Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm surprised it's not more expensive than it is, being up in DC. I looked at the menu they linked. The prices are pretty standard to what a mid-range restaurant in Atlanta cost. Actually less than what the popular steakhouses cost. They have a trio of steak for a lot less than the mixed grill plate I love at Bones, which is not a fancy pants restaurant but a dang good one. Definitely less than $50,000 a plate tho, like the Trump party dinner, lol.
Even if it was a bit pricier, am I to believe this is somehow a problem coming from the people who elected a literal billionaire to office? A little self-awareness would make for fewer of these awkward situations where Trump supporters have no leg to stand on.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He's only had 4 months since it expired and knew full well before funding expired that it was going to expire at a set date back in Sept. and then just let it expire; why wasn't it simply renewed?...... he wanted to use it for a hostage situation. In all seriousness, I think if he drops the ball with CHIP and there are any gaps in coverage for children in the middle of treatments and needed medications ; history (and the present) will not be kind to him.
The idea that this is squarely on the Democrats is silly. Like you said, they all knew what was on the line well ahead of time before it ever came to a vote. If the Democrats were so callous to not care about children's healthcare then so were the Republicans as well as the President.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Still waiting for the reason I should care if a private citizen, whom as far as I'm aware receives no security from the government, pays for dinner with a group.

If Trump paid for his trips to Mar-A-Lago, I wouldn't give a fig. I figure the President can likely do his job from anywhere. But we foot the bill for his trips and I don't like that.

Hislegacy seems to have more problems with someone paying their own way than someone taking lavish trips on the government dime.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
WOW, are you ok?

:tearsofjoy: Lulz at the irony. I've long wondered the exact same about you, HisLegacy. You made the thread, showing how bent out of shape you are about it, then when folks reply with facts you don't care much for, you bend more than a contortionist.

As a Liberal I am concerned that you are seemingly so bent out of shape over one report that casts your opposition is less than glowing terms.

Only fools look at the political party they're not registered in as their opposition. I'm not a fool. We live in the United States. Now, there's a ton of bickering & fractions, obviously, but it's for the best for all of us for all the folks elected to serve the government to focus on doing that, not fighting each other.

The other foolish thing here is, the only evidence you've given that the Dems were celebrating the government shut down instead of simply getting together for a modestly priced dinner - one they paid for themselves - are from biased sources.

In your multiple posts you missed one little, actually several, point. The Fundraiser in Florida was your fellow conservative supporters. The celebration over shutting down the government was the actual lawmakers.

You missed the whole point. The reason for multiple posts is on account of how you apparently needed them to get it. Sorry that they still weren't enough.

The fundraiser was a party to celebrate Trump's inauguration anniversary. Now, to fit your narrative, you want to throw out the part about it being a party, one that still went on on the same day the government shut down. Actual lawmakers flew down from DC to attend it. As you pointed out for us, the Dems stayed put in DC & had some pasta they paid for themselves.

As a conservative, no, the folks who went to that $100,000 a plate dinner, shelled out $250,000 more for playing a round of golf with Donald, at the resort are not fellows of mine at all. Are you under the impression that that money is going towards the military, first responders, or CHIP?

• Agree
Reactions: AllButNone
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:tearsofjoy: Lulz at the irony. I've long wondered the exact same about you, HisLegacy. You made the thread, showing how bent out of shape you are about it, then when folks reply with facts you don't care much for, you bend more than a contortionist.

Only fools look at the political party they're not registered in as their opposition. I'm not a fool. We live in the United States. Now, there's a ton of bickering & fractions, obviously, but it's for the best for all of us for all the folks elected to serve the government to focus on doing that, not fighting each other.

The other foolish thing here is, the only evidence you've given that the Dems were celebrating the government shut down instead of simply getting together for a modestly priced dinner - one they paid for themselves - are from biased sources.

You missed the whole point. The reason for multiple posts is on account of how you apparently needed them to get it. Sorry that they still weren't enough.

The fundraiser was a party to celebrate Trump's inauguration anniversary. Now, to fit your narrative, you want to throw out the part about it being a party, one that still went on on the same day the government shut down. Actual lawmakers flew down from DC to attend it. As you pointed out for us, the Dems stayed put in DC & had some pasta they paid for themselves.

As a conservative, no, the folks who went to that $100,000 a plate dinner, shelled out $250,000 more for playing a round of golf with Donald, at the resort are not fellows of mine at all. Are you under the impression that that money is going towards the military, first responders, or CHIP?

Me thinks thou protest too much.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm surprised it's not more expensive than it is, being up in DC. I looked at the menu they linked. The prices are pretty standard to what a mid-range restaurant in Atlanta cost. Actually less than what the popular steakhouses cost. They have a trio of steak for a lot less than the mixed grill plate I love at Bones, which is not a fancy pants restaurant but a dang good one. Definitely less than $50,000 a plate tho, like the Trump party dinner, lol.

Yeah, there's no way this is a "fancy" restaurant. At those prices, it's about a step above Applebee's. You can check out pictures of it on Google and it looks like it was decorated by the owner's grandmother. Gatewaypundit is banking on the stereotype of their readers 1.) being poor, 2.) not living in an urban area where prices are higher, and 3.) being angry and gullible enough that they'll just buy the outrage instead of stopping to contemplate how they're being manipulated.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums