Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I did read it. It says this once again:

Conclusion

"The United States is experiencing higher rates of inflation than other advanced economies. In this Economic Letter we argue that, among other reasons explored by the literature, the sizable fiscal support measures aimed at counteracting the economic collapse due to the COVID-19 pandemic could explain about 3 percentage points of the recent rise in inflation. However, without these spending measures, the economy might have tipped into outright deflation and slower economic growth, the consequences of which would have been harder to manage.

To me they are kind of saying, "damn if you do, damn if you don't." Again, I like most Americans if what they saying is true, would rather have the 3% inflation rather than the job losses in a economic slowdown. You, I guess would prefer that later.
Agreed, sometimes we have to chose between the lesser of two problems. Even then one solution may have its own unintended consequences, or that we'll need to fix the additional problems we know we will face.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I did read it. It says this once again:

Conclusion

"The United States is experiencing higher rates of inflation than other advanced economies. In this Economic Letter we argue that, among other reasons explored by the literature, the sizable fiscal support measures aimed at counteracting the economic collapse due to the COVID-19 pandemic could explain about 3 percentage points of the recent rise in inflation. However, without these spending measures, the economy might have tipped into outright deflation and slower economic growth, the consequences of which would have been harder to manage.

To me they are kind of saying, "damn if you do, damn if you don't." Again, I like most Americans if what they saying is true, would rather have the 3% inflation rather than the job losses in a economic slowdown. You, I guess would prefer that later.
I would have preferred that we not compound the problem which is exactly what happened and we are far from being out of the woods yet, there is much talk in financial circles about a pending depression.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I would have preferred that we not compound the problem which is exactly what happened and we are far from being out of the woods yet, there is much talk in financial circles about a pending depression.
I understand. In that senario of maybes as your own article lays out, you prefer the do nothing and the job losses that may have occurred.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I understand. In that senario of maybes as your own article lays out, you prefer the do nothing and the job losses that may have occurred.
if ifs and buts were candy and nuts we would all have a very Merry Christmas

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. "If" or "it may have" was the whole conclusion of your article.
as was your opinion the difference being that history confirms that the conclusion I indicated was correct.

Upvote 0

Say it aint so

Jun 19, 2020
Seattle
✟118,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
as was your opinion the difference being that history confirms that the conclusion I indicated was correct.
LOL, I quoted what they said. I provided the conclusion of the actual article your source of course never linked.
Apparently you never bothered to actually read the SF bank's article.

Upvote 0