Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The $100,000 per couple Trump anniversary party at Mar-A-Largo was still held over the weekend, on day 1 of the government shutdown Trump caused. Now, Trump did at least adjust his plans to not attend it, but the rest of the folks partied on. Trump typically has has the taxpayers shell out a fortune on his travel expenses for him to pleasure himself out on the golf course on weekends, but he did at least just stay in DC this one weekend. Active all active-duty members of the military are to continue their duties, but won't get paid until after the shutdown is resolved. Maybe some of that money raised could go to the folks in the military.

Edit -
Thank you, HisLegacy, for those articles. This is what is says about the restaurant the Dems went to:

Dinner for two would put a hurt on a working couples’ budget with dinner entrees running from $18 to $39, not including drinks, appetizers and dessert.

Now sure, that is pricy in comparison to Applebees or what have you, but sure is FAR less than what was spent on dinner at Trump's party.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well at least if Democrats take back Congress in November, there will be fewer military and first responders whose families need food stamps to survive--and fewer military families who will lose food stamps they really need because people like Ted Cruz wanted to lower the income threshold to pay for tax cuts to the rich.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The $100,000 per couple Trump anniversary party at Mar-A-Largo was still held over the weekend, on day 1 of the government shutdown Trump caused. Now, Trump did at least adjust his plans to not attend it, but the rest of the folks partied on. Trump typically has has the taxpayers shell out a fortune on his travel expenses for him to pleasure himself out on the golf course on weekends, but he did at least just stay in DC this one weekend. Active all active-duty members of the military are to continue their duties, but won't get paid until after the shutdown is resolved. Maybe some of that money raised could go to the folks in the military.

Edit -
Thank you, HisLegacy, for those articles. This is what is says about the restaurant the Dems went to:

Now sure, that is pricy in comparison to Applebees or what have you, but sure is FAR less than what was spent on dinner at Trump's party.

Well, the narrative in the OP to disgrace Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats fell through.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, the narrative in the OP to disgrace Nancy Pelosi and other Democrats fell through.

Nope, did you notice that the President didn't go.

Poor Nancy, partying while funding for 9,000,000 children's health goes away. I wonder if they had Crystal

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Strong wrote, “The person who said recently that a couple thousand $$ in Americans’ pockets was mere “crumbs” is now taking the entire D caucus to a very nice restaurant on Capitol Hill.”

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The $100,000 per couple Trump anniversary party at Mar-A-Largo was still held over the weekend, .

With the government shut down, President Donald Trump isn't going to Mar-a-Lago as he planned for his high-dollar fundraiser Saturday night.

But the party for supporters to celebrate the one-year anniversary of his inauguration will still go on, according to a person involved with the fundraiser.

You mean the RNC fundraiser?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
With the government shut down, President Donald Trump isn't going to Mar-a-Lago as he planned for his high-dollar fundraiser Saturday night.

But the party for supporters to celebrate the one-year anniversary of his inauguration will still go on, according to a person involved with the fundraiser.

You mean the RNC fundraiser?

For one weekend, Trump didn't take a taxpayer-funded flight to his resort to indulge himself in recreation. Thank you for letting us all know that while the government was shut down, Republicans flew down to Florida to spend $100,000 per couple at a party, while the Democrats remained in DC and had a modest dinner together.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You are honestly comparing a fundraiser to a group of politicians celebrating shutting down the government?

There's no comparison. As your links show, Democrats remained in DC. They had dinner together, at a modestly priced restaurant. They paid for their dinner themselves. Republicans with responsibilities left DC, flew down to Florida for Trump's lavish anniversary party, while as you pointed out, first responders & the military weren't getting paid on account of the government shutdown.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Did the government pay for this dinner? If not, why should I care what a private individual does with their own money? I'm sure the staff at the place were happy (providing a tip was paid, which I sincerely hope it was).

Nope, but taxpayers paid a huge amount for the 100 days Trump spent on his recreation in his 1st year (far more than Obama, even though he promised he wouldn't play golf if elected).

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Poor Nancy, partying while funding for 9,000,000 children's health goes away. I wonder if they had Crystal

Did you notice that Trump did not call off his party? Did you notice that plenty of other Republicans with responsibilities did fly down there for that lavish dinner?

Poor Nancy indeed. She paid for her own dinner. She stayed put in cold DC instead of flying down to Florida. The Republicans literally partied.

Upvote 0

Macril

Jan 17, 2018
Oslo
✟2,546.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They really don’t care

Bit populistic. I am sure some politicians even had a good nights sleep, or sex , or good cup of morning coffee instead of wailing and whipping themselves while the pay check of the troops is delayed few days.

They will get this sorted out sooner rather than later and army will get their money. Not like US government hasn’t had shutdowns before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

Why didn't the President think of the poor 9 million children's health going away?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Looks good.

Now I'm hungry!

I'm surprised it's not more expensive than it is, being up in DC. I looked at the menu they linked. The prices are pretty standard to what a mid-range restaurant in Atlanta cost. Actually less than what the popular steakhouses cost. They have a trio of steak for a lot less than the mixed grill plate I love at Bones, which is not a fancy pants restaurant but a dang good one. Definitely less than $50,000 a plate tho, like the Trump party dinner, lol.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Why didn't the President think of the poor 9 million children's health going away?
He's only had 4 months since it expired and knew full well before funding expired that it was going to expire at a set date back in Sept. and then just let it expire; why wasn't it simply renewed?...... he wanted to use it for a hostage situation. In all seriousness, I think if he drops the ball with CHIP and there are any gaps in coverage for children in the middle of treatments and needed medications ; history (and the present) will not be kind to him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For one weekend, Trump didn't take a taxpayer-funded flight to his resort to indulge himself in recreation. Thank you for letting us all know that while the government was shut down, Republicans flew down to Florida to spend $100,000 per couple at a party, while the Democrats remained in DC and had a modest dinner together.

There's no comparison. As your links show, Democrats remained in DC. They had dinner together, at a modestly priced restaurant. They paid for their dinner themselves. Republicans with responsibilities left DC, flew down to Florida for Trump's lavish anniversary party, while as you pointed out, first responders & the military weren't getting paid on account of the government shutdown.

Nope, but taxpayers paid a huge amount for the 100 days Trump spent on his recreation in his 1st year (far more than Obama, even though he promised he wouldn't play golf if elected).

Did you notice that Trump did not call off his party? Did you notice that plenty of other Republicans with responsibilities did fly down there for that lavish dinner?

Poor Nancy indeed. She paid for her own dinner. She stayed put in cold DC instead of flying down to Florida. The Republicans literally partied.

I'm surprised it's not more expensive than it is, being up in DC. I looked at the menu they linked. The prices are pretty standard to what a mid-range restaurant in Atlanta cost. Actually less than what the popular steakhouses cost. They have a trio of steak for a lot less than the mixed grill plate I love at Bones, which is not a fancy pants restaurant but a dang good one. Definitely less than $50,000 a plate tho, like the Trump party dinner, lol.

WOW, are you ok? As a Liberal I am concerned that you are seemingly so bent out of shape over one report that casts your opposition is less than glowing terms.

In your multiple posts you missed one little, actually several, point. The Fundraiser in Florida was your fellow conservative supporters. The celebration over shutting down the government was the actual lawmakers.

Upvote 0