply to just bump when one feels it necessary or desires more discussion. Michie doesn't mind, as she said. :)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A good point. She does find some very interesting stuff from multiple sources. (y) Maybe the best thing is simply to just bump when one feels it necessary or desires more discussion. Michie doesn't mind, as she said. :)
Posters have dwindled all over the board. I post for news, education, and edification purposes. I always thought people will bump their threads for discussion and encourage it. Unfortunately, there is very little conversation and discussion here anymore. It’s been this way for a very long time. But I have had many that pm’ed me saying they enjoy the reading and learning, Catholic or not.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unfortunately, there is very little conversation and discussion here anymore. It’s been this way for a very long time.

Internet communication has changed alot since those early CF days.
Back then, I think most of us were on our desktops and laptops, many using AOL dial-up service (lol!) ...
and the screens on those devices were large. It was easy to post and read long posts, have lengthly discussions, etc.

But along came personal cellphones, texting, and social media like MySpace, Facebook ...
and internet posting behaviors began to radically change.

I think many now use their cellphones to read and post, though I am usually on my desktop or laptop.
To adjust to cellphone usage, conversations often appear now to be greatly "abbreviated".
And so I don't know how much interest there now is, in reading long, wide posts (?).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Internet communication has changed alot since those early CF days.
Back then, I think most of us were on our desktops and laptops, many using AOL dial-up service (lol!) ...
and the screens on those devices were large. It was easy to post and read long posts, have lengthly discussions, etc.

But along came personal cellphones, texting, and social media like MySpace, Facebook ...
and internet posting behaviors began to radically change.

I think many now use their cellphones to read and post, though I am usually on my desktop or laptop.
To adjust to cellphone usage, conversations often appear now to be greatly "abbreviated".
And so I don't know how much interest there now is, in reading long, wide posts (?).
I’m interested but like you said, I’m operating off a cellphone. I don’t have any interest in Facebook and other social media platforms. This is pretty much it for me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmike

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,189.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thx.

I don’t understand why people are not shouting about the science of Eucharistic miracles from the rooftops.

I accept the magisterium, but I have never understood the ambivalent attitude to modern day miracles. : it seems as if the church is trying to limit what God can say to his people since the ressurection. Why?

Such as Fatima and Eucharistic miracles are God communicating outrage at the “ indifferences , outrages and sacrilege’s” against our Lord in all the tabernacles of the world. Our Lady said it at Fatima.
This was very public, designed to be pubLic not private,

Eucharistic mirackes ARE a revelation, even if the message is not new.

it’s clear popes believe it too : so why the reluctance?

I was at Fatima today again, I did the pilgrimage of knees again.
I can’t stay away, I am drawn to it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thx.

I don’t understand why people are not shouting about the science of Eucharistic miracles from the rooftops.

I accept the magisterium, but I have never understood the ambivalent attitude to modern day miracles. : it seems as if the church is trying to limit what God can say to his people since the ressurection. Why?

Such as Fatima and Eucharistic miracles are God communicating outrage at the “ indifferences , outrages and sacrilege’s” against our Lord in all the tabernacles of the world. Our Lady said it at Fatima.
This was very public, designed to be pubLic not private,

Eucharistic mirackes ARE a revelation, even if the message is not new.

it’s clear popes believe it too : so why the reluctance?

The Church is very cautious with these things. It seems it always has been. The one difference as you pointed out, is not giving these things the exposure to the public as it should. Seems in the past, once approved these things were given plenty of exposure. Attitudes have changed and much of it is within the walls of the Church. Clergy is enamored with the current culture and seem almost embarrassed by the teachings of the Church. Miracles? Even worse from my observation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I find it interesting, that you live in such close proximity to Fatima. What a blessing that must be!

It is so interesting, the things that God allows us to experience in this lifetime.
Some of us have had many opportunities to experience some very neat things.

I once knew a (Catholic) woman who believed she was a locutionist. She believed she was hearing, and speaking for, Mary.
I didn't have the discernment at the time, to know if she was or was not.
But ... she did appear to genuinely love Mary, and was totally committed to her.

This woman (of average means) would save up her monies so as to be able to travel the world, visiting Marian shrines and pilgrimage sites.
I never knew anyone like her before; it was very interesting to hear her talk of those places and the miracles that happened there ...

Upvote 0