In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Other Christians are our brothers in Christ. We have yet to hit the point when Christ says "Come out of her my people."
Which illustrates the point that SDAism views all other Christians as 'daughters of the harlot', or Babylon, rather than truly seeing them as brothers in Christ. It (SDAism) does not honor the fact that they are IN Christ, secure in their salvation having been credited with the righteousness of Christ. Instead they are viewed as 'sub-Christians' until they leave their churches to join with the SDA denomination, the 'true' church.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which illustrates the point that SDAism views all other Christians as 'daughters of the harlot', or Babylon, rather than truly seeing them as brothers in Christ. It (SDAism) does not honor the fact that they are IN Christ, secure in their salvation having been credited with the righteousness of Christ. Instead they are viewed as 'sub-Christians' until they leave their churches to join with the SDA denomination, the 'true' church.
you would be correct....

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by djconklin
Other Christians are our brothers in Christ. We have yet to hit the point when Christ says "Come out of her my people."

Which illustrates the point that SDAism views all other Christians as 'daughters of the harlot', or Babylon, rather than truly seeing them as brothers in Christ.

"All"?!? Which SDA said "all"? In any case, if they did it would contradict God in Rev. 18:4. And, in actual fact, it isn't the SDA church that sees other Christians as not their fellow Christians--it is the RCC, to which one should note some formers have joined.

It (SDAism) does not honor the fact that they are IN Christ, secure in their salvation having been credited with the righteousness of Christ.

Only Christ know whow are His. It is not only premature, it is also unbiblical*, to make a blanket statement that all who claim to be Christians are in fact Christians.

*Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Instead they are viewed as 'sub-Christians' until they leave their churches to join with the SDA denomination, the 'true' church.

Since no proof is offered that SDA's view others as "sub-Christiaisn" we can simply dismiss this as a piece of propoganda that reflects your desperation.

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by freeindeed2

you would be correct....

Since his theology and facts are wrong he cannot possibly be correct.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sure he can be correct.... there is a perception that exists about seventh day adventists, and that perception is alive and well...

While it may be that the church no longer teaches that everyone will one day choose to convert to adventism, the perception exists....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
sure he can be correct.... there is a perception that exists about seventh day adventists, and that perception is alive and well...

While it may be that the church no longer teaches that everyone will one day choose to convert to adventism, the perception exists....
Let me ask this (to you and conklin):

If I continue to meet with other Christians for worship on various days (i.e. Sundays, Tuesdays, & Fridays) from now until Jesus comes (assuming he comes before I die) and never embrace the Sabbath again as SDA's understand and teach it, will I receive the Mark of the Beast and, by default, be a part of Babylon? Will I be lost?

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Originally Posted by djconklin

Think it through: when his theology and facts are all wrong (and you agreed with him) then what are the odds that the perception is correct? What are the odds that another person can be an SDA for over 45 years and yet never, ever, hear of anyone refer to other Christians as "sub-Christians" or to expressd the opinion that all these other people are going to die in hell?

Upvote 0

djconklin

Moderate SDA
Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
✟11,806.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
If I continue to meet with other Christians for worship on various days (i.e. Sundays, Tuesdays, & Fridays) from now until Jesus comes (assuming he comes before I die) and never embrace the Sabbath again as SDA's understand and teach it, will I receive the Mark of the Beast and, by default, be a part of Babylon? Will I be lost?

If I continue to be with and assoicate with liars, murderers, thieves and perverts and partake in their acts from now until Jesus comes (assuming He comes before I die) and never accept the Bible again as SDA's understand and teach it, will I be lost?

If I can break one and get away with it why not chuck all of them? How many of the laws of God can you break over and over and over again, willfully and deliberately and get away with it?

The Bible is quite clear the wages of sin is death. So, why would you want to sin? Especially when the alternative is to live a life filled with the love of God within? God says in His word that to break even one of his commandments is to break all of them--why would you want to do that? What's the motivation? Where's the payoff?

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think it through: when his theology and facts are all wrong (and you agreed with him) then what are the odds that the perception is correct? What are the odds that another person can be an SDA for over 45 years and yet never, ever, hear of anyone refer to other Christians as "sub-Christians" or to expressd the opinion that all these other people are going to die in hell?
I have been an adventist for over 45 yrs and I have heard those things taught... so now what? You have not heard, and I have heard.... where does that leave us? While it is not difficult for me to believe that you were never exposed to that perception I find it disingenuous that you would discount my experience....

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I picked this up from a forum eons ago and it stuck with me.... In the very end there will be two groups of people, those who love God, and those who do not...

IMO the MOB is not Sunday observance, so no you would not have the MOB or be a part of Babylon.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It was 35 years for me.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
btw, your saying he is wrong doesn't make it so... additionally it is apparent that while we have both been adventists for over 4 decades our experiences have not been similar at all... doesn't make one experience more "right" than the other, just makes them different....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"All"?!? Which SDA said "all"? In any case, if they did it would contradict God in Rev. 18:4. And, in actual fact, it isn't the SDA church that sees other Christians as not their fellow Christians--it is the RCC, to which one should note some formers have joined.
RCC=Harlot
Non-Sabbath-keeping protestants=daughters of the Harlot

You know this.

Only Christ know whow are His. It is not only premature, it is also unbiblical*, to make a blanket statement that all who claim to be Christians are in fact Christians.
I didn't make that claim. A Christian is a believer in Christ for salvation with the Spirit living IN them.

*Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
God NEVER KNEW them! These are people who believe they deserve salvation based on their doing/keeping/observing. They are not Christians (do not have the Spirit living IN them). God NEVER knew them.

Since no proof is offered that SDA's view others as "sub-Christiaisn" we can simply dismiss this as a piece of propoganda that reflects your desperation.
So you accept all Christians who do NOT go to church on the 7th day (and NEVER will) but have the Holy Spirit living in them as true brothers and sisters in Christ?

DJ, do you really think I don't know what SDAism really teaches?;)

Upvote 0

moicherie

True Brit
Oct 13, 2005
United Kingdom
✟16,811.00
Faith
SDA
btw, your saying he is wrong doesn't make it so... additionally it is apparent that while we have both been adventists for over 4 decades our experiences have not been similar at all... doesn't make one experience more "right" than the other, just makes them different....
We don't do 'different' very well, we work on absolutes its the 'we have the truth' mentality. For since we have the truth then that must mean everything I believe is the truth and if you believe differently from me then that must mean you are wrong and I am right....

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I continue to be with and assoicate with liars, murderers, thieves and perverts and partake in their acts from now until Jesus comes (assuming He comes before I die) and never accept the Bible again as SDA's understand and teach it, will I be lost?

If I can break one and get away with it why not chuck all of them? How many of the laws of God can you break over and over and over again, willfully and deliberately and get away with it?

The Bible is quite clear the wages of sin is death. So, why would you want to sin? Especially when the alternative is to live a life filled with the love of God within? God says in His word that to break even one of his commandments is to break all of them--why would you want to do that? What's the motivation? Where's the payoff?
Your answer is 'Yes' then? I am and will be lost? That's what I hear from your post. Please correct me if I'm wrong, or at least clearly confirm this IS what you're saying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I picked this up from a forum eons ago and it stuck with me.... In the very end there will be two groups of people, those who love God, and those who do not...

IMO the MOB is not Sunday observance, so no you would not have the MOB or be a part of Babylon.....
Yes. Salvation is about Jesus.

Upvote 0

StormyOne

Senior Veteran
Aug 21, 2005
Alabama
✟5,866.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We don't do 'different' very well, we work on absolutes its the 'we have the truth' mentality. For since we have the truth then that must mean everything I believe is the truth and if you believe differently from me then that must mean you are wrong and I am right....
you would also be correct....

Upvote 0

Jimlarmore

Senior Veteran
Oct 25, 2006
✟17,990.00
Faith
SDA

The mark of the beast will be one of the deciding factors for those who will be saved to stand and meet the Lord in the air at His second coming. I don't believe it will take very long for all of this to go down. The Bible tells us that the whole world will be forced to choose between the beast power or God. There will be two groups who will either stand for God or stand for the traditions of man in the very last days. If you intentionally go and worship on Sunday , knowing what you know , so you can get your card stamped , so you can feed your family you will receive the mark of the beast.

God Bless
Jim Larmore

Upvote 0

freeindeed2

In Christ We Are FREE!
Feb 1, 2007
A mile high.
✟79,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The mark of the beast will be one of the deciding factors for those who will be saved to stand and meet the Lord in the air at His second coming. I don't believe it will take very long for all of this to go down. The Bible tells us that the whole world will be forced to choose between the beast power or God. There will be two groups who will either stand for God or stand for the traditions of man in the very last days. If you intentionally go and worship on Sunday , knowing what you know , so you can get your card stamped , so you can feed your family you will receive the mark of the beast.

God Bless
Jim Larmore
So your answer is 'Yes' then? I am and will be lost because of the Sabbath?

Upvote 0

Jon0388g

Veteran
Aug 11, 2006
London
✟16,667.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single

If you take out "as SDA's understand and teach it", and insert "as the Bible teaches it" -

the answer to your question is then: yes.

Jon

Upvote 0