Who changed Sabbath from Saturday to Sunday

Gerhard Ebersoehn

Aug 22, 2008
✟14,946.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I continue to meet with other Christians for worship on various days (i.e. Sundays, Tuesdays, & Fridays) from now until Jesus comes (assuming he comes before I die) and never embrace the Sabbath again as SDA's understand and teach it, will I receive the Mark of the Beast and, by default, be a part of Babylon? Will I be lost?

If you continued to meet with other Christians for worship on one day (i.e. Sundays) but always lied that it was any or all days, like <<Tuesdays, & Fridays>>, from that you started worshipping on Sundays until Jesus comes (assuming he comes before you die) and you <<never embrace(d) the Sabbath again as>> the Bible teaches it, but persevered to understand the Sabbath as the SDA's understand and teach it, will you receive the Mark of the Beast and, by default, be a part of Babylon? Will you be lost?
Not IF you really believed like real Reformed Protestants, that you are saved by grace and not by works or free will religion. But then you also would not have lived a lie all your life.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If God had not <forced> my conscience, I would not have had a conscience.

So what is your point on this apostate forum? Are you trying to prove the SDA denomination is wrong because of an online forum?

The Holy Spirit does work through your conscience, but so does satan. Read John 16:7&8 and Isaiah 8:20 to find out how to tell the difference, unless you are just here to argue, then have at it.

Upvote 0

masmpg

Nov 20, 2006
Paradise
✟25,769.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Will you be lost?
Not IF you really believed like real Reformed Protestants, that you are saved by grace and not by works or free will religion. But then you also would not have lived a lie all your life.

It will not be "free will religion" when you are forced to decide either to worship on man's day SUNday or God's holy blessed sanctified sabbath day. No Seventh day Adventist will tell you that you will be lost if you do not worship on the sabbath. Your conscience will tell you. You might be able to hide you convictions from man but you cannot from God. This is the deciding factor in regards to salvation for all those who will be saved at last.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟418,416.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Colossians 2:16
Therefore let no one pass judgment on you in questions of food and drink, or with regard to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath.

Romans 14:5-6
One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God.
Here is a great explanation on this by palehorse...Many cite the verse and say it does away with the Sabbath, but it does no such thing, so here is the verse from the KJV:

Colossians 2:14-17
King James Version (KJV)
14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

So lets take a closer look at what it says:

Colossians 2:14-17 - Blotting out 1) the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it. 2) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the 3) sabbath days: Which are a 4) shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

#1 – The “handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us” was the law of Moses, not God’s moral law. The Commandments were described in the Bible as being written on stone with His finger (Exodus 31:18) not handwritten by Moses (Deuteronomy 31:9). Also that God’s law was not grievous to us (1 John 5:3) as Moses’ law was a witness against us (Deuteronomy 31:26).

#2 – The Mosaic Ceremonial Laws dealt with meat and drink offerings and various holydays; the 10 Commandments did not. Also, Mosaic laws did not judge a man, that was not its purpose; those laws were added BECAUSE of transgressions and did not DEFINE the transgression as the Ten Commandments do; these were already shown above.

#3 – Notice that “sabbath days” was used here; plural. The seventh-day Sabbath is usually referred to as “the sabbath day”(singular). The various holy days of Moses’ Law were called sabbaths, that is true, but they all revolved around timing of the moon – not the seven days of creation.

#4 – The Mosaic ceremonial laws were a “shadow of things to come” and that is further shown in the following text:

Galatians 3:16,19
King James Version (KJV)
16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ....19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

So we see this argument is void because it isn’t even talking about the Ten Commandments.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus changed the Sabbath to Sunday when he rose from the grave on that day and started a brand new religion of faith not dead works.
Chapter and verse please!

On BOTH changing the Sabbath, and starting a "brand new religion of faith."

Upvote 0