Louisiana
✟11,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem I have with Job 38 is that morning stars and sons of God sang. We are not the only planet God created life on, so I'm quite sure that it also refers to people on those planets...the same ones who are watching on now and who have remained faithful to him in not eating from the tree of Knowledge of good and evil.
You are inventing ideas not supported by the Scriptures and contrary to the Scriptures as an argument against teaching from the Scriptures?

Another problem I have with sons of God being fallen angels...if true why did they stop procreating and producing giants?
You have to read the Bible. The flood stopped them from continuing on. None of them joined Noah and his family in the ark. In fact, they were the main reason for the flood.

Reactions: Theologyofone
Upvote 0

Theologyofone

May 6, 2021
Berkley
✟14,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know and it's right there if one has eyes to see it.

Growing up, my church didn't teach it and many other truths from the Bible. That's why it's so important to study for ourselves if you're only getting a sermon surrounded by a few verses in the bible each week if one goes to church. You could spend a lifetime in church and only be fed milk.

I have a lot to say on this insight. I have not been to an organize church for about 7 years. I have taught all ages as well as adults. I was an elder in 2 churches. Visit my blog I have an article I just posted pertaining to this issue call " Where has the church gone? onmy theology of one Blog Where Has The Truth Gone?. I have many writing that I have not post but I do have on my blog an book ( manual) that give a different world view of scripture.

Reactions: JulieB67
Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You are inventing ideas not supported by the Scriptures and contrary to the Scriptures as an argument against teaching from the Scriptures?

You have to read the Bible. The flood stopped them from continuing on. None of them joined Noah and his family in the ark. In fact, they were the main reason for the flood.
The flood stopped angels from procreating by killing them?
So does Lucifer no longer have these fallen angels because they were killed in the global flood?
What about the giants the Israelites encountered in Canaan?
Now it appears you are saying an angel can give up being an angel and become incarnate.
I know of only one person who has become incarnate in such a manner and that person was Jesus.

I would be interested in anyone explaining the incarnation of angels producing nephilim that were then killed by a global flood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theologyofone

May 6, 2021
Berkley
✟14,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The flood stopped angels from procreating by killing them?
So does Lucifer no longer have these fallen angels because they were killed in the global flood?
What about the giants the Israelites encountered in Canaan?
Now it appears you are saying an angel can give up being an angel and become incarnate.
I know of only one person who has become incarnate and that person was Jesus.

I would be interested in anyone explaining the incarnation of angels because that is what the view Nephilim are fallen angels when one also lays claim that they are also to have been killed by a global flood.

I will clarify this, the giants that were the offsprings of the nephilim were destroyed in the flood. The nephilim (fallen angels) remain. Therefore after the flood you see a contingent of giants. The offspring of the Nephilim.

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I will clarify this, the giants that were the offsprings of the nephilim were destroyed in the flood. The nephilim (fallen angels) remain. Therefore after the flood you see a contingent of giants. The offspring of the Nephilim.

1. So what you are saying is either:
a. Noah was of the line of the Nephilim? or
b. as there was no one else in the Ark other than Noahs sons and their wives, a nephilim was one of Noah's daughter in laws,​

Would that not then be also claiming that the Nephilim were not an abomination because God saved their race in the ark?
Wouldnt that make this part of the reason for the flood invalid and therefore invalidate the entire theory the Nephilim were born of fallen angels?

2. Also, why was Christ...born in the same way, not a giant? (God was Jesus father)

3. How do Sunday worshipping Christians that claim the book of Genesis is not a narrative of literal events (creation, the flood, the 10 commandments etc), resolve this...they claim genesis "it's just metaphorical"?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theologyofone

May 6, 2021
Berkley
✟14,659.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1. So what you are saying is either:
a. Noah was of the line of the Nephilim? or
b. as there was no one else in the Ark other than Noahs sons and their wives, a nephilim was one of Noah's daughter in laws,​

Would that not then be also claiming that the Nephilim were not an abomination because God saved their race in the ark?
Wouldnt that make this part of the reason for the flood invalid and therefore invalidate the entire theory the Nephilim were born of fallen angels?

2. Also, why was Christ...born in the same way, not a giant? (God was Jesus father)

3. How do Sunday worshipping Christians that claim the book of Genesis is not a narrative of literal events (creation, the flood, the 10 commandments etc), resolve this...they claim genesis "it's just metaphorical"?

I don't understand were you get these ideas. I don't understand how you get to your conclusions. Did you read my post #55. The Nephilim are fallen angel that lost their first estate. In Luke chapter 2 the lineage has Noah istraced back to Adam a son of God.

Upvote 0

AdamjEdgar

Apr 11, 2021
Melbourne
✟17,432.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand were you get these ideas. I don't understand how you get to your conclusions. Did you read my post #55. The Nephilim are fallen angel that lost their first estate. In Luke chapter 2 the lineage has Noah is traced back to Adam a son of God.

oh thats quite easy, if you study carefully into Genesis 6 and Job 1 as well as Job 38, then also consider after the flood that the Israelites encountered them (giants) again in Numbers 13:33...you will see exactly where i got all this from.

The problem with the fallen angels theory i think is that if they were indeed an abomination, and that was a large part of the reason for the flood, then how is it that they are again spoken about in Numbers 13:33 (oh also Goliath of Gath in Davids time is also traced back to the same origins)

the idea the Nephilim where angels is a hypothesis, no where does the bible state they were falling angels.

yes i think it is an ancient or medieval times guess without actually much thought of logical consistency with other bible themes, writings and meanings. that generated a history that is now considered fact when perhaps it was fundamentally wrong in the first place.

Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
yes i think it is an ancient or medieval times guess without actually much thought of logical consistency with other bible themes, writings and meanings. that generated a history that is now considered fact when perhaps it was fundamentally wrong in the first place.

yes bible themes are important, like the sons of God in genesis 6, God wasn’t upset with the daughters of men it wasn’t their fault the sons of God took them as they wished basically was captive forced into marriages. So God says in verse 3 He will not contend with man speaking of the sons of God and the taking of women as they pleased.

I find it hard to concur that they were falling angels that took on human form and became mortal man in verse 3, the men who were fathers to them could of partake in the taking aloud it to happen but even that the narrative is pointing to man and the sons of God are included in the statement of mortal men doing wrong.

Gen 6
2 sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they took as wives whomever they chose.

3 So the LORD said, “My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal; his days shall be 120 years.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
the idea the Nephilim where angels is a hypothesis, no where does the bible state they were falling angels.
Strictly speaking, the ancient belief was that the sons of God were the angelic beings and the nephilim were their sons. As the nephilim died they became wandering spirits later called demons. Their fathers have been imprisoned under the earth for thousands of years (as per Jude 1:6-7).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Strictly speaking, the ancient belief was that the sons of God were the angelic beings and the nephilim were their sons. As the nephilim died they became wandering spirits later called demons. Their fathers have been imprisoned under the earth for thousands of years (as per Jude 1:6-7).

Those are interesting verses, especially verse 6, did the angels break the chains God placed or is it about when they followed satan thus placed in bonds.

• Agree
Reactions: AdamjEdgar
Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
In the Hebrew Bible the term "sons of God" always refers to angelic beings. They appear in five chapters. In Deuteronomy 32:7-8 seventy of them are assigned authority over the nations of men after God dispersed them at Babel. In Job 1 and 2 they appear in a pair of classic Divine Council scenes, and later in Job God describes how each one of them shouted for joy as God laid the foundation of the earth.

To reject this is to reject all early Jewish and Christian thinking on the subject that I've ever read. The idea that the sons of God were ever men was a later invention, originated by Augustine, I think. I'll stand corrected if something else is found.

Upvote 0

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Those are interesting verses, especially verse 6, did the angels break the chains God placed or is it about when they followed satan thus placed in bonds.
Early Jewish and Christian writers said that God placed them in bonds under the earth as punishment for their sins in Genesis 6. And that they're still down there.

Interestingly, to me, is that when Peter describes the same events in 2 Peter 2:4, he says those angels were condemned to "Tartarus". This is a Greek word which describes the underground prison where the Greeks say that the Titans were imprisoned. Is he linking the Greek Titans with the sons of God? Fascinating stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have a lot to say on this insight. I have not been to an organize church for about 7 years. I have taught all ages as well as adults. I was an elder in 2 churches. Visit my blog I have an article I just posted pertaining to this issue call " Where has the church gone? onmy theology of one Blog Where Has The Truth Gone?. I have many writing that I have not post but I do have on my blog an book ( manual) that give a different world view of scripture

I will check it out, thanks!

. Noah was of the line of the Nephilim?

Actually Noah's family was the only family that hadn't mixed. He was perfect in pedigree.

Reactions: Theologyofone
Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In the Hebrew Bible the term "sons of God" always refers to angelic beings. They appear in five chapters. In Deuteronomy 32:7-8 seventy of them are assigned authority over the nations of men after God dispersed them at Babel. In Job 1 and 2 they appear in a pair of classic Divine Council scenes, and later in Job God describes how each one of them shouted for joy as God laid the foundation of the earth.

To reject this is to reject all early Jewish and Christian thinking on the subject that I've ever read. The idea that the sons of God were ever men was a later invention, originated by Augustine, I think. I'll stand corrected if something else is found.

I think the phrase sons of God is applied to multiple things, it appears in scripture as well here just a few but there are more in bible.

Matthew 5:9
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Hosea 1:10
Yet the number of the sons of Israel
Will be like the sand of the sea,
Which cannot be measured or numbered;
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
“You are the sons of the living God.”

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ChetSinger

Apr 18, 2006
✟124,958.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the phrase sons of God is applied to multiple things, it appears in scripture as well here just a few but there are more in bible.

Matthew 5:9
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.

Hosea 1:10
Yet the number of the sons of Israel
Will be like the sand of the sea,
Which cannot be measured or numbered;
And in the place
Where it is said to them,
“You are not My people,”
It will be said to them,
“You are the sons of the living God.”
I don't think these two verses stand in the way of the angelic interpretation. Because the first one is in the New Testament, and because both of them are in the future tense. Since the resurrection of Jesus every Christian is now an adopted son or daughter of God. But that wasn't yet the case when the Hebrew scriptures were written. That's my opinion, anyway.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't think these two verses stand in the way of the angelic interpretation. Because the first one is in the New Testament, and because both of them are in the future tense. Since the resurrection of Jesus every Christian is now an adopted son or daughter of God. But that wasn't yet the case when the Hebrew scriptures were written. That's my opinion, anyway.

Hosea 1:10 is OT, sons of God the living God

Psalm 2:7
“I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

Exodus 4:22-23
Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, “Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I said to you, ‘Let My son go that he may serve Me’; but you have refused to let him go. Behold, I will kill your son, your firstborn.

Upvote 0

covid-19v1

Dec 18, 2020
Louisiana
✟11,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hosea 1:10 is OT, sons of God the living God

Psalm 2:7
“I will surely tell of the decree of the Lord:
He said to Me, ‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.

Exodus 4:22-23
Then you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus says the Lord, “Israel is My son, My firstborn. So I said to you, ‘Let My son go that he may serve Me’; but you have refused to let him go. Behold, I will kill your son, your firstborn.
Hosea 1:10 was referring to Gentiles that will be saved thru Jesus Christ. And we know Jesus gave the believers the power to become sons of God (John 1:12). People of God didn't get this privilege during the Old Testament period.

Psalm 2:7 pertains to the Lord Jesus Christ.

We know the "Israel is My son, My firstborn" is just symbolic singular ("son") reference to the nation of Israel.

I hope these twisting and misrepresentation of the Scriptures is not intentional on your part. Seriously, you would not want to receive the punishment meant for the false prophets.

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hosea 1:10 was referring to Gentiles that will be saved thru Jesus Christ. And we know Jesus gave the believers the power to become sons of God (John 1:12). People of God didn't get this privilege during the Old Testament period.

Psalm 2:7 pertains to the Lord Jesus Christ.

We know the "Israel is My son, My firstborn" is just symbolic singular ("son") reference to the nation of Israel.

I hope these twisting and misrepresentation of the Scriptures is not intentional on your part. Seriously, you would not want to receive the punishment meant for the false prophets.

God loved His people in the OT and yes the are sons of God. why you say they where not Gods people sons and daughters i have no idea.

but i would never tell you about receiving punishment, because you don't fully understand meanings in the bible

A prophets tells of things to come, know the difference before you trash someone on that, you may not agree on with me on it but do not say things like that it is rude.
no one is going to be condemned for not fully interesting the saying of sons of God, that is arrogant.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

covid-19v1

Dec 18, 2020
Louisiana
✟11,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why you say they where not Gods people sons and daughters i have no idea.
I didn't say they were not God's people...I'm saying the "sons of God" title was never given to any people back in the Old Testament period. But Christ extended that to His believers.

• Agree
Upvote 0