Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the welcome everyone. I actually had a chat with my husband about not feeling like I fit in at church. Like someone said, I think it's hard for both the church people and for us, knowing that this is a temporary thing. My husband said he was going to try to find ways to help me feel more included at church, so hopefully that will help. :)

I'm glad to meet you all :)

Upvote 0

erin74

Ministry is about people not structures.
Feb 8, 2005
rural australia
✟26,267.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Our college used to encourage us to treat college as church in a community sense. We were all in similar situations with regard to how we found church. So we looked out for each other. We met together for bible study, prayed together, had meals together, and looked after each other during tough times. Just like we would if we were at church together. It means you have more energy to treat church as something you don't expect to get anything back from, because often that was what happened. Dunno if that makes sense...

Upvote 0

HaleyM

Nov 20, 2006
Arkansas
✟15,177.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My name - Haley

PW for : Student Minister's wife for 15 years, Pastor's wife for almost 2 years

Husband is: Lead (or Senior) Pastor of two churches

Children - Four kids, 12 - 11- 8 - 6, Two girls and two boys

Hobbies - internet, DisneyWorld, scrapbooking

Flower - Tulips

Favorite color: Dark Red

Favorite foods: Mexican, Anything gooey and chocolate, Movie Popcorn

Favorite song/singer/group: Casting Crowns, David Crowder, etc... also lots of secular stuff.

Favorite Bible verse or passage: Ephes 3:20 God can do anything, you know...far more that you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Ministries: First Impressions, greeter, church admin

Favorite books: Power of a Praying Wife, Velvet Elvis, Blue Like Jazz, also stuff by Karen Kingsbury, and other random fiction.

Five interesting facts about me:

1) I'm a travel agent but I get to work from home so my hours are whenever I want them to be.

2) We are church planters who planted our first church in 2005 and that church has already planted it's first church in 2006.

3) My favorite drink is iced tea with lemon and sweet n low. I hate sugared drinks.

4) I was a cross country runner in high school.

5) I used to think that we would die the oldest student pastors in history. That someday when I was 70 I'd be on a roller coaster and that would be it! Never dreamed I would 'graduate' to be a pastor's wife.

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: Getting to see first hand how God can truly change someone's life....getting to hear/be apart of some amazing stories of how God is working in and around others.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is:
The fishbowl effect and how my children are viewed by others. We're just normal people who are no different that anyone else. I think it's difficult dealing with the people who want my normal family/kids/husband on a pedistal of extremely high expectations that we can in no way live up to.

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟9,016.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I posted this in another forum - so if it is a repeat for you - please excuse me. It was so funny I just had to share it!

> > > Billy Graham was returning to Charlotte after a speaking
>engagement
> > >and when his plane arrived there was a limousine there to
transport him
> > >to his home.. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and
spoke
> > >to the driver.
> > > "You know" he said, "I am 87 years old and I have never
driven a
> > >limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?"
> > > The driver said, "No problem. Have at it."
> > >Billy gets into the driver's seat and they head off down the
highway. A
> > >short distance away sat a rookie State Trooper operating his first
>speed
> > >trap. The long black limo went by him doing 70 in a 55 mph zone.
The
> > >trooper pulled out and easily caught the limo and he got out of
his
> > >patrol car to begin the procedure.
> > > The young trooper walked up to the driver's door and when the
>glass
> > >was rolled down, he was surprised to see who was driving.
> > > He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and
called
> > >his supervisor.
> > > He told the supervisor, "I know we are supposed to enforce
the
> > >law... But I also know that important people are given certain
> > >courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped
a
> > >very important person."
> > > The supervisor asked, "Is it the governor?"
> > > The young trooper said, "No, he's more important than that."
> > > The supervisor said, "Oh, so it's the president."
> > > The young trooper said, "No, he's even more important than
that."
> > > The supervisor finally asked, "Well then, who is it?"
> > > The young trooper said, "I think it's Jesus, because he's got
>Billy
> > >Graham for a chauffeur!"

Upvote 0

DawnS1065

Jun 25, 2006
Florida
✟7,932.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
My Name : Dawn

I have been a pastor's wife for: not yet married but will be getting married June 3rd 2007. :clap:

My husband is a: International Preacher, overseer of missionary organization, overseeing pastor of a church. www.tcsb.com (website for his ministry.. more to follow)

My age: 31

Children? What ages? 1 child. 8 yrs old.

Favorite hobbies: Tae Kwon Do (only for exercise), singing

Favorite color:pink
Favorite flower: rose

Favorite foods: lasagna, pizza, chicken wings, chinese food.... um.. everything pretty much.
Favorite song/singer/group: Casting Crowns, 3rd Day, Hillsong, Nicole Nordaman, Avalon, Out of Eden
Favorite Bible verse or passage: Oh wow.. I can't pick just one... I love the story of the harlet who, despite the scorn of the pharasees, walked into the house, and fell to our Lord's feet in such a complete and total despiration.... wow. God is so good.

Ministries: Choir, nursery, much more to come.

Favorite books: Joyce Meyers: Life in the Word Devotional, He came to set the captives free by Rebecca Brown

1) I am albino (no pink eyes but can't tan). My type is carried on another chromosome that is not as severe as type that has pink eyes.. I can't tan at all and I am very white.

2) I am a nursing student. God called me into missions as a nurse so I am plugging away at it.

3) I grew up in a secretive generational satanic cult but God was with me all the while. praise God for deliverance, healing and His mercy

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is:let me comment on this in a few months.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is:this one too.

My Prayer Requests: for healing for my son as he is under a great deal of attack.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DawnS1065

Jun 25, 2006
Florida
✟7,932.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
yup!

God really kept me in the palm of His hand..

I will share my testamony with u all as soon as i find some time to sleep! i have been staying up way too late posting... but Ben is 5 hrs ahead (he is over in Ghana for another two weeks) so i can wake him up now to start his prayers for the day... He is at a seminar this week for youth and pastors and is a speaker for a bunch of sessions.

dawn

Upvote 0

herev

CL--you are missed!
Jun 8, 2004
✟36,100.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Name Is: herev, Tommy

I have been a pastor's HUSBAND for: 5 years

My WIFE is a: UM pastor and full time seminary student

My age: 42

Children? What ages? 2 children, almost 4 and almost 2

Favorite hobbies: I'm a pastor too, two small kids, wife in seminary, no time for hobbies except for CF

Favorite color:green

Favorite flower: rose

Favorite foods: chex party mix:)

Favorite song/singer/group: hmm, not really sure

Favorite Bible verse or passage: 1 John 5:13

Ministries mulitple ministries in my own church as pastor

Favorite books: Mr and Mrs Happily ever after, all of the Left Behind series

1) I studied Spanish for five years

2) I am a life long methodist

3) my children were due on the same day 2 years apart!

4) I am a nut about Sudoku:)

5) My wife and I didn't meet until we were 35. I had always just KNOWN I would always be single, but she changed my mind with a smile!

The best thing about being a pastor's HUSBAND is: having someone to talk shop with;)

The worst thing about being a pastor's HUSBAND is:being the husband of a pastor, sometimes I have to put my male tendencies to protect my spouse aside when there is a church member upset with her, it's hard to sit by or mind my own business and not be protective.

My Prayer Requests: for continued strength and endurance while she is still in school[/quote]

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 12, 2004
Visit site
✟25,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Name Is: Stacy
I have been a pastor's wife for: Well i am a music ministers wife.... does that count? We have been at this new job for just over a year now.
My husband is a: Music Minister

My age: 22

Children? What ages? 3 Children, 1 in Heaven, 1 boy 19 months old and one girl 5 months old

Favorite hobbies: watching movies, spending fun time with my family, reading, being at church

Favorite color:blue
Favorite flower: all of them

Favorite foods: Im big on Chinese

Favorite song/singer/group: My husbands the best :)

Favorite Bible verse or passage: John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Ministries nothing right now, our church doesnt offer child care other than sunday mornings, so i cant get involved as much as i'd like to.

Favorite books: any Elizabeth George book...they are all awesome!

1) I got married while still in high school
2) I overcame a drug and alcohol addiction through and only through God

3) My husband has been an official music minister for 15 months now. Although he has been in the ministry unpaid fo rmany years.

4) I make bracelets to give to mothers who have lost children due to miscarriage/stillbirth as a remembrance type thing

5) I LOVE my family

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: well the best thing about being a music ministers wife is.......well....im still working on that.... it has been trying for me, but God is working on my heart.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: again not a pastors wife but.... just dealing with the church politics and seeing sides of people i may not particularly like

My Prayer Requests: For our church to grow and blossom. we lost our pastor to a heart attack right after we moved here and were without a pastor almost a year. we just got a new pastor in october and we are trying to buil up the youth and younger people and reach out into the community more.

Upvote 0

Eila

Senior Veteran
Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
✟10,980.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My Name Is: Eila

I have been a pastor's wife for: On and off for 7 years

My husband is a: Independant Missionary Evangelist

My age: 35

Children? What ages? 2 little boys

Favorite hobbies: studying the Word, spending time with family

Favorite color: yellow

Favorite flower: lily of the valley

Favorite foods: fresh and frozen berries, popcorn

Favorite song/singer/group: I'm Free by Newsboys

Favorite Bible verse or passage: Ephesians 3:20

Ministries: Hold down the fort while husband travels Help with husband's website/newsletter.

Favorite books: Galatians, Ephesians, books by EW Kenyon

1) I practice attachment parenting.

2) I run an internet business.

3) I'll be homeschooling my kids.

4) I grew up as a Pastor's kid.

5) I used to work as a speech therapist.

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: Knowing that we are helping change lives for eternity.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: Time apart from my husband and the instability of a non-salary job.

My Prayer Requests: Open doors for my husband to minister around the world.

Upvote 0

JenRJen

Mar 15, 2007
OKC
✟15,176.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My Name Is: Rebecca

I have been a pastor's wife for: 3 years in June.

My husband is a: Youth Pastor

My age: 26

Children? What ages? 1 Daughter and she will be 3 next month. :)

Favorite hobbies: watching movies, family and surfing the net.

Favorite color: Red

Favorite flower: Tulip

Favorite foods: lasagna, roast.
Favorite song/singer/group: I don't really have a favorite.
Favorite Bible verse or passage: Proverbs 3:6

Ministries: I started a ministry at our church. We have people make casseroles that we freeze at the church and then go visit and drop off a casserole to those who have had a baby/surgery/death in the family/etc. I call it The Helping Hands Ministry. I also consider being a mother/wife a ministry. :)

Favorite books: Can't think of any right now!

1) I am from Arkansas and I own TONS of shoes. :D

2) I am a certified massage therapist but a SAHM for now.

3) I hate living so far away from my family.

4) For some odd reason I always dreamed of being a minister's wife.

5) MY DH and I met at a Bible college.

The best thing about being a pastor's wife is: Meeting all kinds of people and watching the transformations in their lives.

The worst thing about being a pastor's wife is: I could go on and on on this one! LoL! I hate how everyone is watching me and have expectations of "I" should be like. I hate seeing all the bad sides of people. OH! And when people complain about MY husband. Don't like that. Last, I hate how everyone expects my husband to be there for them above his own family.

My Prayer Requests: I really think that our church is what they call, "A failing church." Our congregants are judgemental and immature spiritually. I'm also having a hard time deciding when I should be upset with DH doesn't spend time with us. I feel like a single mom!! I came here in hopes that I could get some support/knowledge/prayers from other minister's wives/hubbies. :)

Upvote 0