Heart4Him

I'll still love you, Lord.
Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought it would be nice if we could get to know each other a little bit...

I'll list a series of questions, etc..just answer how ever you feel comfortable.

I'll start..if you want to tell us about you, just copy and paste the original questions and replace my answers with yours!:thumbsup:

Heart4Him

Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Name Is: Heart4Him, Mommy, Honey, etc.,etc..;)

I have been a pastor's wife for: in full-time ministry

My husband is a: Senior Pastor

My age:

Children? What ages? 2 children

Favorite hobbies: watching movies, spending fun time with my family

Favorite color:turquoise

Favorite flower: rose

Favorite foods: lasagna, pizza, cheese ravioli(are you noticing a theme here, I love Italian), Chinese food

Favorite song/singer/group: Casting Crowns, Mercy Me, Selah

Favorite Bible verse or passage:

MinistriesSunday school teacher, pw, Mommy, and #1 supporter of my sweet husband

Favorite books: 12 Powerful Promises for every woman, from Psalm 23 by Elizabeth George, Mothers Who Pray, Beyond the Gates of Splendor by Elisabeth Elliot, The Bible

Five interesting facts about me:

1) I studied French for four years

2) I love to write Christian poetry to share with others and encourage them

3) My DH is the pastor of the church we were both saved in

4) I love to play board games

5) I never in a million years dreamed i would be a pastor's wife

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is:seeing people come to Jesus and watching their lives change and seeing them grow.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is:trying to balance church/ministry with family/personal time

My Prayer Requests: for our ministry and church, for my family's health and spiritual growth together, for an even closer personal walk with the Lord, for direction in my own personal ministries

Upvote 0

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wow I didn't even know this subforum existed - how great!

Not sure I can cover all the questions right now, but there are a few similar answers there.

My name - erin

PW for 2.5 years

Husband is: Senior Pastor/Vicar

Children - 2 sons - 4 and 2

Hobbies - CF, reading, playing with the boys, cardmaking.

Flower - freesias

Songs - Be thou my vision, anything by Emu music, Rock of Ages

bible verse - Joshua, Romans, Hebrews

ministry - women's committee, bible study leader, reluctant creche worker, PW

books - anything by Kent and Barbara Hughes - especially Disciplines of a Godly Woman, Matthias Media books, fiction stuff. The bible goes without saying.

5 interesting things:

1/ I love living in the country - small town of 2000 people
2/ I love board games too
3/ I did a 2 year ministry apprenticeship a few years back
4/ My dh and I met on the first day of uni
5/ I hate seafood - not very interesting I know, but I've run out of ideas

The best thing: the opportunity to minister to women, and be involved in God's work

The worst thing: all the funerals he has to do and time away from home

Prayer request - that we settle into our new town/church and make good friendships.

Upvote 0

Heart4Him

Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
erin74 said:
Wow I didn't even know this subforum existed - how great!

Not sure I can cover all the questions right now, but there are a few similar answers there.

My name - erin

PW for 2.5 years

Husband is: Senior Pastor/Vicar

Children - 2 sons - 4 and 2

Hobbies - CF, reading, playing with the boys, cardmaking.

Flower - freesias

Songs - Be thou my vision, anything by Emu music, Rock of Ages

bible verse - Joshua, Romans, Hebrews

ministry - women's committee, bible study leader, reluctant creche worker, PW

books - anything by Kent and Barbara Hughes - especially Disciplines of a Godly Woman, Matthias Media books, fiction stuff. The bible goes without saying.

5 interesting things:

1/ I love living in the country - small town of 2000 people
2/ I love board games too
3/ I did a 2 year ministry apprenticeship a few years back
4/ My dh and I met on the first day of uni
5/ I hate seafood - not very interesting I know, but I've run out of ideas

The best thing: the opportunity to minister to women, and be involved in God's work

The worst thing: all the funerals he has to do and time away from home

Prayer request - that we settle into our new town/church and make good friendships.
Hi, Erin!
I know...isn't it great? I just wish more people posted in it and more often!:)
It's great to meet you! We do have some similar answers don't we?
I hope to talk to you sometime. God Bless You!

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Ladies! First , I must thank you , Erin, for the PM to tell me about this forum. I have popped in a few times, but decided to join you tonight. I must warn you - I am known for being brutally honest - don't mean to be nasty, but sometimes am taken that way! I will try to be nice!
My Name Is: Ms. Garnet, Maw(my son's teasing name for me, Nanny(to the grandkids),

I have been a pastor's wife for: longer than some of you have been alive! 32 years!!!

My husband is a: "Senior Pastor" in more ways than one! - He is the "only" pastor & is a senior citizen!

My age: Older than dirt - almost ! 52 tomorrow (6/8)

Children? What ages? 2 children/daughter age 26 son age 23

Favorite hobbies: Fast & Easy Crossword Puzzles, Collecting Recipes(hope to get a family cookbook published before Christmas) , tea parties with my granddaughter & crafts with her, yard work, taking my grown children shopping!

Favorite color: need I even say? Royal Purple

Favorite flower: Most all of them - love to smell gardenias!

Favorite foods: Chocolate , casseroles, fresh veggies, not real big on meat of any kind - except I do love a loaded hot dog!

Favorite song/singer/group: The old hymn: I Know Whom I Have Believed and Touch of the Master's Hand/The Old Violin - don't know the artist

Favorite Bible verse or passage: Ruth 1:16-17; Numbers 6:24-26 , & verses of promises God has given

Ministries: You name it - I probably have done it in some form or fashion- from the church level to the county/associational level. Right now I am the Women On Mission's Leader
Favorite books: My favorite devotional books: My Daily Bread and Streams In The Desert

1) You would never know (unless you are told) that I made Who's Who in Colleges & Univ. - I can testify that the Lord is merciful & gracious!

2) I used to write secular poetry & had a big bag full(unpublished of course), got saved & wrote one poem that was a testimony & it was published in our college student poety publication. Never wrote another poem.

3) Both my children are adopted and they look so much like us that many people were shocked when they found out - many children did not believe them when they told their friends they were adopted.

4) Had I not gotten saved when I did - I probably would have been a very big women's libber -

5) I wanted to fly fighter jets when I got out of highschool -tried my best to join the airforce - was too short - they heard my height & said "go fly a kite"!

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is:"seeing people come to Jesus and watching their lives change and seeing them grow" .......ditto for me, and I have met so many wonderful people - the opportunity to help others in need is a joy too.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: Being expected to be all things to all people and to have the same seminary level knowledge & understanding of the Bible that DH has, being expected to do any job/position in the church and more than anything - the PK's (precher's kids) had better be perfect - never sick- never anything but perfect!!!!!

My Prayer Requests: Next week I am one of 3 being interviewed for the job I have held for 3 1/2 years - when a position becomes open for permenant placement - it is up for grabs - all applications are forwarded to a central office - 3 are chosen for an interview & our area manager interviews us. I am one of the 3 chosen. If I do not get permanent placement I will have zero income - my income is now 2/3 of what we bring home. My 24 yr. old son is dependent on us & it will devestate us financially because I will not be able to find another job that pays anything like this one does - yet , I know I must trust the Lord on this one. The interviewer can ask off the wall hard questions or just about "shoot the breeze" with you if he wants to place you.

SORRY I MADE THIS SO LONG!

Reactions: Heart4Him
Upvote 0

Heart4Him

Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
erin74 said:
Has anyone posted in Women's Discussion to let them know - there are a number who post in WD as far as I know.
I don't know...I've never seen anything as long as I've been on, though. Maybe I'll post something! Thank you, Erin!;)

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi, everyone. I just saw this thread. It's good to get to know all of you. Here are my answers.

I have been a pastor's wife for
:
8 1/2 years

My husband is a:
Pastor of three churches

My age:

Children? What ages?
Three children: a son, age 6, and twin daughters, age 4

Favorite hobbies:
Writing, painting, drawing, playing piano, singing, riding scooters with the kids

Favorite color:
Green, blue

Favorite flower:
Sunflower

Favorite foods:
Pizza, fruit (any kind), eggplant parmesan, Indian food (which I like to experiment with cooking for my husband)

Favorite song/singer/group:
Christian: Michael Card, Fernando Ortega, Rich Mullins, Keith Green (obviously, I don't have time to listen to much current music since I like the music of two dead guys);
Secular: Josh Groban, Luther Vandross (yet another dead guy)

Favorite Bible verse or passage:
2 Corinthians 4:16-18:
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Ministries:
Community services, editing newsletters (a local church newsletter and a newsletter for pastors' wives), writing devotionals, helping with music in church

Favorite books:
It's been too long since I've had time to read a book. I do try to take some time every day to read the Bible. I especially enjoy reading literary classics; there are so many that it's hard to pick a favorite.

1. My relationship with my husband got off to a rocky start. We had been friends for a couple of years (we met in college), but it took him at least six months to convince me to date him. I realized that I liked him only after he gave up on me and didn't talk to me for a month. Then I invited myself to go jogging with him so that he would talk to me again.

2. I love walking through leaves in the fall and hearing them crunch under my feet.

3. I also like traveling, but my husband doesn't; he prefers staying home and doing nothing when he has a vacation. This is actually one of the few things that we disagree on.

4. Having kids has shown me how terrible I am at doing more than one thing at once. Multi-tasking is definitely not my forte. I can't even walk and talk at the same time.

5. Someday when the kids are older, I want to go on a mission trip to India, where many people are accepting Christ right now. I would love to be able to teach people who have never heard about Jesus.

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is:
Getting to spend lots of time with my husband as we work together in ministry

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is:
Dealing with people who get upset about trivial things and have unrealistic expectations

Upvote 0

constance

The littlest billy goat gruff
Apr 3, 2005
Indiana
✟29,764.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My name - constance

PW for :
New PW, but have been a minister's wife for 2 years

Husband is: Senior Pastor

Children - Son, 12, daughter, almost 9

Hobbies - Music, sewing

Flower - Lavender, irises, lilies

Songs - Old hymns, folk songs.

bible verse - The book of Jonah

ministry - Music, PW group, CF, husband is trying to convince me I have a call to ordination.

books - I only read non-fiction (isn't that odd?)

5 interesting things:

We're moving into a parsonage in 2 weeks
I love antiques
We just upscaled from a 20-year old TV to a 50-incher (woot!) which will be delivered to said parsonage
I can't wait to have a garden
I will be telecommuting

The best thing: I don't know yet. :)

The worst thing: being neurotic about what the worst thing will be!

Prayer request - that we settle into our new town/church and make good friendships. (I copied this from someone else!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

QuiltAngel

Veteran
Apr 10, 2006
Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My Name Is:QuiltAngel, Mom, Jane

I have been a pastor's wife for: 21 years

My husband is a: Sole Pastor of a dual parish

My age: 49

Children? What ages? 2 sons, 23 & 17; 1 daughter, 20

Favorite hobbies: quilting, reading, travel, photography, computer

Favorite color:lavendar

Favorite flower: yellow rose

Favorite foods:Mexican, Chinese

Favorite song/singer/group: Can't name just one

Favorite Bible verse or passage: Psalm 25:4-5

Ministries: Wife of the Pastor, Mother to his children, Youth

Favorite books: The Bible, Historical Fiction

1)I enjoy quilting

2) Have a web forum for Pastor's Wives

3)Go on short term mission trips

4) I like to travel to far away places

5) Enjoy spending time with my husband and kids

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: Seeing how God works in the lives of His people

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: Trying to balance everything

My Prayer Requests: pray for those rural churches and areas that are undergoing rapid changes

MyCF Link:QuiltAngle.christianforums.com

Upvote 0

Heart4Him

Jan 11, 2006
✟31,406.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
QuiltAngel said:
My Name Is:QuiltAngel, Mom, Jane

I have been a pastor's wife for: 21 years

My husband is a: Sole Pastor of a dual parish

My age: 49

Children? What ages? 2 sons, 23 & 17; 1 daughter, 20

Favorite hobbies: quilting, reading, travel, photography, computer

Favorite color:lavendar

Favorite flower: yellow rose

Favorite foods:Mexican, Chinese

Favorite song/singer/group: Can't name just one

Favorite Bible verse or passage: Psalm 25:4-5

Ministries: Wife of the Pastor, Mother to his children, Youth

Favorite books: The Bible, Historical Fiction

1)I enjoy quilting

2) Have a web forum for Pastor's Wives

3)Go on short term mission trips

4) I like to travel to far away places

5) Enjoy spending time with my husband and kids

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: Seeing how God works in the lives of His people

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: Trying to balance everything

My Prayer Requests: pray for those rural churches and areas that are undergoing rapid changes

MyCF Link:QuiltAngle.christianforums.com
Welcome, thanks for telling us about yourself!:)

Upvote 0

Maeyken

Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I know it's been awhile since you ladies posted this, but I just discovered it and would like to become a regular reader and poster :) So I figured I better introduce myself!

My Name Is: Monica (Maeyken on CF)

I have been a pastor's wife for: 3 months

My husband is a: Student pastor, in his last year of his M.Div

My age: 24

Children? What ages? none yet... maybe in a couple years. eventually we think we want 3

Favorite hobbies: reading, watching movies, scrapbook stuff, spending fun time with my husband

Favorite color: lately I've been liking green a lot

Favorite flower: hydrangeas, especially the greeny-white ones and the light blue ones

Favorite foods: I love food in general! lol I really like cheesy things and ICE CREAM!

Favorite song/singer/group: songs I like are mostly hymns, secular music I like is Country :)

Favorite Bible verse or passage: Psalm 121

Ministries: none really at present

Favorite books: I don't have time to read a whole lot but I really like stuff by Francine Rivers

1) I am a registered nurse, and right now I am getting paid to go to school. Our hospital offered 10 nurses a chance to take the operating room certificate course, and out of 51 applicants I got in! (yay!) So they are paying us and then I will work in the OR, which has always been something I wanted to do
2) Everyone assumes I met my husband at church, just cuz he's a pastor. I didn't... I met him at a service we were both volunteering for on campus! haha
3) I'm not a vegetarian, but people sometimes think I am because I can't eat beef or pork (they give me stomach cramps and make me feel sick)
4) I got married this past June and it was the best wedding I've ever been to :) My father-in-law married us
5) I never in a million years dreamed i would be a pastor's wife- yes I am copying you! When I first met and started dating my husband, he was doing financial services stuff. Then one day he told me he quit his job and was going back to school to be a pastor! I married him anyway! ;)

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: I'm not sure yet, since at this point my husband isn't in a full pastor role

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: ditto to the above answer

My Prayer Requests:
Our church right now (where my husband is doing his placement) is a very different style of church than what I am used to, and I feel rather awkward at times. It is a city church, and I grew up going to a little country church so the atmosphere is very different too. I don't really know how to get involved, so it is hard for me to get to know people. I think part of it is just that I am new at this and I feel unsure of myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi Maeyken - I am so glad you have stumbled upon us. I couldn't remember the names of everyone who was involved on the thread in WD last year.

Congratulations on getting married. I think my wedding was the best one I've ever been to also!!!

Ditto the stomach cramps with pork thing, but not with beef. Not fun hey.

It is different being in a city church to a country church. Probably the best advice I've heard for this situation is to initiate relationships. It's hard work, but it's good to practice at this while your dh is still as student, because it's something I've found I've had to do a lot of as a minister's wife. Sometimes people don't quite know how to approach me or assume I am not very approachable. So I try to do the approaching. It's totally against my nature, but the more practice you get the easier it becomes. I know it's harder in a student position. Well at least over here it is. I think for us it was because we only ever saw people on Sundays, and they knew we wouldn't be there for very long, so they didn't really make much effort.

At the church we were at BC (before children) I got involved in a bible study. AC (after children) this was a bit harder to do, so I had to put up with what I could do on Sundays. Try and get yourself invited around for lunch - even get your minister to arrange for them to do a lunch roster for you. That way you get to know people in their own homes, where they are most comfortable.

Ok - enough from me. It's great to have you here!

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is different being in a city church to a country church. Probably the best advice I've heard for this situation is to initiate relationships. It's hard work, but it's good to practice at this while your dh is still as student, because it's something I've found I've had to do a lot of as a minister's wife. Sometimes people don't quite know how to approach me or assume I am not very approachable. So I try to do the approaching. It's totally against my nature, but the more practice you get the easier it becomes. I know it's harder in a student position. Well at least over here it is. I think for us it was because we only ever saw people on Sundays, and they knew we wouldn't be there for very long, so they didn't really make much effort.

I feel the same way. I have a difficult time initiating relationships, and people don't always feel that they can approach me. I've had to work hard at overcoming my nature in this area, but it does get somewhat easier with practice.

Upvote 0