Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Which is the unhealthy one?
a little evangelism:
healthy creed and when we believe jesus loads all our sins for grace and no other person can do it, not the works of our hands can do

unhealthy is the opposite

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
One can intellectually believe the Creed and not be saved. I am a good example. I stated the Creed every week in the assembly I grew up in but that intellectual faith in the Creed did not save me; I was not spiritually born again, a second time in life, from above by God. But it wasn't until I was spiritually regenerated by the mercy & grace of God as I cried out in repentance, to be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ--that I was actually saved & became a child of God, not a child of disobedience under wrath.

All religions need the reconciling message of being right with God by repenting & believing the gospel & bearing fruit in keeping with that repentance. There are believers & unbelievers in almost every assembly of Christians around the world, at various ages. So one continues to preach the gospel, often being surprised, as my Bible study leader was when I told him I got saved.

He was surprised, thinking I was saved but I wasn't. It was night & day difference in my life. One day I knew ABOUT Jesus & the facts of the gospel message; the next day I KNEW Jesus personally & experiencially because I was given the very eternal life of God & was able to have fellowship in the light with the God of light.

Upvote 0

bekkilyn

Contemplative Christian
Site Supporter
Apr 27, 2017
USA
✟677,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
I thought it was common knowledge on CF that all the religions (and denominations) that need to be evangelized are all the religions (and denominations) that are not one's own. :)

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
a little evangelism:
healthy creed and when we believe jesus loads all our sins for grace and no other person can do it, not the works of our hands can do

unhealthy is the opposite
I'm sure non-Trinitarians believe that, yet probably you think they are not saved.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
One can intellectually believe the Creed and not be saved. I am a good example. I stated the Creed every week in the assembly I grew up in but that intellectual faith in the Creed did not save me; I was not spiritually born again, a second time in life, from above by God. But it wasn't until I was spiritually regenerated by the mercy & grace of God as I cried out in repentance, to be saved by the Lord Jesus Christ--that I was actually saved & became a child of God, not a child of disobedience under wrath.

All religions need the reconciling message of being right with God by repenting & believing the gospel & bearing fruit in keeping with that repentance. There are believers & unbelievers in almost every assembly of Christians around the world, at various ages. So one continues to preach the gospel, often being surprised, as my Bible study leader was when I told him I got saved.

He was surprised, thinking I was saved but I wasn't. It was night & day difference in my life. One day I knew ABOUT Jesus & the facts of the gospel message; the next day I KNEW Jesus personally & experiencially because I was given the very eternal life of God & was able to have fellowship in the light with the God of light.
No one said that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mathetes66

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"I mentioned the Creed & now you are saying that it is not important."

If you can find any statement where I said the Creed is not important, then please show the proof. I still say the Creed every Sunday. Yet knowing and believing it intellectually does not necessary mean one is saved spiritually. That was my point. Knowing & believing the facts of the Creed didn't save me; not that it was not important. It was just one of the things the Lord used to draw me to Himself.

Jesus showed that when He made a distinction between the written Scripture & Himself. The religious leaders knew the facts of what Scripture said & even sat in Moses' seat BUT...that didn't save them. They refused to come to Christ in order to be saved.

John 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; YET it is they that bear witness about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me that you may have life.

Reactions: Ironhold
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
If you can find any statement where I said the Creed is not important, then please show the proof. I still say the Creed every Sunday. Yet knowing and believing it intellectually does not necessary mean one is saved spiritually. That was my point. Knowing & believing the facts of the Creed didn't save me; not that it was not important. It was just one of the things the Lord used to draw me to Himself.

Jesus showed that when He made a distinction between the written Scripture & Himself. The religious leaders knew the facts of what Scripture said & even sat in Moses' seat BUT...that didn't save them. They refused to come to Christ in order to be saved.

John 5:39,40 You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; YET it is they that bear witness about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me that you may have life.
I never said that knowing the creed saves you, so there was no need of mentioning it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Willie T

St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We do know there are something like 43 valid and accepted Christian creeds don't we? Reflecting upon a discussion I foolishly stumbled into today with a mod here, I fully agree with whoever it was who earlier said "the unrighteous ones" are considered to be whomever is not of the denomination of the person doing the judging of anyone outside their denomination.

Reactions: Ironhold
Upvote 0

lambofgod43985889

of christian forum
Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
temuco
✟155,137.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
I thought it was common knowledge on CF that all the religions (and denominations) that need to be evangelized are all the religions (and denominations) that are not one's own. :)
what is your point after that assertion

Upvote 0