White football player walks after raping mental disable black teammate

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Dietrich locker room assault suspect gets plea deal, avoids prison
A white former football player at Dietrich High School who admitted to kicking a coat hanger into the rectum of his black, disabled teammate will avoid prison, thanks to a plea agreement between his defense attorney and the Idaho Attorney General's Office.

John R.K. Howard, 19, pleaded guilty Friday to felony injury to a child. The charge was amended from felony penetration with a foreign object, which would have required him to register as a sex offender.
I hope the people in Chicago don't get Brock Turner treatment like Mr. Howard here.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How do you figure that? Less attention where? In the media? Online?

Specifics please.

The crime of the young man raped by teammates in the locker room occurred in May of 2016. The recent news on the case is the lawsuit filed recently by the parents.

Probably why the news outlets did not give the story the same priority, given the event happened months ago.

Upvote 0

thesopranopiano

Fiery, but mostly peaceful
Aug 8, 2013
Texas
✟121,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The crime of the young man raped by teammates in the locker room occurred in May of 2016. The recent news on the case is the lawsuit filed recently by the parents.

Probably why the news outlets did not give the story the same priority, given the event happened months ago.

Further than that actually. This article says the incident took place in Oct of 2015, and the story didn't seem to make it to the news until the family filed a lawsuit in May 2016. It looks like it made the news again recently because of the plea deal. The whole thing is horrific and disgusting, but yeah, compared to other recent events, it's just quite as newsworthy.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
With users in the thread about the four perpetrators in Chicago calling for the death penalty, I wonder how anyone could be so such extreme? Those people, like Mr. Howard here, should be in prison, but perhaps they should walk to show that justice is handed out in an equitable way?

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh
Upvote 0

Douger

Veteran
Oct 2, 2004
✟165,821.00
Faith
Christian
There are few crimes that I think should ruin a person's life by sending them to prison. I'm glad this guy got a lenient sentence.
I hope the victim and his family get generous assistance from the state, that would be a good use of the resources saved by not locking up the perpetrator.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is terrible and this guy deserves to serve time.

However, the OP would fully deserve to have someone come along and derail the thread with other stories that aren't this one. Bonus points if someone can try to downplay this story by making it racial in some way or attempt to dismiss this story as not being so bad, like the OP does to others.

OP: The entire board sees what you do.
Nailed it!!!! Agree, he isnt fooling anyone.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟897,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Braveheart evisceration is the just punishment for this sexual assault.

The punk needed to do hard time for this and now I hope the parents lawsuit gets a fair hearing in this county.
They will have an easier time proving that than it is to convict.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
With users in the thread about the four perpetrators in Chicago calling for the death penalty, I wonder how anyone could be so such extreme? Those people, like Mr. Howard here, should be in prison, but perhaps they should walk to show that justice is handed out in an equitable way?

If they weren't so dumb as to live stream their crime...maybe one or two would get a plea deal to testify against the others and end up "walking".

However, with the Chicago case, they recorded and posted the event...did they not? I don't see prosecutors needing testimony to secure the sentences of each of those four idiots.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
White Dietrich football players accused of raping mentally disabled black teammate in locker room
  • The 18-year-old victim was called names including "Kool-Aid," "chicken-eater," "watermelon" and the N-word by his football teammates beginning in the summer of 2015.
  • Howard also posted a confederate flag on the teen's computer and demanded he learn and recite a racist song titled "Moonman Notorious KKK," which makes reference to lynching.
  • In addition to the racial slurs, several football players made a habit of jumping on the victim's back and "humping" him, especially during football practices.
  • Team members gave the teen painful wedgies and drew a picture on a chalkboard of the plaintiff sitting in the back of a bus.
  • In late August, the plaintiff was forced to fistfight Howard as part of a "toughening up" portion of a football camp held on a farm in the Dietrich area before the football season started. The victim was made to wear boxing gloves to face off against the much-larger Howard, who was bare-fisted. Multiple times the teen was knocked down and finally knocked unconscious.
  • The beating of the teen was accompanied by catcalls, taunts and racial epithets of the football players/students in full view of coaches, who not only failed to prevent the abuse, but actively promoted it.
  • Another time, the student was returning from a football game when other players pulled off his pants and shorts and took photos of him, while the coaches stood by.
If this abuse, which was punctuated by a rape with a coat hanger received no jail time, then other heinous acts of racial violence should be treated the same. Right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
If this abuse, which was punctuated by a rape with a coat hanger received no jail time, then other heinous acts of racial violence should be treated the same. Right?

I don't know, was it really a racial hate crime? I think they targeted him based on his mental disability, and not his race.

Just because you call someone the N-word and make them sing Moonman Notorious KKK doesn't mean it's a racial hate crime, obviously.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If they weren't so dumb as to live stream their crime...maybe one or two would get a plea deal to testify against the others and end up "walking".

However, with the Chicago case, they recorded and posted the event...did they not? I don't see prosecutors needing testimony to secure the sentences of each of those four idiots.

The accused also kicked in the door (allegedly stole some items) of their downstairs neighbor because she complained of the noise upstairs.

This neighbor then called the cops.

Upvote 0

Aryeh

Dec 4, 2016
Los Angeles
✟21,820.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't know, was it really a racial hate crime? I think they targeted him based on his mental disability, and not his race.

Just because you call someone the N-word and make them sing Moonman Notorious KKK doesn't mean it's a racial hate crime, obviously.

Even by sociological terms that is a hate crime.

The rape is the power. The N-word force, and song is intent. Rape with hateful racial intent.

Upvote 0

Gadarene

-______-
Apr 16, 2012
London
✟75,247.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
UK-Labour
Even by sociological terms that is a hate crime.

The rape is the power. The N-word force, and song is intent. Rape with hateful racial intent.

I know, I know. Just framing this crime the way people did the other one.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
White Dietrich football players accused of raping mentally disabled black teammate in locker room
  • The 18-year-old victim was called names including "Kool-Aid," "chicken-eater," "watermelon" and the N-word by his football teammates beginning in the summer of 2015.
  • Howard also posted a confederate flag on the teen's computer and demanded he learn and recite a racist song titled "Moonman Notorious KKK," which makes reference to lynching.
  • In addition to the racial slurs, several football players made a habit of jumping on the victim's back and "humping" him, especially during football practices.
  • Team members gave the teen painful wedgies and drew a picture on a chalkboard of the plaintiff sitting in the back of a bus.
  • In late August, the plaintiff was forced to fistfight Howard as part of a "toughening up" portion of a football camp held on a farm in the Dietrich area before the football season started. The victim was made to wear boxing gloves to face off against the much-larger Howard, who was bare-fisted. Multiple times the teen was knocked down and finally knocked unconscious.
  • The beating of the teen was accompanied by catcalls, taunts and racial epithets of the football players/students in full view of coaches, who not only failed to prevent the abuse, but actively promoted it.
  • Another time, the student was returning from a football game when other players pulled off his pants and shorts and took photos of him, while the coaches stood by.
The entire coaching staff should be charged for fostering an environment of abuse and assault.

Probably what the parents are suing for.

I'm a youth league baseball coach and can say these coaches are negligent. I would not be surprised one or more have a previous record.

The details you provided also indicate the coaches and adults involved with the team may have been involved in or encouraged the behavior.

That school may have a Sandusky in their midst. Meaning boys who are abused by adults tend to take their lead in abusing others.

That school is a house of horrors. Someone in LE needs to turn more stones.

Now I understand your concern over equal justice. However, not every case turns up the same evidence. Judgment is based on the presented evidence.

Sifting through various eyewitness testimonies vs providing the police a video recording of your crime blow by blow, may just provide different results.

Upvote 0