• Vista

• XP

• Any pre-XP version of Windows

• Mac

• Linux

• OpenSolaris

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

onemessiah

Wow...

Ubuntu definitely seems to be everyone's favorite Linux distro!
I just switched over from it to Fedora. I really liked Ubuntu, but Fedora seems to be working out better for me.

Also, just upgraded to Vista Home Premium (from XP Media Center) last week. After installing SP1, I really am enjoying Vista a lot. I used it briefly before on friends' laptops and hated it; but now that I've gotten to get to know it and run it on my computer (have a pretty good setup; which is why I hated it when I used it on laptops- they just didn't have the power to run it and it was gawd awful slow), I'll never go back to XP.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,880.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well add a Vista Laptop to my list.
Company replaced my personal laptop with a new one :clap:
Working on removing all the "extras" that HP installs on it at the same time, I'm installing all my stuff on it :D

Reactions: The_Master
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jwu

Sep 18, 2004
✟9,329.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Also, just upgraded to Vista Home Premium (from XP Media Center) last week. After installing SP1, I really am enjoying Vista a lot. I used it briefly before on friends' laptops and hated it; but now that I've gotten to get to know it and run it on my computer (have a pretty good setup; which is why I hated it when I used it on laptops- they just didn't have the power to run it and it was gawd awful slow), I'll never go back to XP.
I just went the opposite way after vista SP1 didn't properly install on my desktop...i got XP professional and am quite happy about this "downgrade".

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

I just went the opposite way after vista SP1 didn't properly install on my desktop...i got XP professional and am quite happy about this "downgrade".

lol....

I never did like the upgrade/downgrade terminology in regards to Vista and XP.
Vista has the same "feel" as XP; everything is very fimiliar because Vista is more or less a redone version of XP (read- took XP, added a lot of things to it and gave it a new face)

Upvote 0
O

onemessiah

One thing I find interesting is how Linux users seem to far outnumber Mac users.

I think this is where Apple makes a huge mistake..... Realistically, they will never supplant Microsoft. Probably will never even come close to it.
Then, look at Linux. I think that the only things holding Linux back from knocking Apple off as Number 2 is the lack of enough quality third party software, and maybe a more modern, attractive design.
Linux is a much bigger threat to Apple than Microsoft is (given that M$ has a stranglehold on #1, everyone else is fighting for runner up).

Upvote 0