United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Golf and cycling are hobbies for me.

I tried golf, but was unable to hit the ball the same way more than once. I had balls flying (or rolling) all over the place.

So I've been reduced to playing solitaire, and feeding the birds. :(

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I tried golf, but was unable to hit the ball the same way more than once. I had balls flying (or rolling) all over the place.

Working with a swing coach helps. They can build your swing from the ground up. The Fundamentals of Hogan by David Leadbetter is a great resource on the subject.

But repetition is key. Hitting multiple buckets on a weekly basis will fine tune your swing and cultivate good course management. Sometimes it helps to have a partner or join a beginner’s league for the experience.

So I've been reduced to playing solitaire, and feeding the birds. :(

Why? Is golf the only thing you wanted to learn?

Upvote 0

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Reactions: Ahermit
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Working with a swing coach helps. They can build your swing from the ground up. The Fundamentals of Hogan by David Leadbetter is a great resource on the subject.

But repetition is key. Hitting multiple buckets on a weekly basis will fine tune your swing and cultivate good course management. Sometimes it helps to have a partner or join a beginner’s league for the experience.

Why? Is golf the only thing you wanted to learn?

Golf has been described as,

"A game whose purpose is to place a small ball into a distant hole using instruments totally unsuited for the task." ^_^

I concur totally.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Golf has been described as,

"A game whose purpose is to place a small ball into a distant hole using instruments totally unsuited for the task." ^_^

I concur totally.

LOL. It definitely has an effect on your sex. My father took me with him when he played. His frustration was amusing. ;-)

My grandfather taught him the game. I play and my daughter played competitively. My grandfather’s final round walking the course was with her and I want the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
LOL. It definitely has an effect on your sex. My father took me with him when he played. His frustration was amusing. ;-)

My grandfather taught him the game. I play and my daughter played competitively. My grandfather’s final round walking the course was with her and I want the same.

Although I don't play I love the beauty of golf courses. Great use of land.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Although I don't play I love the beauty of golf courses. Great use of land.

Yes, they’re beautiful. I like golf and equestrian sports the most. I’ve loved horses since my childhood and still do.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yes, they’re beautiful. I like golf and equestrian sports the most. I’ve loved horses since my childhood and still do.

I used to ride a lot as a young man, great fun. My daughter did as well. I'd love to ride again but if I fell off I probably wouldn't get up.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I used to ride a lot as a young man, great fun. My daughter did as well. I'd love to ride again but if I fell off I probably wouldn't get up.

The carriage is probably a better choice and that’s enjoyable too. Find a comfy spot near the water and enjoy a nice picnic and good company.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟757,456.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I play Masters Field Hockey. Masters Sport is sport for over 35's.

I played when I was young, but lost interest years ago. I only took it up again because I became Diabetic type 2, and needed to do some exercise. Since I already knew the game to some extent, I started again. Ironically I've been playing longer as a "Master" than I did when I was young.

If I couldn't do that, I'd find something else. Sport helps to provide motivation for maintaining a certain level of fitness.

My old pastor once again was correct in his predictions viz. "I think you'll play hockey again... I think you'll get Diabetes..." I wasn't interested in hockey at the time, and had no intention of starting again, but as usual he could see it somehow.

While I was still going to his church I didn't need to play sport as we had a gym under the church. I'd typically go for an 8 km run and then do a gym work out. I was fairly fit then, but that was half a life time ago. I blame my wife - we got married and she took me away from all that!:cool:

Upvote 0