• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

White Singers in Hungary Claim to Be African-American, for an Opera

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by SummerMadness, Apr 15, 2019.

1. SummerMadness

SummerMadness Senior Veteran

+7,231
    Christian
    White Singers in Hungary Claim to Be African-American, for an Opera
    I mean, they are a Hungarian production, so I think getting an all-black cast is certainly a tall order. Although I can understand the estate's request for an American production, if a foreign group can show true reverence and respect for the source material, then they should put on a production without restriction. Nonetheless, signing an affidavit claiming to be African American when you know full well you were born in Hungary does not show that respect or reverence... in fact, it's quite hilarious.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Aryeh Jay

Aryeh Jay Veteran Supporter CF Senior Ambassador

+7,088
    United States
    Married
    For anyone that is still attached to labels, Charlize Theron is “African American”…